Recommend
138 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12992 Posts
[1]  Prev «  513 , 514 , 515 , 516 , 517  Next »  [520] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: women - games you just bought/recieved ? comments ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja
1 Family Meeple wrote:
lorna wrote:
I recently purchased a very hard to find grail of mine from a fellow BGGer, sad they felt the need to sell but happy I was able to nab it.


You are killing me... what game?
not something that most people would be interested in...Harvest There is some mystery surrounding it’s origins
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:
ninja
1 Family Meeple wrote:
lorna wrote:
I recently purchased a very hard to find grail of mine from a fellow BGGer, sad they felt the need to sell but happy I was able to nab it.


You are killing me... what game?
not something that most people would be interested in...Harvest There is some mystery surrounding it’s origins


Wow, Lorna, it must have been very hard to get - only 10 owners listed on BGG surprise

Congratulations on getting your grail game!
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aniaga wrote:
lorna wrote:
ninja
1 Family Meeple wrote:
lorna wrote:
I recently purchased a very hard to find grail of mine from a fellow BGGer, sad they felt the need to sell but happy I was able to nab it.


You are killing me... what game?
not something that most people would be interested in...Harvest There is some mystery surrounding it’s origins


Wow, Lorna, it must have been very hard to get - only 10 owners listed on BGG surprise

Congratulations on getting your grail game!


THAT IS AWESOME
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agnieszka
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xelissa wrote:

Great picks, Aggie! That's something of a dream haul for me, since a whole lot of the games you mentioned are games I want to pick up myself ASAP. I also just ordered Ex Libris since I saw it on a sale on Amazon (will be a Christmas present for Tyler if I can hold out until then). If Transatlantic or the new Concordia maps get published here before Christmas, those will also be added to his Christmas gifts (Concordia is his favorite game ever, and he doesn't know about the new maps yet, so that would be an awesome surprise).

We'll definitely be picking up the new Fields of Arle, Lorenzo, and Marco Polo expansions (all published by Z-Man over here), but last I checked they aren't due out until next year =[. Shadows in Kyoto and Azul I'll end up nabbing as soon as I get a chance. So, suffice to say, I'll be awaiting your impressions of any of your pick-ups with bated breath . Enjoy your haul.


Thanks Tally! It’s good that I have you on my geekbuddy list since we apparently have a similar taste in games I love Concordia and I’m very curious about Transatlantic as it’s also from Mac Gerdts.

I hope to play something from the list this weekend
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Family Meeple wrote:
aniaga wrote:
lorna wrote:
ninja
1 Family Meeple wrote:
lorna wrote:
I recently purchased a very hard to find grail of mine from a fellow BGGer, sad they felt the need to sell but happy I was able to nab it.


You are killing me... what game?
not something that most people would be interested in...Harvest There is some mystery surrounding it’s origins


Wow, Lorna, it must have been very hard to get - only 10 owners listed on BGG surprise

Congratulations on getting your grail game!


THAT IS AWESOME

Fascinating... I'm often curious about Asian games as I don't think there's that much overlap between them and EU/US games. You must tell us more about this game now that you're one of the few proud BGG owners
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
it's
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
This means play black time!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:
ninja
1 Family Meeple wrote:
lorna wrote:
I recently purchased a very hard to find grail of mine from a fellow BGGer, sad they felt the need to sell but happy I was able to nab it.


You are killing me... what game?
not something that most people would be interested in...Harvest There is some mystery surrounding it’s origins

Congrats on getting your grail game!
meeple
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
More happy news my copy of Azul is on its way!
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
esed wrote:
Managed to get Ra: The Dice Game for a very fair price and in perfect condition. I am so, so happy!


This was one of the first euros we picked up and we will always have a soft spot for it.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:
More happy news my copy of Azul is on its way!


Lucky you! I got all excited and checked coolstuff but they still don't have it apparently. Azul is holding up Ex Libris so double whammy!
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
ParisPink wrote:
I knew you were working on your PhD but I still thought you were older for some reason. I think as I age, online friends age with me and I start to just assume everyone online is the same age as me. hah
I was surprised as well; I think I do the same thing and just assume everyone was born in the mid-80s unless suggested otherwise


Maybe everyone does it, because so do I. Unfortunately that puts all you poor souls into your 60's!
18 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night i picked up my G4GG win Ars Alchimia. The guy who owned the game happened to live just across the river in Cincinnati (literally a 5 minute walk for me to cross the river to Ohio). Because we were so close, he invited me to his boardgame group meet up titled "Beer and Boardgames" that meets weekly at the Moerlein Tap Room. I had no idea something this cool actually existed. So i took a game and taught some people how to play while other games were happening all around us. Also, if we show up next week, we were invited to tour the brewery for free! So cool! I kinda feel like i hit the jackpot on this G4GG win.
20 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
Last night i picked up my G4GG win Ars Alchimia. The guy who owned the game happened to live just across the river in Cincinnati (literally a 5 minute walk for me to cross the river to Ohio). Because we were so close, he invited me to his boardgame group meet up titled "Beer and Boardgames" that meets weekly at the Moerlein Tap Room. I had no idea something this cool actually existed. So i took a game and taught some people how to play while other games were happening all around us. Also, if we show up next week, we were invited to tour the brewery for free! So cool! I kinda feel like i hit the jackpot on this G4GG win.

Wow, that sounds really nice. Hope you have time to attend next week, sounds like a cool place.
The game also looks cool, hope you'll share your thought about it later.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mamadallama wrote:
lorna wrote:
More happy news my copy of Azul is on its way!


Lucky you! I got all excited and checked coolstuff but they still don't have it apparently. Azul is holding up Ex Libris so double whammy!


I made the mistake of checking out Ex-Libris after hearing all the buzz...and now I kind of want it. And Azul. And other games, I'm sure. And yet I just got several at Essen through purchases and trades. SO MANY INTERESTING GAMES I WANT, SO LITTLE TIME...and shelf space...
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:
Mamadallama wrote:
lorna wrote:
More happy news my copy of Azul is on its way!


Lucky you! I got all excited and checked coolstuff but they still don't have it apparently. Azul is holding up Ex Libris so double whammy!


I made the mistake of checking out Ex-Libris after hearing all the buzz...and now I kind of want it. And Azul. And other games, I'm sure. And yet I just got several at Essen through purchases and trades. SO MANY INTERESTING GAMES I WANT, SO LITTLE TIME...and shelf space...

I feel you... I'm trying to keep myself from ordering more games by telling myself I recently started going to game nights and they have a huge collection there, so I should take advantage of it... maybe they'll even get the games I want... Ex Libris is so, so gorgeous though, it's hard to resist!
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tally C
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:
flaeryn wrote:
flaeryn wrote:
xelissa wrote:
I also just ordered Ex Libris since I saw it on a sale on Amazon (will be a Christmas present for Tyler if I can hold out until then).
Oh gosh, that is so tempting and I've got a bunch of Amazon credit whistle
...and I bought it whistle now to decide if it will be a xmas present laugh


These posts about the game made me research it, and now I want it, too! Haha

I say open it now!

Glad I could help! Or is it more like "I'm sorry"? laugh My copy arrived yesterday and I've already stashed it safely in the closet in my super secret present-hiding spot ninja.

Congrats on getting your grail game, lorna! That's so exciting!

I'm even more greatly anticipating your thoughts on Transatlantic now, Aggie, as I saw someone in my Instagram feed saying he was disappointed with it. I'm not too familiar with his tastes, though, so I have no idea as to how this compares to how Tyler and I would feel about it.

How awesome that you found a new gaming community, Caysi! Also, I really like Ars Alchimia! I think the system of treating your workers as a collective strength pool is a really cool idea that I'd love to see used in more games. Kuro is such an adventurous board game designer.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren3 wrote:
alicialaura wrote:
Mamadallama wrote:
lorna wrote:
More happy news my copy of Azul is on its way!


Lucky you! I got all excited and checked coolstuff but they still don't have it apparently. Azul is holding up Ex Libris so double whammy!


I made the mistake of checking out Ex-Libris after hearing all the buzz...and now I kind of want it. And Azul. And other games, I'm sure. And yet I just got several at Essen through purchases and trades. SO MANY INTERESTING GAMES I WANT, SO LITTLE TIME...and shelf space...

I feel you... I'm trying to keep myself from ordering more games by telling myself I recently started going to game nights and they have a huge collection there, so I should take advantage of it... maybe they'll even get the games I want... Ex Libris is so, so gorgeous though, it's hard to resist!

Haha yeah, and hanging out on BGG doesn't really help. laugh
I'm trying to tell myself that I can't buy any new games untill I've cut my unplayed pile down to half its size. (23 uplayed atm...) But the temptation is strong! laugh
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
Last night i picked up my G4GG win Ars Alchimia. The guy who owned the game happened to live just across the river in Cincinnati (literally a 5 minute walk for me to cross the river to Ohio). Because we were so close, he invited me to his boardgame group meet up titled "Beer and Boardgames" that meets weekly at the Moerlein Tap Room. I had no idea something this cool actually existed. So i took a game and taught some people how to play while other games were happening all around us. Also, if we show up next week, we were invited to tour the brewery for free! So cool! I kinda feel like i hit the jackpot on this G4GG win.
That's awesome! I was glad to see that you won that one

Paedra wrote:
Haha yeah, and hanging out on BGG doesn't really help. laugh
I'm trying to tell myself that I can't buy any new games untill I've cut my unplayed pile down to half its size. (23 uplayed atm...) But the temptation is strong! laugh
IKR? I get my unplayed down and it goes right back up to where it was. It's like I'm just treading water laugh
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caysi McQuillan
United States
Newport
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars" - unknown
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:

I'm trying to tell myself that I can't buy any new games untill I've cut my unplayed pile down to half its size. (23 uplayed atm...) But the temptation is strong! laugh


So, is it a bad thing that i purposely don't count my unplayed games? I'm afraid to know how high that number actually is.
16 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
Last night i picked up my G4GG win Ars Alchimia. The guy who owned the game happened to live just across the river in Cincinnati (literally a 5 minute walk for me to cross the river to Ohio). Because we were so close, he invited me to his boardgame group meet up titled "Beer and Boardgames" that meets weekly at the Moerlein Tap Room. I had no idea something this cool actually existed. So i took a game and taught some people how to play while other games were happening all around us. Also, if we show up next week, we were invited to tour the brewery for free! So cool! I kinda feel like i hit the jackpot on this G4GG win.


nice win!
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:
Mamadallama wrote:
lorna wrote:
More happy news my copy of Azul is on its way!


Lucky you! I got all excited and checked coolstuff but they still don't have it apparently. Azul is holding up Ex Libris so double whammy!


I made the mistake of checking out Ex-Libris after hearing all the buzz...and now I kind of want it. And Azul. And other games, I'm sure. And yet I just got several at Essen through purchases and trades. SO MANY INTERESTING GAMES I WANT, SO LITTLE TIME...and shelf space...


And you might go to Spellenspaktakel soon, right? Guard your wallet!!! I keep seeing game companies on Twitter announcing what games they're bringing to sell there, and I'm sad I won't be in Holland until Christmas!
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PerpetualFX wrote:
alicialaura wrote:
Mamadallama wrote:
lorna wrote:
More happy news my copy of Azul is on its way!


Lucky you! I got all excited and checked coolstuff but they still don't have it apparently. Azul is holding up Ex Libris so double whammy!


I made the mistake of checking out Ex-Libris after hearing all the buzz...and now I kind of want it. And Azul. And other games, I'm sure. And yet I just got several at Essen through purchases and trades. SO MANY INTERESTING GAMES I WANT, SO LITTLE TIME...and shelf space...


And you might go to Spellenspaktakel soon, right? Guard your wallet!!! I keep seeing game companies on Twitter announcing what games they're bringing to sell there, and I'm sad I won't be in Holland until Christmas!


Haha!! I will be good. We are picking up Orleans and the first expansion from an attendee, and then mainly going to wander around and maybe learn a game or two. Then again....what games will be there? I'm curious now...I need to prepare myself for temptation!!
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
partangel wrote:
Paedra wrote:

I'm trying to tell myself that I can't buy any new games untill I've cut my unplayed pile down to half its size. (23 uplayed atm...) But the temptation is strong! laugh


So, is it a bad thing that i purposely don't count my unplayed games? I'm afraid to know how high that number actually is.


Counted this for myself the other day when checking out something else, 17 unplayed out of a collection of 133.
15 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Goode
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
partangel wrote:
Paedra wrote:

I'm trying to tell myself that I can't buy any new games untill I've cut my unplayed pile down to half its size. (23 uplayed atm...) But the temptation is strong! laugh


So, is it a bad thing that i purposely don't count my unplayed games? I'm afraid to know how high that number actually is.


Counted this for myself the other day when checking out something else, 17 unplayed out of a collection of 133.


That sounds like a really good ratio to me!

I've been tracking mine this year, trying to improve (reduce) the number of unplayed games I own. I started at 40.9% (27/66) unplayed in January and am currently quite pleased to be sitting at 12.9% (8/62) unplayed in spite of all the extra games that magically made their way onto my shelves in the mean time (some of which I managed to sell or trade on.)
16 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
confusedvicky wrote:
ParisPink wrote:
partangel wrote:
Paedra wrote:

I'm trying to tell myself that I can't buy any new games untill I've cut my unplayed pile down to half its size. (23 uplayed atm...) But the temptation is strong! laugh


So, is it a bad thing that i purposely don't count my unplayed games? I'm afraid to know how high that number actually is.


Counted this for myself the other day when checking out something else, 17 unplayed out of a collection of 133.


That sounds like a really good ratio to me!

I've been tracking mine this year, trying to improve (reduce) the number of unplayed games I own. I started at 40.9% (27/66) unplayed in January and am currently quite pleased to be sitting at 12.9% (8/62) unplayed in spite of all the extra games that magically made their way onto my shelves in the mean time (some of which I managed to sell or trade on.)


Ratio went up because today when I went to pick up some paints for some scenery I'm doing in Massive Darkness (chests/doors/bridges/pillars) and the cat lover in me could not resist buying Cat Lady. It's a quick little filler game (set collection) about rescuing/be-friending and feeding cats. If you do not feed them they run away. hah. Anywho, I love cats and I thought it was cute and while my husband will play it to humour me, my daughter will love it.

I also picked up London (second edition) as I loved the artwork and it is getting glowing reviews, most preferring it over the 1st edition. I know some are disappointed that the area control board was taking out, but I think I'll like it done through cards instead.

Oh and I did get the Formula P3, Citadel and Vallejo paints I originally went for.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
confusedvicky wrote:
ParisPink wrote:
partangel wrote:
Paedra wrote:

I'm trying to tell myself that I can't buy any new games untill I've cut my unplayed pile down to half its size. (23 uplayed atm...) But the temptation is strong! laugh


So, is it a bad thing that i purposely don't count my unplayed games? I'm afraid to know how high that number actually is.


Counted this for myself the other day when checking out something else, 17 unplayed out of a collection of 133.


That sounds like a really good ratio to me!

I've been tracking mine this year, trying to improve (reduce) the number of unplayed games I own. I started at 40.9% (27/66) unplayed in January and am currently quite pleased to be sitting at 12.9% (8/62) unplayed in spite of all the extra games that magically made their way onto my shelves in the mean time (some of which I managed to sell or trade on.)
It looks like I'm at 8% unplayed right now, which is pretty good. I started with 17 unplayed games and am now sitting at 7/87. High this year of 24 and low of 6. According to my math, I started the challenge with ~ 31% unplayed games (17/55 I think) surprise Yeah so apparently I've never acquired as many games as I have this year - I blame BGG whistle

I read somewhere on BGG that 10%-15% unplayed is normal, but I don't remember where that came from whistle

Good job on getting yours down, Vicky!
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  513 , 514 , 515 , 516 , 517  Next »  [520] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.