Popular Tags: [View All]
Eivind Olsen
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so I thought I'd try the general forum.

I'll be going on a vacation to the UK in a months time. We'll probably stay in the area surrounding Newcastle upon Tyne, northward to Edinburgh, and we might also travel further north, up to Inverness.

Does anyone know if there are any decent game stores in any of those areas? Ideally, the store should have their inventory available on the web, they should be well stocked, have reasonable prices etc.

To give some examples on games I'd be looking for: Euphrat&Tigris, RoboRally, Ingenious.

Regards
Eivind Olsen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Askew
United Kingdom
Pelaw, Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I can't vouch for Edinburgh or Inverness, but in Newcastle we have;

Forbidden Planet
and
Travelling Man

Both stores are on Grainger Street (the main street between Central Train Station and Monument).

Personally I prefer Travelling Man, as the store is bigger and brighter and has a better selection of games (FP's game section is hidden in the basement BTW...)

Check out www.travellingman.com for more details, although to be honest, the store itself carries more games than the online store.

Hope this helps.

Chris.

PS. Travelling Man runs a games night on Tuesdays I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Lion Games, in Edinburgh, usually has a pretty good selection of games - although its website http://www.black-lion.co.uk/ isn't very up to date, as the range of non-RPG/CCG board games is much wider than those listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eivind Olsen
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gery McLaughlin wrote:
Black Lion Games, in Edinburgh, usually has a pretty good selection of games - although its website http://www.black-lion.co.uk/ isn't very up to date
Good to hear.
I already looked at their website, and it gave _very_ little information about which games they had.

Regards
Eivind Olsen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls