Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Serrette
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm moving to New Orleans on Thursday, and I'm being forced to leave behind my beloved Gamer's Haven shop. Anyone in, or around, New Orleans know of any good shops I should check out during my free weekened before class starts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyner Thorne
United States
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
flag msg tools
GrandpaDave wrote:
Well, I'm moving to New Orleans on Thursday, and I'm being forced to leave behind my beloved Gamer's Haven shop. Anyone in, or around, New Orleans know of any good shops I should check out during my free weekened before class starts?

Gamers Matrix, a block off of West Esplanade and Transcontinental, if memory serves. Charles is an awesome owner, very well knowledgeable on quite a few games, but more of a miniatures afficionado than boardgamer. Still quite a nice store.

Galactic Games, on West Esplanade, a block from Severn. Can't remember the owner's name, but another good guy. Last I heard, he offers a discount of 1% for every $100 spent, cumulatively. They keep track of what you've spent to keep your discount updated.

Those are the two I know of, I'll ask a couple of friends if there are more.

Drop me a line if you want to get together sometime, I live about 40 minutes away with a wacky schedule, but you never know. I also have some friends in that area that boardgame/rpg, so that's another possibility for you.

Good luck!

Johnny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyle T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ever find yourself in Baton Rouge, drop me a line. I work at a FLGS, and we have a few gamers here as well. My FLGS mostly specializes in miniatures and Magic, though. We do have a few good boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Drake
United States
Picayune
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also take a look at Hub Hobby Shop on S.Broad and Washington:
http://www.hubhobbyshop.com/

MD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Drake
United States
Picayune
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

What do you like to play?
Reason I ask is I live in Slidell,about 25 miles east of New Orleans and am an avid wargamer;check my website for an idea of what I like to play (even mini rules but with boardgame components,as I dont own minis.) I like tactical wargames such as ASL,Full Thrust,Dirtside,MBT,Harpoon 4,and Scramble (mini rules for WW2 aerial combat.)

www.freewebs.com/heavymetaldrake

MD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Serrette
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks a lot. I'll probably check out all those places. I'm gonna have some time to kill over the weekend, as I'll have all day thursday and friday to move in. But you never know.

I should be in Baton Rouge every now and then. My roommate's girlfriend is going to LSU, along with some other friends of mine, so I'll be out there sometimes to visit them all.

As far as the games, I play pretty much anything that comes my way. I play a lot of Pirates though. Love it. I play a very wide variety of games.

But yeah. Thanks a lot again for the help. Good to know I'm not alone in Louisiana.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls