Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Spear
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone recommend any local game stores north of Seattle?

The only store actually north of Seattle that I am aware of is Fantastic Games and Toys in Lynnwood.

I know of a few in Seattle and on the east side(where I work)like Gary's Games and Games and Gizmos but would prefer something closer to where I live(Everett).

I searched using some obvious criteria prior to posting this just in case someone had asked this before but didn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Powers
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Christian, Boards & Bits has a warehouse in Woodinville. You can place your order online at www.boardsandbits.com and pick the games up in person.

Also, Cardhaus.com has a new store in Lynnwood. You can order either online or in person at Cardhaus (IIRC).

Tom

(PS. In the interest of full disclosure, I am the owner of Boards & Bits)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
There's an actual 'Gamestore' in Woodinville as well, although I don't have the '411' on this. YOU can look this up in the ''Yellow Pages'' or some other means to find out just WHERE it's at! Also, I believe that ''Cardhaus'' is actually located around the 'interchange' of I-5 & 405(just underneath that!), while you will want to find a 'way' to there. Good Luck on this also.
laugh

P.S.-'Luckier' YOU! Here's a LINK to the ''Cardhaus'' location:
http://www.cardhaus.com/cgi-local/shop3.pl/SID=4739440877109...

Tell 'em that ''GROGnads'' sent you! Hey, I 'need' the ''brownie points''!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, I'm glad I stumbled across this information! I'm stuck out in the woods near Snohomish (by choice, of course) and it's difficult to find games OR gamers out here. I typically buy stuff online, and when I play, it's with folks from Seattle. Woodinville...hmmmm... pick up in person to save shipping? Man, this could be real dangerous...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Spear
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the great suggestions, I work in Bothell/Woodinville area so I will definately be checking these out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Looking for local gaming stores north of King County/Sea
Dudes! I live near Lake Stevens (right next to Hwy 204.). On Mukilteo Speedway, about a mile from Hwy 99, is an Albertson's Shopping center. There's a store there called Phoenix Games. Not very big (it just opened), but they have a nice selection. Can't remember the owner's name, but he's a nice guy and will order if he can. Give him the Biz! (And no, I'm not connected with the store in any way!)

UPDATE: He's moved north of the described location, about 1/2 a mile. Now, he's on the east side of Mukilteo Speedway, next to the McDonalds. He has a good selection of games, and he has gaming nights as well. And no, I still can't remember his name. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Fritz
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second the suggestion from berserkley. I found Phoenix online and went looking for it a couple weeks ago. It wasn't the easiest place to find (no sign out front), but it's a cool li'l place. Not a huge selection, but certainly decent, and the owner's a good guy and loves talkin' games. Both times I have been since, there has been a game running on the front table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Spear
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very cool, I plan on checking out the Mukilteo store as well.

I drive right by that Albertsons on my way home from work and have never seen it.

Since I see so many asking about stores in their area, it would be great to suggest a 'local store finder' feature on this site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Briggs
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
there is also Java Zone across from the alderwood mall with discounted games, javazonegiftsandpuzzles.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lane Taylor
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming tonight at Phoenix games in Mukilteo!

There's also a Snohomish county boardgame group on meetup.com that has a game night ~every other week, usually on a saturday evening, or sunday (sundays, we usually start a bit earlier).

Phoenix games is one light North of the Albertson's, and on the other side of the street. It's just N of the McDonald's there, caddycorner from the B of A. (If that doesn't give you enough info to find it, hire a cab.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cuthbertson
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
javapuzzles wrote:
there is also Java Zone across from the alderwood mall with discounted games, javazonegiftsandpuzzles.com

Was just in here the first time yesterday and what a great shop! Awesome hotdogs too. Java Zone fills the spot that Cardhaus left; providing online prices at a retail location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls