Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be going to Orlando next week (or the week after) for a business trip.

Except for Disney World, Seaworld, is there anything worth looking for? I mean Board game stores, any boardgame nights in the area? I may not have transportation, and I don't have any details as to where I'll be going to, but I'd like to do some game-related tourism!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to live in Orlando, and CoolStuffInc is THE place to go. You can find them at www.coolstuffinc.com They are primarily a discount online store, but they have a storefront and access to their warehouse 24/7. (plus you still get discount online prices through the storefront) It's win/win and any time I get back to Orlando, I make a point to go there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great recommandation! with the price of boardgames in Canada vs the States, I will make a point of visiting Coolstuff and Sci-Fi city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Graham
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

I'll be visiting my family in Orlando next week as well. I'll be at cool stuff sometime during the next weeks - so if you feel like meeting up there just shoot me a GeekMail. Gamers of all around the world: UNIFY! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Wednesday night is board game night. If anyone wants to get together for board gaming some time else during the week I will probably be available. Drop me a line!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Yeah, ordering for your hotel room is a decent idea if you just want games. If you want to shop AND game, coming by on Wednesday is a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
as mentioned if you are staying in the theme park area driving up to csi is about 40 minutes assuming you don't get stuck in notorious I-4 traffic (seems like accidents every day causing big backups during rush and even non rush hours... today we drove down to universal and it was stop and go for no apparent reason most of the way).

however if you are going to order at least $100+ from csi and you are staying at your hotel for at least a few days you can always order online, with free ship to your hotel, given the distance it should essentially be overnight.

as for gaming on wed nights at csi.. they still are overwhelmed by magic (mtg) players that makes the background noise level relatively high. i have problems with that (I have trouble hearing with too much background) ut obviously not everyone does. and with no one really running the board game night the folks who do game there are relatively cliquish. ymmv

as for other things to do in that area where the parks are, downtown disney is no cost and free parking and has lots of restaurants/shops/tethered balloon ride. And Universal Florida and if you are going to be in town for the weekend mardi gras is going on with free concerts included w/addmission (we saw b-52's last weekend), similar with seaworld (we saw Foreigner who still does have one original band member )... seaworld while not big also has 2 of the better coasters. oh yea, there is a helicopter tour that has a helipad somewhere near the dave & busters... haven't done that so don't know pricing and/or if it's worth it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls