Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
76 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: GameStorm 2012 Math Trade - Discussion Thread - Official Results Posted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Portland/Vancouver's GameStorm 2012 is soon approaching (March 22-25), so it's time for the 6th annual GameStorm no shipping math trade.

You are welcome to participate in this math trade if you or your proxy can make it to the conference in Vancouver, WA to exchange games.

Request GeekList: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/128753
Trade Geeklist: GameStorm 2012 Math Trade - Trade List

Timeline:

List opened for submissions: Thursday, March 1st, 9am
Deadline to add games: Saturday, March 10th, 9 PM
Want lists due: Friday, March 16th, 2 PM
Results posted: Shortly After 2pm

This Math Trade is open to all types of games, game accessories, BGG-specific goodies, and to limited numbers of non-BGG related items (see Rules and Restrictions, below).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: GameStorm 2012 Math Trade - Discussion Thread
Software used:

Wantlists will be submitted via the Online Wantlist Generator (OLWLG).
The trade will be run on TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection.
SEED=13201113, ITERATIONS=75, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

Big thanks to:

David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb

For running the last trade (not sure how many before that one he ran), and letting me copy all the info for this trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules and Restrictions:

* You must accurately describe your game's condition, language, edition, etc.

* You should choose a photo that best represents the game you are trading (language, edition, and the like). If there are none suitable in the database, pick the one that's closest and make a note in your item listing. Even so, do not say "As pictured" to describe the version.

* Duplicate games are allowed, even from the same user. If you own multiple copies of the same game and would like to trade them all, add the following to your item description:

%Options%
Copies: 2
%End%

Where "2" is the exact number of items you have. Then you and everyone else can treat it as a single item through the OLWLG.

* You may only post three non-game-related listings. These items should be posted with the gameid for Outside the Scope of BGG or Miscellaneous Game Accessory. Items that count toward the three item limit include other BGG goodies (microbadge coupons, etc.), mystery boxes (even those that include only games), as well as DVDs, computer/video games, electronic accessories, etc, Please use the altname tags for these items so that they show up nicely in the OLWLG:

+altname+ TITLE OF YOUR ITEM HERE -altname-

This tag can be anywhere in your item description. Most people place it at the bottom.

* Gift certificates are allowed in this trade, as well as Geekgold. These do not count as the three non-game-related listings, unless the GC is for a non-game store. (GCs must be at least $10, and GG must be at least 200 GG)

* NO Gift Certificate or GC arbitrage (trading a GC for a HIGHER valued GC or a GG offering for a higher valued GG offering).

* Game sweeteners must be listed using either the GAMEID formatting (for example: gameid=1 inside square brackets [ ] yields Die Macher) or you may alternately use a link to the game's page (like http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1). Including images is also helpful.

* Please do not delete items from the geeklist. If you no longer wish to trade an item, edit the item to say so and submit a blank want list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Policies:

* This is a local trade, with no shipping. Again, anyone can participate as long as you're willing to swap games at GameStorm 13.

* I reserve the right to remove games from the list for whatever reason. If you are on the bad traders list, your games will most likely be removed.

* By posting an entry on this list, you agree to abide both by the general math trade guidelines and by those specific to this math trade.

* Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. You are responsible for checking your want lists through the OLWLG.

* GameStorm is not affiliated with this trade and is not responsible for the results of the trade, the condition of traded games or the exchange of games at the convention.

* Use the forum thread for questions and discussions of this math trade (however, for questions on individual items, please leave comments under the item itself, on this geeklist).

Game Exchange

There will be a scheduled exchange time on Saturday morning from 9am-10:00am at the convention in Discovery B (note - different than last year!). In addition, the coordinators of GameStorm have agreed to hold labeled games at the library on Saturday.
http://schedule.gamestorm.org/sessions/1612

Traders are encouraged to meet for the exchange, but if you are not able to make the swap, this means that you can drop your games off Saturday (preferably in the morning so they are available for the swap), and can then pick up their games any time on Saturday before 10 pm. All games must be picked up by that time.

Traders are, of course, welcome to make other arrangements for getting their games to the recipients at the convention (via proxy, etc.).

As stated above, GameStorm accepts no responsibility for the results of the trade, the condition of games, or the exchange of games at the convention.

As in all math trades, you are responsible for making sure that your game exchanges happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Information for new traders:

If you are new to math trades, check out the following links for a primer on how they work. Feel free to ask specific questions below after you have a sense of what they are about:

These two cover the same material, but in different learning styles:
The Math Trade wiki page
Math Trades for Dummies

You will also need to learn about the online wantlist generator (OLWLG):
The OLWLG wiki page
Steve's geeklist on How to use the OLWLG
Chris' geeklist on How to use Duplicate Protection with the OLWLG

Math Trade Video Tutorials
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A word about proxies:

You do not need to be going to the convention to participate, although that is strongly encouraged. You can also participate if you can find someone in your area who is willing to be your proxy at the convention (i.e. someone who is willing to take your traded games to the convention and pick up your "winnings" for you).

Usually finding a proxy isn't that hard - we've had several no-ship events that have drawn participants from Seattle to Ashland, and those didn't even have the convention as a draw. Feel free to use the forum below to request proxies from your area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
# MISSING WANTS :
Emile
pgoody

If your username is up here and think you have submitted, make sure you clicked the big "submit" button AND received a confirmation email. If you have not received the email, your wants have not been submitted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Users in the math trade: 72
Users with at least one trade: 69
Users who didn't submit wants: 1

So only 2 users who submitted wants didn't get at least one trade.

392 Trades
1117 Total Items

35 % Trade percentage! Nice job guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subhan Michael Tindall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say Gamestorm 2011 is rapidly receding, not rapidly approaching
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was SURE I had caught all of those!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Sedlacek
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
I was SURE I had caught all of those!
Still says 2011 in the Request List too (if you don't mind my OCD in pointing it out blush)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the actual trade list going up, Andrew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight Ken!

(and fixing now, Wes, thanks!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Andrew. Would help if I read more carefully...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted: GameStorm 2012 Math Trade - Trade List
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I'll be attending GameStorm this year, so I'm looking for a proxy before I list anything. Anyone able/willing to volunteer? If so, please GeekMail me. If not, I'll just sit this out, but I probably have a few things I can put into the trade. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff shiv Flynn
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also looking for a proxy. I have a decent list of games and would happily offer a sweetener game as thanks for the assistance. I'm in NE Portland (near Alberta & 22nd) but just can't attend the event in person. PM me if you can assist.

Thanks,
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If people want to drop things off AND pick them up from me, I can trade your games. You will have to come to me though, 99W, right where it meets the 217.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sixteen Blue
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you participate in the trade without actually attending the event? I don't necessarily need a proxy, I can drive down and be there in person, I just am not planning on attending GameStorm itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SixteenBlue wrote:
Can you participate in the trade without actually attending the event? I don't necessarily need a proxy, I can drive down and be there in person, I just am not planning on attending GameStorm itself.
I asked Chris, and he said:
TheCat wrote:
I've exchanged items with non-attendees at the math trade before. The usual way for this to happen is for the trader to arrange a swap in the lobby at a specific time. Normally, only attendees are allowed in program rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sixteen Blue
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
SixteenBlue wrote:
I asked Chris, and he said:
TheCat wrote:
I've exchanged items with non-attendees at the math trade before. The usual way for this to happen is for the trader to arrange a swap in the lobby at a specific time. Normally, only attendees are allowed in program rooms.
Awesome, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to request some VGG items on the Request list (PS3 games), but I noticed that the request list appears to be restricted to BGG items. (The actual trade list, however, isn't similarly restricted). I guess I'll just list them as Outside the Scope of BGG instead of having you change it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rgatti wrote:
I was going to request some VGG items on the Request list (PS3 games), but I noticed that the request list appears to be restricted to BGG items. (The actual trade list, however, isn't similarly restricted). I guess I'll just list them as Outside the Scope of BGG instead of having you change it now.
Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
rgatti wrote:
Done.
Thanks! I edited my request to take advantage of the change

(But I'm grouping them all together in a single entry for convenience, and since I'm not sure others are equally interested, so I don't want to make it harder to find specific board game requests).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Springer
United States
Revere
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the Seattle area (Bellevue), so if anyone's interested in being my proxy, I could make it worth your while with some extra cash or something for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |