Popular Tags: [View All]
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
ParisPink wrote:
Gswp wrote:
The only issue is that I was born in '91 and so don't actually have any memories of the 80ies, when the game was set. blush I guess it's technically for people who want to relive their childhood in a nostalgic but weird roleplaying game?

LOL I did not realize you were so young! I was born in '74 and loved the 80s. That said I could never get a proper teach of Android:Netrunner so sold my copy.
Haha! I'm currently in the final year of my PhD, so I'm even still at uni! (Although undergrad feels very long ago, and the undergrads themselves all look like children. And I now teach them.)

Android: Netrunner soon releases its revised core set, so you could try again!
My partner and I learned the game together. But I guess if you don't either have somebody to teach you, or somebody to learn with together, it's not such a good game to get into. It's really something that rewards repeated plays.

I knew you were working on your PhD but I still thought you were older for some reason. I think as I age, online friends age with me and I start to just assume everyone online is the same age as me. hah

I am super deep in AHLCG so I don't think I could get into another LCG that has a lot of expansions/packs released regularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True, you can do a PhD at any age. In our department, most people are my age, but in the social sciences, it seems vastly more common to go into your PhD with a varying number of years of work experience.
One of my close friends who does a PhD in politics is in her 30ies, and I know a law PhD student in her 50ies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
I knew you were working on your PhD but I still thought you were older for some reason. I think as I age, online friends age with me and I start to just assume everyone online is the same age as me. hah
I was surprised as well; I think I do the same thing and just assume everyone was born in the mid-80s unless suggested otherwise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Goode
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
ParisPink wrote:
I was surprised as well; I think I do the same thing and just assume everyone was born in the mid-80s unless suggested otherwise

Me too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Irgendwer wrote:

How did you like the DW RPG? I haven't read that much of the book yet. Still waiting on the pdf version.

It's not bad but I'm not a fan of learning system after system. It does have a few nice things in it. My personal favorite is the action order in which talkers goes first, then I think runners, then I think doers (who for instance make something) and as last the people who fight. That is so fitting for DW. It also uses degrees of success, but I never been a big fan of that because I think that that is hard for a GM to make up things all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tulip Bubble and Caverna: Cave vs Cave came today. I enjoy Caverna but my husband does not, mostly due to length. Hoping the quicker play time of Cave vs Cave will win him over. hah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a whole box of goodies today, most of them related to Essen:
Ex Libris
Altiplano
Transatlantic
Lorenzo il Magnifico: Houses of Renaissance
Concordia: Aegyptus / Creta
Terraforming Mars: Venus Next + promo cards
Shadows in Kyoto
Claim
Orléans: Neue Ortskarten N°5

Since we couldn’t go to Essen this year, I felt justified in spending some money (that would get spent on the journey and accommodation otherwise) on games

Still waiting for Azul and Marco Polo expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ran Carnelaine
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aniaga wrote:
Ex Libris
Altiplano
Transatlantic
Shadows in Kyoto
Claim

Since we couldn’t go to Essen this year, I felt justified in spending some money (that would get spent on the journey and accommodation otherwise) on games

Ooh, such a spectacular haul! Most curious about Altiplano from your list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
aniaga wrote:
Ex Libris
Altiplano
Transatlantic
Shadows in Kyoto
Claim

OMG, you just made me think of how many games I could get if I applied the full cost of attending Essen to just buying games. I could more than double my collection!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say, if we didn't live so close to Essen (a little under 1.5 hrs of driving) I would rather invest the money in new games than all the travel and accommodation expenses! We just go for one day and drive. Next year, we might do two days, but we will still probably drive home to cuddle with our cats and sleep in our own bed, then drive back the next day. Makes it easy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
Tulip Bubble and Caverna: Cave vs Cave came today. I enjoy Caverna but my husband does not, mostly due to length. Hoping the quicker play time of Cave vs Cave will win him over. hah

Hope you enjoy Tulip Bubble!
We also bought Cave vs Cave for the same reason, but haven't had time to try it out yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aniaga wrote:
Ex Libris
Altiplano
Transatlantic
Shadows in Kyoto
Claim

Nice buys, Agnieszka!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:
I will say, if we didn't live so close to Essen (a little under 1.5 hrs of driving) I would rather invest the money in new games than all the travel and accommodation expenses! We just go for one day and drive. Next year, we might do two days, but we will still probably drive home to cuddle with our cats and sleep in our own bed, then drive back the next day. Makes it easy!

Understandable I wish I lived 1.5h of driving from Essen! The experience is unforgettable and still you're able to get many things that are not available in shops. And back home to kitty cuddles in the evening? WIN-WIN laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PerpetualFX wrote:

OMG, you just made me think of how many games I could get if I applied the full cost of attending Essen to just buying games. I could more than double my collection!!!

Well, you know, any excuse to spend money on board games is enough for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Melancholie wrote:
aniaga wrote:
Ex Libris
Altiplano
Transatlantic
Shadows in Kyoto
Claim

Ooh, such a spectacular haul! Most curious about Altiplano from your list.

I'm curious about it, too, Lena. I love Orleans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:

Nice buys, Agnieszka!

Thanks Petra!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:
ParisPink wrote:

Hope you enjoy Tulip Bubble!
We also bought Cave vs Cave for the same reason, but haven't had time to try it out yet.

I’m thinking about trying a solo game of cave vs cave today. I was going to ask Owen to play last night but he ended up having to work late. . The girls are coming on friday for our birthday weekly gaming so Tulip Bubble might make it to the table. 🤞

Edit: I opened TB up and the components are super high quality! The artwork is even prettier in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
I received a surprise box in the mail for demoing 10 games at a convention. It was like Christmas when i opened it! Inside i received:

Defenders of the Realm: Hero Expansion #5
Defenders of the Realm: Winds of War
Florenza

I'm super excited! I am closer to owning all of the Defenders of the Realm expansions now! Also, Florenza looks interesting. I can't wait to learn how to play it.

Demoing 10 games sounds exhausting! Nice fortitude, Caysi. thumbsup What an awesome surprise for your hard work. Enjoy.

aniaga wrote:
Ex Libris
Altiplano
Transatlantic
Shadows in Kyoto
Claim

Great picks, Aggie! That's something of a dream haul for me, since a whole lot of the games you mentioned are games I want to pick up myself ASAP. I also just ordered Ex Libris since I saw it on a sale on Amazon (will be a Christmas present for Tyler if I can hold out until then). If Transatlantic or the new Concordia maps get published here before Christmas, those will also be added to his Christmas gifts (Concordia is his favorite game ever, and he doesn't know about the new maps yet, so that would be an awesome surprise).

We'll definitely be picking up the new Fields of Arle, Lorenzo, and Marco Polo expansions (all published by Z-Man over here), but last I checked they aren't due out until next year =[. Shadows in Kyoto and Azul I'll end up nabbing as soon as I get a chance. So, suffice to say, I'll be awaiting your impressions of any of your pick-ups with bated breath . Enjoy your haul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xelissa wrote:
I also just ordered Ex Libris since I saw it on a sale on Amazon (will be a Christmas present for Tyler if I can hold out until then).
Oh gosh, that is so tempting and I've got a bunch of Amazon credit whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
xelissa wrote:
I also just ordered Ex Libris since I saw it on a sale on Amazon (will be a Christmas present for Tyler if I can hold out until then).
...and I bought it whistle now to decide if it will be a xmas present laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased a very hard to find grail of mine from a fellow BGGer, sad they felt the need to sell but happy I was able to nab it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:
I recently purchased a very hard to find grail of mine from a fellow BGGer, sad they felt the need to sell but happy I was able to nab it.

What was the game?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
flaeryn wrote:
xelissa wrote:
...and I bought it whistle now to decide if it will be a xmas present laugh

These posts about the game made me research it, and now I want it, too! Haha

I say open it now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Semijawa
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PerpetualFX wrote:
aniaga wrote:
Ex Libris
Altiplano
Transatlantic
Shadows in Kyoto
Claim

That reasoning wouldn't get me much. I payed 55.40€ to attend Spiel (4 day pass plus 8 tickets to go to Essen and back (Zusatzticket)) and that is even more than the year prior since I changed my monthly train pass and had to buy 8 instead of 2 Zusatztickts.

If I didn't live so close I probably also would make it each year to the fair. Hopefully, I have more time next year for my Essen-prep. This year it was again very last-minute and completly missed Atiplano which otherwise would have been a must buy. Well, not it's at the top of my wishlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:

You are killing me... what game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  512 , 513 , 514 , 515 , 516  Next »  [521] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.