Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: Game Group OrganizerMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Crayon Rails series fanMicrobadge: Yucata.de player
Matthew - your lists are submitted so if you don't want to make changes, you're done and just need to check back Tues night to see what trades as described above. You can still change your want list if you desire, but you will have to resubmit it after any changes. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 15 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Video Game Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: Extended Stats user
Thanks for the support and all the organization. It's a little difficult being on this end of the process, I was reading a bit about managing it and I do not envy your position in managing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
Microbadge: Podcast listenerMicrobadge: Toronto Blue Jays fanMicrobadge: Baha'iMicrobadge: Civil EngineerMicrobadge: I ride my bike to work.
Just to make sure. I can put my gift certificate up against another gift certificate as long as it's a lower value right (i.e. with sweeteners) but I can't put it against a higher value (sweeteners or not). Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tai lieu
Canada
flag msg tools
I was looking for a game on the trade but it comes with an additional game and I realize my trade is not equal in value. So can I add an additional sweeteners for the trade to make it equal?
Or am I too late since submission date is on Saturday?
If I can add a sweetener would I include a comment under the item with a sweetener since I can't edit the original item?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Plays Games At LunchMicrobadge: Splendor fanMicrobadge: Toronto Maple Leafs fanMicrobadge: Sagrada fanMicrobadge: Toronto Blue Jays fan
For finding out the results, there will actually be a "Results" link for the trade in the OLWLG, once Sara finishes up calculating the results, and it's a nice, organized summary that tells you what you have to give to who, and what you're getting back (and from who).

To taileiu: Don't worry too much about specific retail values. There's a bit of subjectivity in the way these trades work. Put the game that you want on your want list. If you get it, chances are the other person will not be getting your game, but another person's game, in a big "everyone pass your game one to the left" sort of deal.

That being said, while it is, technically, too late to add something to your official entry, I suppose there's nothing stopping you from posting a comment to the effect that "I will also give X to whoever gets this game" - but since a number of people have already submitted their lists, and some of the rest will likely not notice your comment, I don't know how much it would affect how many people will add your game to their want list, which is really what would make a difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karlyn Singh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Secret of Mana fanMicrobadge: Secret of Mana fanMicrobadge: Secret of Mana fanMicrobadge: Secret of Mana fanMicrobadge: Secret of Mana fan
Hey guys,
I've added my wants but the add buttons are still there; no green check mark. All the games are showing up when I click on the "edit your wants" button, so I assume everything is okay. Just want to make sure though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Goddard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 15 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Video Game Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: Extended Stats user
Kuolema wrote:
Hey guys,
I've added my wants but the add buttons are still there; no green check mark. All the games are showing up when I click on the "edit your wants" button, so I assume everything is okay. Just want to make sure though.
On the page http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/viewlist.cgi?listid=99418&... you should see a green check box instead of the square (Add) button.

For the games that you have successfully saved then on the chart page you should see rows added http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/mywants.cgi?listid=99418. This was the problem I was having originally seeing no rows but once I started adding they started to appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karlyn Singh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Secret of Mana fanMicrobadge: Secret of Mana fanMicrobadge: Secret of Mana fanMicrobadge: Secret of Mana fanMicrobadge: Secret of Mana fan
Okay, everything's good now. The check marks took like 15 minutes to appear...maybe I needed to refresh the page?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
Microbadge: WBC attendeeMicrobadge: Santa Fe fanMicrobadge: Splendor fanMicrobadge: Vegas Showdown fanMicrobadge: Competitive Gamer - I play to win!
So, I've just realized that I can't get to the cafe until 3:45-4ish on the day of the trade.

Is that still cool? I'm still a little confused about the 2 hour window.

Thanks,

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I use Board Game Stats to log my gamesMicrobadge: Game Group OrganizerMicrobadge: EurogamerMicrobadge: Crayon Rails series fanMicrobadge: Yucata.de player
I expect everyone to show up as close to 3pm as possible as a courtesy to other people in the trade. If you can get there around 4pm, that will be fine. Anyone arriving after 5pm will be required to deliver or ship their games to the recipients.

If you don't think you'll arrive on time, you can drop games off at the cafe before Saturday. Just mark the games with your name, the person receiving it and the item number in the trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
Microbadge: Podcast listenerMicrobadge: Toronto Blue Jays fanMicrobadge: Baha'iMicrobadge: Civil EngineerMicrobadge: I ride my bike to work.
Looking forward to the results of this trade. Hoping to get a couple trades. Just under 60% submitted. Let's go everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
Microbadge: WBC attendeeMicrobadge: Santa Fe fanMicrobadge: Splendor fanMicrobadge: Vegas Showdown fanMicrobadge: Competitive Gamer - I play to win!
Another quick question:

Is the cafe kid-friendly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Iradian
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: I speak Canadian, eh...Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Hamburger lover
ardrummo wrote:
Another quick question:

I don't speak for Snakes and Latte, but yes it is. Lots of Hasbro kids games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ardrummo wrote:
Another quick question:

Definitely. We have a full section of childrens games, including some great Haba games, available for younger children, along with a lot of the classics we all grew up with. I often see children come to play games with their parents, especially during the day, and have even seen infants a small handful of times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Andrew - definitely!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I really have trouble not adding games I love but already own to my want list. Duncan has to keep reminding me that I don't actually need a 2nd copy of Dungeon Lords and Factory Fun at home! Am I alone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SaraCV wrote:
I really have trouble not adding games I love but already own to my want list. Duncan has to keep reminding me that I don't actually need a 2nd copy of Dungeon Lords and Factory Fun at home! Am I alone?
yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SaraCV wrote:
'Epic' Factory Fun I can see--barely. But how in the world would you combine two copies of Dungeon Lords?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
SaraCV wrote:
My real problem is not trading away games that I like just to get something "new".

I may have trader's regret in a few weeks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm trying my hardest not to spend the next 9 hours constantly re-making and re-submitting my "wants" list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Tails fanMicrobadge: Donatello - The Turtles' Creative GeniusMicrobadge: Chrono Trigger fanMicrobadge: Final Fantasy Tactics fanMicrobadge: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door fan
For anyone new to math trading, some advice: Whatever trades you wind up with, remember that you agreed that you'd be happy with them! If you feel like you got a bad trade, remember that it's only because you clicked the box that says you think it's a good trade.

Furthering that, remember that the trade optimizes the number of trades, which often means that for any one of your games that you are trading away, you will likely get the trade that you wanted the least. Make sure that if you get the worst possible trade for each of your games, you'll still be happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
I always have traders regret.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
79%
Almost there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mgoddard wrote:
Thanks for the support and all the organization. It's a little difficult being on this end of the process, I was reading a bit about managing it and I do not envy your position in managing it!
Agreed wholeheartedly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
Yes. Another big thanks to Sara. Excited for the results (just going through edit #5 of my want list )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] |