Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell if the BGG search feature is broken or I am, so I apologize for what has undoubtedly been posted before. If you have a link to previous posts, that would be great.

I'm looking to find out where good stores are in the Bay Area, as I will be out there for a few days (I'll be in Berkeley, so the closer they are to there, the better). Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Yim
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games of Berkeley, 2151 Shattuck Ave., (510) 540-7822

It's a large, well-stocked store with Eurogames, domestic games, kid's games, minatures, CCGs, etc. I spent a lot of time and money at the store when I was an undergrad at UC Berkeley (it's right at the bottom of campus). They were in a much smaller location then.

Endgame, 921 Washington St., (510) 465-3637

I haven't been to this store, but I hear it's pretty good. It hosts a lot of gaming events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger Yim wrote:
Games of Berkeley, 2151 Shattuck Ave., (510) 540-7822

It's a large, well-stocked store with Eurogames, domestic games, kid's games, minatures, CCGs, etc. I spent a lot of time and money at the store when I was an undergrad at UC Berkeley (it's right at the bottom of campus). They were in a much smaller location then.

I haven't been to this store, but I hear it's pretty good. It hosts a lot of gaming events.

Roger, what years were you at Berkeley? I was there 89 to 93, and I definitely remember when GoB was in that small shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Osborn
United States
Clayton
California
flag msg tools
I'd pass games of berkley, the staff was extremely rude the couple times my wife and I shopped there. But they do have a lot of games.

If you visit the city, Gamescape on Divisadero street is a great store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremiah,

If you have money to spend on a night out (meaning, you didn't spend all your money at the game store), I'd highly recommend looking up Cafe Venizia on University Avenue. Incredible Italian restaurant. Make reservations though... they tend to be really full on weekend nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eaton-Salners
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger Yim wrote:

This is a great store. They have a larger selection of Eurogames than Games of Berkeley. It is about a 15 minute drive from Berkeley in Oakland. Check out their website at:
http://www.endgameoakland.com/

If you're looking for some gaming while you are in the bay area, check out this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the alternative, if someone is having gamenight in the Berkeley area and wants a transient player, feel free to PM me, I'll be in Berkeley Sunday through Wednesday (i leave Thursday).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Cumference
United States
Unspecified
California
flag msg tools
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ganska
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
You're in luck, Endgames Oakland is having East Bay Game day on Sat July 23rd. Staring at 10 till they close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Yim
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kima,

I was at Berkeley from 1982-86, but I lived in Berkeley until around 1990.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls