Subject: Recommend Game Stores in Vienna and Rome? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff M
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
The key to the treasure is the treasure.
I'll be heading to Vienna and Rome in the near future. If possible, I'd like to look for games that are hard-to-find or expensive in the States.

Can anyone recommend any game stores in these cities that have a good selection and good prices?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ákos Tasnádi
Hungary
Budapest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About two years ago we bought a lot of games in Vienna. But they are way to expensive! (Caution! Import (english languaged) games are very expensive!)

Anyway, the big shopping street in Vienna is Mariahilferstrasse, and there are three gamestores in its vicinity.

Spielerai: Most recommended. Nice shop, nice people (not-so-nice prices). You can order at www.spielerei.at in advance, and then pick them up in the store. Mariahilferstrasse 88a, not far from the station.

Damage Unlimited: RPGs and cards, miniatures - and boardgames. A lot of wargames. Theobaldgasse 20, you can see from Mariahilfenstr. See www.damageonline.com

Planet Henry: I was never there, but it's close to Spilerere, and they said there was some boardgames, too. Otto-Bauer-Gasse 19/1, www.planetharry.at

But as I said, it was two years ago - now we are in the EU, so there is no custom when you order something from Germany (God bless the German online shops!), and there are even two online gameshop here in Hungary now .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Ho Pwee
Singapore
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this thread for info on game stores in Rome.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea...

I would recommend Strategia e Tattica as being easy to reach and the Cita del Sole branches were helpful when I was trying to locate a specific item.

Price-wise, I found games fairly expensive. Amazingly, DaVinci games were more expensive in Rome than back home in Singapore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls