10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Midwest

Subject: New FLGS: Gamer's Gauntlet in Clinton Twp, MI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Vinarcik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a new game store in Clinton Twp, MI. Gamer's Gauntlet (20564 Hall Road).

They've got a nice gaming area in the back (they host Magic and chess), and have their games/Magic supplies up front. It's a very nice facility and worth checking out.

I do want to point out that their inventory is a bit sparse at the moment (they've been open about a month) but it's worth dropping in to show some support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremiah a
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
That is some great news.

I went out to RIW in Livonia a few weeks ago, but that is just too far of a drive for me. Hopefully they will have a boardgame night.

jeremiah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Allen
United States
Madison Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's just hope they can run some kind of deals on games and not charge MSRP for everything. I want to support a FLGS, but the service and prices I get from Boards and Bits is very hard to beat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin wojciechowski
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm going to check it out. I am hoping they get in a good selection of Wargames. My only concern with discounts is I hope they do not do what Guild of Blades has done with the points system. I would rather see a traditional sale practice. GOB has a great selection of games but no space to play. If they had G.G's space they would be a rocking store for sure. If these guys plan right they will have the premiere store on the east side of Metro Detroit. X-fingers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm in Rochester Hills.. will stop by if I get out that way East.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This places rocks! I was driving home from work a couple of weeks ago, saw the sign and immediately looped back and checked it out. IT'S ONLY A MILE FROM MY HOUSE! (Sorry about the yelling but yes, I'm that excited).

They are just getting going but have tons and I mean tons of room. About as much as Pandemonium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremiah a
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
It is a very nice store. Lot's of space. It is nice to have a place like this on the east side...albeit a little north.

If anyone is heading over there and looking to start a game let me know, I want in.

jeremiah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is fantastic news. I am very excited to check this place out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looks cool. hopefully they will expand to open (euro) gaming. would be cool to play with some metro detroit geeks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremiah a
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
riddlen wrote:
looks cool. hopefully they will expand to open (euro) gaming. would be cool to play with some metro detroit geeks

They post events that are going on via Status Updates on Facebook. So, if you "like" them or whatever you'll see what events are going on. For the past two Saturday they have had "Open Gaming" starting at 1:00PM. I'm sure Euro gaming falls under that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls