Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
So here I was, on holiday in New York, coming from a part of the UK where there is a dearth (sp?) of real games shops.... I stepped out of the hotel with my wife on the first day, to walk round the corner to the Empire State Building (we were in a hotel on East 32nd St), .... and I spotted a Game Shop!!!! It was an Aladdin's Cave of stuff I wanted and drooled over, and coveted, and desired, and needed.

My wife thought I had done this deliberately ...sigh...

I still spent a pleasent half hour browsing - with my wife sat on a step giving me the evil eye all the time

The Empire State Building was ok too.

DW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
dwrigley wrote:
So here I was, on holiday in New York, coming from a part of the UK where there is a dearth (sp?) of real games shops.... I stepped out of the hotel with my wife on the first day, to walk round the corner to the Empire State Building (we were in a hotel on East 32nd St), .... and I spotted a Game Shop!!!! It was an Aladdin's Cave of stuff I wanted and drooled over, and coveted, and desired, and needed.

My wife thought I had done this deliberately ...sigh...

I still spent a pleasent half hour browsing - with my wife sat on a step giving me the evil eye all the time

The Empire State Building was ok too.

DW

And if you'd walked in the other direction on the same street (between 5th and 6th Avenue), you'd have found one of the city's 3 largest comic book stores as well (JIM HANLEY'S UNIVERSE).

And it reeally was a spot of luck - the Strategist, Neutral Ground on 26th between 6th and 7th Avenue, and the 2 Warhammer shops are essentially ALL THE GAME STORES IN NYC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls