Subject: Snakes & Lattes No-Ship Math Trade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
So, a question: I've posted this item, but I realize that it's a very small item. I'd actually feel bad if I got anything other than, essentially, another promo or such for it. There's no way to add it as "generic sweetener for any one of my games", is there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
g026r wrote:
There's no way to add it as "generic sweetener for any one of my games", is there?
Not as such. I guess you could only put small games,etc. on your want list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Thomas
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for organizing this Sarah,

But you should change the time to 3pm only. Once people see 5pm, they'll come at 5pm or maybe later. Waiting 2+ hours won't be fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlyn Paget
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This wasn't mentioned in the rules, so I'd like to confirm before posting.

Am I allowed to post an entry that gives the recipient a choice of games?

This is something that has previously been banned from TABScon MTs, but will be allowed in the next one: see discussion here.

I would like to post a lot of various low-value games, and offer that the recipient choose X of them to receive in the trade. (X will be 2 or 3, I haven't decided yet.) This is to avoid problems with game lots in that people are rarely interested in everything in the lot.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
g026r wrote:
So, a question: I've posted this item, but I realize that it's a very small item. I'd actually feel bad if I got anything other than, essentially, another promo or such for it. There's no way to add it as "generic sweetener for any one of my games", is there?
Don't feel bad about it. Once or twice I've traded a full game for a promo I wanted because I wanted the game off my damn shelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I have traded a promo for a game in the past (once even with mightygodking actually) so I'd say just leave it and be reasonable with your request and you might be pleasantly surprised!

Also for a request, I'd love to replace the copy of HeroQuest that my mother seems to have gotten rid of .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
I have traded a promo for a game in the past (once even with mightygodking actually) so I'd say just leave it and be reasonable with your request and you might be pleasantly surprised!
On a related note, I went in with a copy of Carcassonne: The Castle and left with 8 seasons of stargate once. I love math trades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlyn Paget
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
more requests....

Lost Cities (ideally the card game, but maybe the board game, or Keltis)
Dominion expansions
Notre Dame
Zombie Dice (or maybe Martian Dice)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's optimistic, but I'd love to see a copy of Blue Moon, Planet Steam, Java, Grand Cru, or Enemy Chocolatier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also consider going for a copy of.
Race for the Galaxy: The Brink of War

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Moore
Canada
East York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went click crazy and copied forward a few games that traded in the last math trade. Just an FYI. Obviously I won't be submitting want lists for them but should I blank out the entries too or just leave them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe just cross them out and do the Item removed thing so that we don't waste our time with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, changing them to "Outside the Scope..." and noting that they're removed is appreciated.

As long as you don't submit want lists, no real harm done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, still nothing I'm desperate to get on to my shelf has been listed yet, and I am trying to stay away from trading for "might as well" games, since I rarely get around to playing them. Though, there are a lot of games I want to see go OFF my shelf, so that might motivate me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
Sadly, still nothing I'm desperate to get on to my shelf has been listed yet, and I am trying to stay away from trading for "might as well" games, since I rarely get around to playing them. Though, there are a lot of games I want to see go OFF my shelf, so that might motivate me!
Take it from me, just get rid of it if you can. If you aren't playing it now, you aren't playing it in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sara, quick question. Is Snakes and Lattes fine with patrons selling games to one another?

I ask because if there are some games that I can't trade, I would prefer selling them. I'm actually thinking of putting a separate classifieds-type geeklist after this one is done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, we don't allow it but in general, we also discourage people from bringing their own games into the cafe for any reason because of the chance of it causing confusion. There is obviously an exception for this event, but the area for the trade will be marked off and separated from the normal customer area so you are welcome to sell games at that same time as long as it doesn't interfere with the trade itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
It's optimistic, but I'd love to see a copy of Blue Moon, Planet Steam, Java, Grand Cru, or Enemy Chocolatier.
tathta wrote:
more requests....

Lost Cities (ideally the card game, but maybe the board game, or Keltis)
Dominion expansions
Notre Dame
Zombie Dice (or maybe Martian Dice)
I just posted both Keltis and Blue Moon with two expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gee
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have to say, this trade list has a serious diversity of games, everything from cheap obscure things to expensive obscure things! Nice job cleaning out the closets everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fullerton
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This may be a stupid question but this is my first math trade. when it comes to listing my wants do I chose one game for each items I'm offering for trade.

for example would I say

I would trade Red November for The Dwarf King

or can I say

I would trade Red November for The Dwarf King or Jambo or Fealty.

??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nathan, check out this geeklist if you haven't already: How to use the OLWLG

In particular, you're at about step 4 in the list. To answer your immediate question, you can offer as many games as you like for any particular game on the list, and you can offer any of your games for any number of games listed in the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 15 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Video Game Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: Extended Stats user
Am I supposed to add my wants first before duplicate protection gets configured? I have a feeling I'm doing it out of order since the screenshots don't quite match.

Edit: Finally figured it out. This is one of the most convoluted websites ever. You do need to do the wants and then on the "duplicate protection" box link (why a box when everything else uses icons?) a mini-table will be present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fullerton
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey big thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 15 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Video Game Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: Extended Stats user
SaraCV wrote:

Want Lists Due: Tuesday, January 17th at 8pm
Submitted and waiting as all the help sites say I should

What is the process to notify if there have been matches? Will there be a central list posted somewhere publicly of games "wanted" that we will bring or will the program message individuals? All the guide seems to be a little fuzzy on this last step of finding out the results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One more thing which I have seen happen in the past:

When you are done editing your want list, there is a button at the bottom of the page that says "Confirm Changes". Go ahead and click that, but that will NOT submit your list! There is a button at the top of the page, highlighted in dark green, which says "Submit your lists here!". You will not get any trades if you do not click on that button! And if you make any changes before the window closes, you must submit again!

Quote:
What is the process to notify if there have been matches? Will there be a central list posted somewhere publicly of games "wanted" that we will bring or will the program message individuals? All the guide seems to be a little fuzzy on this last step of finding out the results.
Once SaraCV has the trades, they will be posted in the first comment in this thread (which currently says "Reserved"). There will likely be a big ugly block of text, and then each individual's trades will be listed at the bottom, telling you what you are giving and to whom, and what you are getting and from whom. There are also other tools on the OLWLG site that might be interesting, like which games people were willing to trade for your games, which items were most wanted, and the size of all the trade loops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |