Subject: Games stores in Houston rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam V.
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'm going to Houston for a day next week -- does anyone know if there are good game stores around there? I've never been before. I'll be in the downtown area but will only have a couple of hours of downtime. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nan's Games
2011 Southwest Fwy
Houston, TX 77098-4805  
(713) 520-8700

They have a nice selection of everything, and probably your best bet. Southwest Fwy will be Highway 59 on a map. Good luck and have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Boykin
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there a Midnight Games on the same street (opposite side, few blocks away)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight Comics & Games
13711 Westheimer, Suite Q
Houston, TX 77077
281-293-0226
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Derscheid
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight is WAY the heck out on Westheimer. Great folks, but if you're there mid-day, you'll have to drive and drive and drive (and drive and drive and drive back).

Nan's does have a lot of games. Dragon's Breath is also in the area:

2111 Richmond Ave
Houston
TX 77098

Phone: 713-526-2200

(information courtesy of the Houston Gamers store locator.. thanks, Ray!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally recommend Midnight Comics (already mentioned). The employees are fantastic and they have excellent gaming space upstairs!

You may also want to look up Comics, cards and collectibles (sp?) where the houstongamers meet. They have a nice selection, and you may even be able to get an autograph from one of the local celebs on their game. The owner has good days and bad days, but he's never been rude to me.

Nans is okay. They have a very good selection, but they tend to price at MSRP or slightly higher sometimes. They do have some out of print items in stock, but they have less and less every year. The owners and employees are kind of jerks, though.

Horizon Games is also another good store with locations north of town and another in Clear Lake near NASA (it's on Eldorado, about two or three exits before Nasa Road 1 on I-45). The employees are fantastic, the store is very clean, and they have "VERY NICE BATHROOMS"(TM).

Alpha Centauri Books and Games (on West Little York right off of Beltway 8) is a nice little store. They don't have a broad selection, but the owner is very pleasant and willing to work with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam V.
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I made it out to Nan's and thought the store was great. Bigger than anything we have in Phoenix. Of course, I spent more than I wanted to. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls