BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Northeast

Subject: Game Store in CT rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
will Brinn
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
A friend of my runs a game shop in torrington CT and I just wanted to promote it a little not sure if this the right spot to do so. I just want help them in anyway possible since gaming shops are such a rarity. Also this store actually has tons of tables for playing. They got regular magic tournaments yugi-oh and warhammer you can check them out on facebook, thats a great spot to arrange pickup games, thier website doesnt appear to working at the moment. Ill provide the info below, and if anyone has more info on forums to promote on or ideas to spread the love I'd appreciate it. We need to keep these stores alive before they become relics.

Batteries Not Included
636 Migeon Avenue, Torrington, CT 06790
Formerly Card EmpireThe Howie's look foward to seeing you!
Phone
(860) 618-5354
Website
http://www.bnigames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FB link would be useful.

A schedule of events would be useful.

A person going for open boardgaming could be very discouraged to deal with the Yugioh hordes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
will Brinn
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Heres the Facebook link

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Batteries-Not-Included/2285852...

They actually have a separate room for miniatures gaming I dont know the schedules off hand Ill have to find so people can avoid card tournaments but there a generally enough tables that its not a concern

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chickie L

New Hartford
Connecticut
msg tools
I've been in there several times looking for games, but they really don't have much of a Eurogame-type selection. I'm always disappointed, because I'd much rather do business with a FLGS than Amazon, but it's a bit of a hike to get there due to the traffic lights through Torrington.

Everyone, call and ask for Eurogames frequently, and maybe they'll start carrying some!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Husted
United States
East Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh! I live in E. Hartford, but that would take me 54 minutes one way.

35.8 mi, 54 mins CT-4 W and about 2 gallons of gas round trip for >$7 just to visit.

No offense but The Time Machine in Manchester is only 6 miles away, with 14 minutes of travel and 1/2 of a gallon of gas round trip to visit.

If I am ever already over in that neighborhood, I would most likely stop by.
BTW...it's a really cool thing to try an help your friend.meeple

CT is just very travel unfriendly depending on where you are going. I can be all the way to New Haven faster than I could get to your friend's store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls