Popular Tags: [View All]
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the title pretty much says it all... anyone interested? please post here or send me a message. My interest is in middle-to-heavy weight Euros, you can see my collection for reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John,
Welcome to the neighborhood. Where will you be moving to? Anyway, it seems like we have very different tastes in games, but I do know there are a couple of groups of hardcore Eurogamers. Most of them are on the BGG quite a bit, and I'm sure they'll chime in soon. I've met and played with a number of people in the DC area who I've met on the Geek and have found them all to be friendly, normal, sane people who were a lot of fun to game with. I'm sure you'll have a simillar experience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bogdasarian
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not what you're looking for as an opponent, but I'll second Jonathan's recommendation of the DC locals present on BGG - nothing but positive experiences here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Haas
United States
Edgewood
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check out the Games Club of Maryland (GCOM), as well. We have several locations near DC.

http://www.gamesclubofmd.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stupidly Happy
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
mbmbmbmbmb
Two recommendations:

1. Drop a note to Tom McCorry (tmccorry).

2. Move to Colorado Springs as soon as you tire of life in Spin City...the City of Angles...Monument Alley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
verandi wrote:
Well the title pretty much says it all... anyone interested? please post here or send me a message. My interest is in middle-to-heavy weight Euros, you can see my collection for reference.

Where in DC? I know euro gamers in just about every nook and cranny all around the beltway, both inside and out, but it's a big area. Let me know where you are planning to move, and I feel certain I can hook you up.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nelson
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in DC and have a semi-regular group of people (used to be more regular before my daughter was born). I noticed your posting on a geeklist recently about purchasing Struggle of Empires and Friedrich. I've got both of these, but have a hard time getting them on the table with my friends, as they prefer light to middle-weight Euros.

I'm more in your range of middle to heavy. Drop me a line sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falafel Palmer
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in DC and it looks like we share something in the way of tastes. i'm not into the heavier Euros, but i like to think i'll try any game once. I don't have a game group, but do have a few friends who are often willing to play if they are free. Let me know, i'd love to hear from you. Where in DC are you moving to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just moved to DC myself (NW quadrant), and am searching for some group to play with. Not much of a wargamer, but most other genres are quite happy. Guess I'll be doing some research too.

T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrant wrote:
I just moved to DC myself (NW quadrant), and am searching for some group to play with. Not much of a wargamer, but most other genres are quite happy. Guess I'll be doing some research too.

T.

Oh so you did decide to move. Congrats. Hope you like you new job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrant wrote:
I just moved to DC myself (NW quadrant)

If you don't buy everything online, be sure to check out Child's Play (Connecticut Avenue just south of the MD border) whose owner is into games, carries a decent selection, and will order stuff for you.

I think that some of the GCOM folks have tried to get a regular game night going at the Chevy Chase Community Center but they may have given up by now. Talked with them a year ago and they were getting frustrated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Life is a Journey, Not a Destination
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

Thanks for the plug. Miss my gaming out west.

John,

Besides GCOM noted above, we have a group that meets at the Game Parlor in Chantilly on the first Saturday of every month (Sept 3 is the next meeting). Every type of game is played at the Game Parlor but the eurogamers come out in force on the first Saturday.

And in case you get this in time, I will be at the Game Parlor tonight (Aug 30th) to meet up with a BGGer traveling in town (Robert Martin). Feel free to join in.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Bockman
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to a couple of game days at the Game Parlors (one is in Chantilly and another is in Woodbridge), but with a 2 year old daughter, weekend time is precious and that's when they usually meet.

I'm looking for a group that wants to meet downtown on a weeknight after work. Does anyone know of such a group?

Thanks, all!

Kory...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I'm in Reston, and also looking for folks to play with. I like both Euros and wargames, and spend most of my time playing Carc and SoC with my wife and friends - social gaming - but am looking for a group to play the meatier stuff with. Collection is small, but growing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hooper
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bwt2q wrote:
I'm in Reston, and also looking for folks to play with. I like both Euros and wargames, and spend most of my time playing Carc and SoC with my wife and friends - social gaming - but am looking for a group to play the meatier stuff with. Collection is small, but growing.

Brian-

I also live in Reston and would be interested in some euro or light-to-intermediate wargaming. We've got a decent collection of both types of games. Drop me an email if interested and we'll see if we can arrange something.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls