Recommend
34 
 Thumb up
 Hide
215 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Spring Training Math Trade - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A (relatively) quick and dirty math trade as requested.

Please make sure to read through the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades: Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Spring Training Math Trade

Request GeekList: Spring Training Math Trade - Requests


Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Wednesday Feb 15th (8:00 PM EST) to Sunday Feb 19th (9:00 PM EST)

Want List Submissions: Sunday Feb 19th (9:00 PM EST) to Tuesday Feb 21st (10:00 PM EST)

Results posted shortly thereafter.


Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Gift Certificates, GeekGold, and all items outside the scope of BGG etc are all permitted. However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

2. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

3. Sweetners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweetners will not show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You must clearly state your shipping policies for this math trade. At a minimum, you shall be required to cover shipping to your own country's contiguous mainland (sorry AK & HI). If you fail to state your shipping policy, it will be assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.


Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=100 Metric=Users-Trading


%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, Feb 19th, 2012, 9:00 PM EST
Deadline-Wants: Tuesday Feb 21st, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
%End%
6 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
# MISSING 99 WANTS (4.6%) FROM 10 USER(s) (3.5%):
# bamf226 (8)
# Colls (1)
# jasonc213 (6)
# JesterKnot (6)
# Jordy40 (2)
# mumhoefer (2)
# Oliphant (1)
# pendragon714 (57)
# spayne (15)
# ZarathosNY (1)


Num trades = 320 of 2138 items (15.0%)
Users Trading = 176
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/127881-officialwants.txt

Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/127881-results-official.tx...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
With a name like "Spring Training" I thought this might be one of those mock math trades that people were running. But it's real, right?


It's real and it's spectacular!
19 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Fly, Eagles, fly!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
It's real


Oh?

Quote:
and it's spectacular!


Ohhh...
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Whitmore
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I want to do it, but what does the first rule "However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed" mean?

Just curious,

Kevin
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick R
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it okay to add a sweetener to an item after it's already been posted?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin_Whitmore wrote:
Not that I want to do it, but what does the first rule "However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed" mean?

Just curious,

Kevin


Basically, that you can't trade a GC for another GC, or GG for a different GG entry. (You can trade GC for GG and vice versa.) My understanding is that you can't do it even if you're trading even or down (e.g., I couldn't trade my $50 Amazon GC for a $50 Boards & Bits GC)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin_Whitmore wrote:
Not that I want to do it, but what does the first rule "However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed" mean?

Just curious,

Kevin


Basically it's to prevent people trying to trade up or make a profit in their GC or GG entries. So for example you couldn't try to trade a $25 GC for a $50 GC.

Personally I'm ok with people trading for a GC of equal or lower value (assuming their trying to move a GC for a store they would never shop at).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mighty Pope wrote:
Is it okay to add a sweetener to an item after it's already been posted?


It should be ok to edit an entry where you're improving the item(s) being offered.

OTOH if you were editing an entry to remove a sweetener, the proper thing to do would be to make a new modified entry and just submit a blank wantlist for the first item.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Kevin_Whitmore wrote:
Not that I want to do it, but what does the first rule "However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed" mean?

Just curious,

Kevin


Basically it's to prevent people trying to trade up or make a profit in their GC or GG entries. So for example you couldn't try to trade a $25 GC for a $50 GC.

Personally I'm ok with people trading for a GC of equal or lower value (assuming their trying to move a GC for a store they would never shop at).


How can they trade for a lower value though, without someone else trading "up"?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Kevin_Whitmore wrote:
Not that I want to do it, but what does the first rule "However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed" mean?

Just curious,

Kevin


Basically it's to prevent people trying to trade up or make a profit in their GC or GG entries. So for example you couldn't try to trade a $25 GC for a $50 GC.

Personally I'm ok with people trading for a GC of equal or lower value (assuming their trying to move a GC for a store they would never shop at).


How can they trade for a lower value though, without someone else trading "up"?


I meant by putting a lower value GC on your wantlist for your higher valued one. Doesn't mean that the two items would ever trade for each other, since the lower valued GC couldn't add the higher valued GC to its wantlist.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:


I meant by putting a lower value GC on your wantlist for your higher valued one. Doesn't mean that the two items would ever trade for each other, since the lower valued GC couldn't add the higher valued GC to its wantlist.


Ah.

Can anyone with experience give a ballpark figure for shipping an average boardgame domestically? I know it can vary wildly, but what is the low end for say USPS on a typical box size?

I don't trust my estimates for weight etc with the online calculators, and really have no idea. Am I looking at $20? $50?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Fly, Eagles, fly!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Holmes108 wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Kevin_Whitmore wrote:
Not that I want to do it, but what does the first rule "However, Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage are NOT allowed" mean?

Just curious,

Kevin


Basically it's to prevent people trying to trade up or make a profit in their GC or GG entries. So for example you couldn't try to trade a $25 GC for a $50 GC.

Personally I'm ok with people trading for a GC of equal or lower value (assuming their trying to move a GC for a store they would never shop at).


How can they trade for a lower value though, without someone else trading "up"?


I meant by putting a lower value GC on your wantlist for your higher valued one. Doesn't mean that the two items would ever trade for each other, since the lower valued GC couldn't add the higher valued GC to its wantlist.


Ah.

Can anyone with experience give a ballpark figure for shipping an average boardgame domestically? I know it can vary wildly, but what is the low end for say USPS on a typical box size?

I don't trust my estimates for weight etc with the online calculators. Am I looking at $20? $50?


If you can fit it in a Medium Flat Rate Box, it's $10.85 regardless of weight and distance. Large Flat rate is $14.65. That's if you pay online, which you should because you also get free Delivery Confirmation.

Outside of that, you're looking at around $10-15 if you go by UPS, which I highly recommend because that includes insurance for free and they don't throw their packages around like Frisbees. I talked to a USPS employee at my local post office who basically admitted that they do that, though more often with First Class than Priority Mail, and never with Express Mail. I try to use UPS if I can since learning that bit of knowledge.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've obviously been watching too much Breaking Bad lately: I keep reading Spring Training METH Trade.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SparkingConduit wrote:

If you can fit it in a Medium Flat Rate Box, it's $10.85 regardless of weight and distance. Large Flat rate is $14.65. That's if you pay online, which you should because you also get free Delivery Confirmation.

Outside of that, you're looking at around $10-15 if you go by UPS, which I highly recommend because that includes insurance for free and they don't throw their packages around like Frisbees. I talked to a USPS employee at my local post office who basically admitted that they do that, though more often with First Class than Priority Mail, and never with Express Mail. I try to use UPS if I can since learning that bit of knowledge.


Not bad at all, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SparkingConduit wrote:
If you can fit it in a Medium Flat Rate Box, it's $10.85 regardless of weight and distance. Large Flat rate is $14.65. That's if you pay online, which you should because you also get free Delivery Confirmation.

Outside of that, you're looking at around $10-15 if you go by UPS, which I highly recommend because that includes insurance for free and they don't throw their packages around like Frisbees.

If the game is really small (like a 2-deck card game), shipping could be as low as $6 or so. For wantlist purposes, I usually budget about $10-12 for not-large games, and $15+ for larger/heavier games, which aligns pretty well with what Darian said.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Jefferson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
SparkingConduit wrote:

If you can fit it in a Medium Flat Rate Box, it's $10.85 regardless of weight and distance. Large Flat rate is $14.65. That's if you pay online, which you should because you also get free Delivery Confirmation.

Outside of that, you're looking at around $10-15 if you go by UPS, which I highly recommend because that includes insurance for free and they don't throw their packages around like Frisbees. I talked to a USPS employee at my local post office who basically admitted that they do that, though more often with First Class than Priority Mail, and never with Express Mail. I try to use UPS if I can since learning that bit of knowledge.


Not bad at all, thanks!


Just to point out, I think those prices are for domestic shipping within the U.S.. If (based on your flag) you're shipping from Canada, I think it will be more.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Fly, Eagles, fly!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefforama wrote:
Holmes108 wrote:
SparkingConduit wrote:

If you can fit it in a Medium Flat Rate Box, it's $10.85 regardless of weight and distance. Large Flat rate is $14.65. That's if you pay online, which you should because you also get free Delivery Confirmation.

Outside of that, you're looking at around $10-15 if you go by UPS, which I highly recommend because that includes insurance for free and they don't throw their packages around like Frisbees. I talked to a USPS employee at my local post office who basically admitted that they do that, though more often with First Class than Priority Mail, and never with Express Mail. I try to use UPS if I can since learning that bit of knowledge.


Not bad at all, thanks!


Just to point out, I think those prices are for domestic shipping within the U.S.. If (based on your flag) you're shipping from Canada, I think it will be more.


Yes, but not horribly bad. I still think Medium Flat rate from and to Canada is only around $18 or so. Depending on weight, you could go non-flat rate for the rates I quoted. Sorry for not checking your flag first before I posted. :'(
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefforama wrote:
Holmes108 wrote:
SparkingConduit wrote:

If you can fit it in a Medium Flat Rate Box, it's $10.85 regardless of weight and distance. Large Flat rate is $14.65. That's if you pay online, which you should because you also get free Delivery Confirmation.

Outside of that, you're looking at around $10-15 if you go by UPS, which I highly recommend because that includes insurance for free and they don't throw their packages around like Frisbees. I talked to a USPS employee at my local post office who basically admitted that they do that, though more often with First Class than Priority Mail, and never with Express Mail. I try to use UPS if I can since learning that bit of knowledge.


Not bad at all, thanks!


Just to point out, I think those prices are for domestic shipping within the U.S.. If (based on your flag) you're shipping from Canada, I think it will be more.


I am in Canada. I mentioned USPS in my original question because I figured most people reading would be in the U.S.

But again, just looking for very rough figures. Figured it would be similar within Canada, and as you say, a bit higher over the border.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chanan Siegel
Israel
ramat beit shemesh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you list multiple copies of a game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
marcsiegel wrote:
How do you list multiple copies of a game.


Use the copies command as follows (where x = # of copies offered):

%Options%
Copies: x
%End%
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a lot of good stuff so far. I just wish more people were willing to ship into Canada, even if they only paid a chunk of it. I'm lucky to have a US mailbox as well, but not everyone is so lucky.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see if I can actually earn that math trader badge.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeyman wrote:
Looks like a lot of good stuff so far. I just wish more people were willing to ship into Canada, even if they only paid a chunk of it. I'm lucky to have a US mailbox as well, but not everyone is so lucky.


I was curious about this. If it just says "Free Shipping to US", do I take that as they don't ship to Canada? Or that it just won't necessarily be free? It would be nice if people would be clear about what they will pay for, and also where it will ship.

Also, I plan to read the descriptions closely and double check my picks, but what if I accidentally pick one that doesn't want to ship to Canada? Am I going to screw everything up?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.