Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Landes
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and has asked me if I've got a list of games I'd like her to find.

To start though, I need to know where to send her - are there any good game shops in Munich? I don't know how much travelling she'll be able to do as the friend she's visiting has an infant.

Thanks for any info!

Now, to work on that list...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This gets asked at least once a month. The easiest place to get to that I know of is Obletter spielewaren, which is on the south-east corner of Karlsplatz. They have a pretty good selection of in-print games. There is a small toy store across the street to the west that has a slightly different selection (but smaller), so when I go I visit both.

There are bunches more stores (shoot, even some grocery stores carry games) in Munich, but Obletter is easily acessible and findable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gebhardt
Sweden
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I don't know if or where there are any special game stores in Munich. But I know about a toy store in the city centre: “Obletter” right at the Karlsplatz/Stachus square (a subway station with the same name is nearby). They mainly stock the big titles, such as Carcassonne, the Settlers, El Grande and so on. But they certainly can order most things within a few days.

If you can make a deposit into a German bank account and have a German address to send the games to, I can recommend www.12spiel.de. They generally have significantly lower prices than most other stores, quite a lot of titles to choose from and everything works just fine with them. Free shipping for orders over 100 € and 4 € for shipping otherwise.

You also might consider ordering at www.amazon.de?tag=article-geekdo07-21. They have higher prices (about the same prices as Obletter I would say) than www.12spiel.de, but shipping is free from 20 € and you have more payment options (by credit card, for example).

Greetings

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Maszuhn
Germany
München
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After visiting the Obletter your wife might continue into the pedestrian zone where there is a Karstadt after about 200m on the right hand side. Every now and then they have little sellouts of not too old games (last game I got there was "Die Brücken von Shangrila" for 10 €).

Between Marienplatz and Isartor (also in the Center of Munich) there is a Müller Store that also has a selection of boardgames with a slight chance, but no guarantee for a bargain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls