Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
About a decade ago when SJG released the Deluxe Ogre and Deluxe GEV sets, they also release a scenario book for Ogre. They wanted to release one for GEV as well, and solicited scenarios. The rules were simple; come up with a scenario using the GEV map and rules using only the units provided in the Deluxe Ogre and Deluxe GEV sets. Apparently they never got enough submissions, so the project was never produced.

I was looking through my Ogre stuff the other day and uncovered my submission and though I should post it here on BGG. It’s called Zulu Bridge, and the situation is essentially Operation Market-Garden writ small. Paneuropean armor are sprinkled around the map and they receive reinforcements throughout, while a small pile of infantry try to hold the big bridge and town long enough for the Combine main force to relieve them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting that.

I look forward to trying Zulu Bridge sometime soon!

I remember that call for scenarios well! A bunch of us in the SF Bay Area had a playtest session for the first book years and years ago, and we talked a lot about the second book. I did some very preliminary sketches of a scenario that would highlight engineers, of all things. Never finished it, sadly. So it's probably my fault that book never got published.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herodian Smith
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting scenario! I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for sharing this, Karl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.