Popular Tags: [View All]
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recieved my Gloomhaven today. *happy dance*
Now to assemble that huge insert I bought in Essen...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone is getting their copy of Gloomhaven but me cry extra standees, curse you!

However, a friend got it and we're going to start a campaign soon, so that's nearly as good. Spent most of last night helping him punch out tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
I do like what you just said, Alicia, a lot. It seems like it would fit better our taste for 2p games than for 4p, and this pushes it even higher on the wishlist...

I *love* Five Tribes. It’s one of my top 10 games, probably in my top 5. I’ve got 13 plays and of those half are 2P with Owen. I love it two player. I know many do not but if you don’t want your partner to get back to back turns then outbid him/her.

I don’t mean to make you spend more money BUT I love the Artisans expansion and won’t play the game without it. Base is really good but I love the addition of mountains as well as artisans. Owen always use to beat me but with Artisans I find it’s more forgiving in scoring as you can gain more points in other ways then just genies and good Meeple pick ups for tiles. 😊. I bought the newest expansion for it (mostly for tile variety not for a sixth player) but it’s with my Stuffed Fables pre order so I do not have it yet.

I was just telling Owen this week that we need to play it again. I had plans to play a few weeks ago at a friend’s game night with the new expansion but things happened and I was not able to make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
I do like what you just said, Alicia, a lot. It seems like it would fit better our taste for 2p games than for 4p, and this pushes it even higher on the wishlist...

I *love* Five Tribes. It’s one of my top 10 games, probably in my top 5. I’ve got 13 plays and of those half are 2P with Owen. I love it two player. I know many do not but if you don’t want your partner to get back to back turns then outbid him/her.

I don’t mean to make you spend more money BUT I love the Artisans expansion and won’t play the game without it. Base is really good but I love the addition of mountains as well as artisans. Owen always use to beat me but with Artisans I find it’s more forgiving in scoring as you can gain more points in other ways then just genies and good Meeple pick ups for tiles. 😊. I bought the newest expansion for it (mostly for tile variety not for a sixth player) but it’s with my Stuffed Fables pre order so I do not have it yet.

I was just telling Owen this week that we need to play it again. I had plans to play a few weeks ago at a friend’s game night with the new expansion but things happened and I was not able to make it.

I have the Artisans expansion on my wishlist. I saw a Man vs Meeple video about essential expansions, and three of the four participants said they never play Five Tribes without Artisans added in. It sounds like an interesting expansion for a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:

If this is the broken token one, block off a full afternoon to assemble. 😋. Also, make plenty of counter space. BT labels all their sheets of wood but each piece can be scattered between sheets for parts to build. I’ve found it best to lay them all out in numerical order, punch out the pieces I need for the current part of the insert and then build it. Faster then riffling through a pile of wood.

My friend saw mine and she caved and wanted it as well. She was finally able to find it back in stock at greatboardgames.ca
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Azul and jokers arrived from Plan B so happy to be able to play it again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
alicialaura wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:
alicialaura wrote:

Happy birthday, Jill!!

We recently played two games of one of our trade acquisitions, Five Tribes. We had tried it at Essen 2016 and enjoyed it. After these two plays, we both agree we are happy to have it. I actually think it is really nice with two players.

But I'd hate it, right? (please, say so... )

Haha! I didn't know you were interested in it, Julia! I can't say you would hate it! I really like it, even though Paul has beaten me in both our games.

Yeah, I know... it's rather high on my wishlist (do like the designer a lot for many reasons, and liked him even more after dissecting his Mission: Red Planet while we were testing the game), but I so much hoped it played horribly at low player counts...

(four weeks, 2 days without active gaming, editing a huge game right now and math modelling another one and kicking off an additional third gigantic project and at the same time dreaming of playing and getting more games... how desperate am I? ;D ;D ;D)

Need more coffee...

In a two-player game, you get two turns in a round, so it feels like you get a bit more control. If I have back-to-back turns, I can use my first turn to set up an awesome second turn. If I don't, I need to be really careful of what my turn leaves on the board for my opponent. To us, it felt like playing with four would be too chaotic, and would make it impossible to plan ahead for future turns. With two, we were constantly engaged, and could plan our turns (and groan when the other did the move we wanted!). I imagine three would also be a great player count for the game.

I’ve Played it at 4P quite a bit and it causes a lot more AP. Especially for the 3rd and 4th players as by the time it’s their turn the board state has changed so much that they have not even bothered to try and find a good move so spend time searching for one only when it’s their turn.

When my friend teaches the game he always shares the circle trick and I want to kick him under the table 😋 as I find for new people to the game it makes AP even worse.

I spend a lot of my money/points during the game preventing my husband from getting back to back turns as he’s really good at setting himself up for a good move for his second. That’s why I like Artisans as well, the mountains and chasm/pit can make it a bit harder as the mountains add some in game blocking (can not go through/over them) and you can’t cross the chasm/pit either. During game set up they are placed first, randomly, so are always in the middle of the board/semi middle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paula Z
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My gf and I had our birthday party yesterday and our friends gave us two great games: Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 and Terraforming Mars with expansions (Terraforming Mars: Hellas & Elysium and Terraforming Mars: Venus Next) as well as some promo cards. Amazing gifts, I can't want to play them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Happy birthday, Paula! Enjoy those very nice gifts!! Two hot games!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paula Z
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:

Happy birthday, Paula! Enjoy those very nice gifts!! Two hot games!!

Thank you so much! I was going to buy Pandemic soon, so they couldn't find a better game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the suggestions ladies! I just saw a bundle for both the core game and the artisans expansion and it's quite tempting... let's see in the next days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday to all the birthday people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Happy Brithday to everyone celebrating. So many winter birthdays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jill Pearon
United States
Potsdam
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday Paula!!

Also we got our tracking number for Gloomhaven which is my husband’s birthday present from both my son & I. Maybe I should order that insert too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday, Paula!

Definitely get an insert for Gloomhaven if you can, it'll speed up setup so much... mine's already ordered from a local guy, though it'll take a while since he got a bunch of orders now that everyone's receiving their copy. But it'll be well worth it, it's such a pain to organise everything without an insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first game with the Broken token insert a couple of weeks ago and it was a dream. 5 minute set up. It's an expensive insert but I just counted it as 2 game purchases and feel it was 100% worth it.

Cdn backers got an update today that our games have landed and that Starlit is starting to process them over the weekend, shipping will start on Tuesday. I already have my game but I'm excited to get the 2nd version rulebook, scenario book and xp/hp trackers. I have homemade trackers right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenith Splendor
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vindit wrote:
My gf and I had our birthday party yesterday and our friends gave us two great games: Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 and Terraforming Mars with expansions (Terraforming Mars: Hellas & Elysium and Terraforming Mars: Venus Next) as well as some promo cards. Amazing gifts, I can't want to play them!

Terraforming Mars is one of my top 3 games. I really hope you enjoy it. And happy birthday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also a happy birthday to Paula
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zenith Splendor
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:

My sister is still waiting on hers. She lets me know every time she hears someone else got theirs lol. She has already put together her broken token insert for it. She even stained it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenithsplendor wrote:
Vindit wrote:

Terraforming Mars is one of my top 3 games. I really hope you enjoy it. And happy birthday.

One of these days, we'll try it...seriously, everyone seems to love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenithsplendor wrote:
Paedra wrote:

My sister is still waiting on hers. She lets me know every time she hears someone else got theirs lol. She has already put together her broken token insert for it. She even stained it.

OH MY GOSH HOW BIG IS GLOOMHAVEN?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary o
United States
Roseville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy belated birthday Paula
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alicialaura wrote:

OH MY GOSH HOW BIG IS GLOOMHAVEN?!?

The best thing is bringing Gloomhaven to game night and watch as people have that reaction IRL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianne N.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vindit wrote:

Happy Birthday Paula, seems like you have some really great friends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serena
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy birthday Jill and Paula!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  514 , 515 , 516 , 517 , 518  Next »  [581] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.