12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: JunaCon III Math Trade discussion thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
JunaCon III website: http://junacon.com

Ask questions and request games here.

The GeekList:
JunaCon III Math Trade

The deadlines:
Deadline to add games: Monday, March 12th 2012, 23:00
Deadline to submit want lists: Monday, March 19th 2012, 23:00

---------------

Do not give or send any games yet!
All participants have now 24 hours to report any problems to me.

The results stand, and are now official.
Trade away. You will find instructions in your GeekMail inboxes.

Thank you all for a good trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Below are the raw results, and for a more user-friendly presentation, you can head over to http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

TradeMaximizer Version 1.4a
Options: ALLOW-DUMMIES REQUIRE-COLONS REQUIRE-USERNAMES HIDE-NONTRADES SHOW-ELAPSED-TIME

Input Checksum: 22749ffece91654535f8b06a3b689480
TRADE LOOPS (39 total trades):

(AQUARIAN) 0099-PS receives (HAKUUS) 0033-STCAR
(HAKUUS) 0033-STCAR receives (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0002-ANP3O6
(KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0002-ANP3O6 receives (ROXON) 0144-CITAD
(ROXON) 0144-CITAD receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0057-AN1CT
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0057-AN1CT receives (MISSU) 0072-ANCAOAOTF
(MISSU) 0072-ANCAOAOTF receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0043-MNBE
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0043-MNBE receives (MEJV) 0060-SOS
(MEJV) 0060-SOS receives (JOCKIB) 0084-OLTRE
(JOCKIB) 0084-OLTRE receives (SALATTU) 0065-PANDE
(SALATTU) 0065-PANDE receives (ROXON) 0141-SJUAN
(ROXON) 0141-SJUAN receives (MUHONEN) 0063-ELASU
(MUHONEN) 0063-ELASU receives (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0004-ANIAWE
(KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0004-ANIAWE receives (VELKO) 0088-CIVIL
(VELKO) 0088-CIVIL receives (ROXON) 0142-EDELS
(ROXON) 0142-EDELS receives (SIIRTOLA) 0082-PERIK
(SIIRTOLA) 0082-PERIK receives (JUMATAKE) 0121-PRINC
(JUMATAKE) 0121-PRINC receives (HAKUUS) 0032-BACBAN
(HAKUUS) 0032-BACBAN receives (TANAR) 0025-AN9CT
(TANAR) 0025-AN9CT receives (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0095-DRACU
(KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0095-DRACU receives (ROXON) 0139-PALAZ
(ROXON) 0139-PALAZ receives (VELKO) 0089-KELTIS
(VELKO) 0089-KELTIS receives (JUMATAKE) 0109-NORPOL
(JUMATAKE) 0109-NORPOL receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0055-AN2CT
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0055-AN2CT receives (AQUARIAN) 0101-SABOT
(AQUARIAN) 0101-SABOT receives (ROXON) 0136-AUG152
(ROXON) 0136-AUG152 receives (TANAR) 0023-AN1CT
(TANAR) 0023-AN1CT receives (JUMATAKE) 0103-ALADD
(JUMATAKE) 0103-ALADD receives (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0077-ANUBDPDDP
(KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0077-ANUBDPDDP receives (JUMATAKE) 0114-BRITRO
(JUMATAKE) 0114-BRITRO receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0045-MITH
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0045-MITH receives (AQUARIAN) 0099-PS

(JUMATAKE) 0104-WCTBG receives (MEJV) 0093-CCEUR
(MEJV) 0093-CCEUR receives (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0001-ANTIK
(KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0001-ANTIK receives (ROXON) 0137-ZOOLO
(ROXON) 0137-ZOOLO receives (TANAR) 0076-RTDG
(TANAR) 0076-RTDG receives (NORTHBURNS) 0148-ACQUI
(NORTHBURNS) 0148-ACQUI receives (JUMATAKE) 0104-WCTBG

(MUHONEN) 0062-SHOGU receives (ROXON) 0134-ATGOL
(ROXON) 0134-ATGOL receives (MUHONEN) 0062-SHOGU

ITEM SUMMARY (39 total trades):

(AQUARIAN) 0099-PS receives (HAKUUS) 0033-STCAR and sends to (TEPPOLAINEN) 0045-MITH
(AQUARIAN) 0101-SABOT receives (ROXON) 0136-AUG152 and sends to (TEPPOLAINEN) 0055-AN2CT
(HAKUUS) 0032-BACBAN receives (TANAR) 0025-AN9CT and sends to (JUMATAKE) 0121-PRINC
(HAKUUS) 0033-STCAR receives (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0002-ANP3O6 and sends to (AQUARIAN) 0099-PS
(JOCKIB) 0084-OLTRE receives (SALATTU) 0065-PANDE and sends to (MEJV) 0060-SOS
(JUMATAKE) 0103-ALADD receives (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0077-ANUBDPDDP and sends to (TANAR) 0023-AN1CT
(JUMATAKE) 0104-WCTBG receives (MEJV) 0093-CCEUR and sends to (NORTHBURNS) 0148-ACQUI
(JUMATAKE) 0109-NORPOL receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0055-AN2CT and sends to (VELKO) 0089-KELTIS
(JUMATAKE) 0114-BRITRO receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0045-MITH and sends to (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0077-ANUBDPDDP
(JUMATAKE) 0121-PRINC receives (HAKUUS) 0032-BACBAN and sends to (SIIRTOLA) 0082-PERIK
(KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0001-ANTIK receives (ROXON) 0137-ZOOLO and sends to (MEJV) 0093-CCEUR
(KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0002-ANP3O6 receives (ROXON) 0144-CITAD and sends to (HAKUUS) 0033-STCAR
(KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0004-ANIAWE receives (VELKO) 0088-CIVIL and sends to (MUHONEN) 0063-ELASU
(KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0077-ANUBDPDDP receives (JUMATAKE) 0114-BRITRO and sends to (JUMATAKE) 0103-ALADD
(KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0095-DRACU receives (ROXON) 0139-PALAZ and sends to (TANAR) 0025-AN9CT
(MEJV) 0060-SOS receives (JOCKIB) 0084-OLTRE and sends to (TEPPOLAINEN) 0043-MNBE
(MEJV) 0093-CCEUR receives (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0001-ANTIK and sends to (JUMATAKE) 0104-WCTBG
(MISSU) 0072-ANCAOAOTF receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0043-MNBE and sends to (TEPPOLAINEN) 0057-AN1CT
(MUHONEN) 0062-SHOGU receives (ROXON) 0134-ATGOL and sends to (ROXON) 0134-ATGOL
(MUHONEN) 0063-ELASU receives (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0004-ANIAWE and sends to (ROXON) 0141-SJUAN
(NORTHBURNS) 0148-ACQUI receives (JUMATAKE) 0104-WCTBG and sends to (TANAR) 0076-RTDG
(ROXON) 0134-ATGOL receives (MUHONEN) 0062-SHOGU and sends to (MUHONEN) 0062-SHOGU
(ROXON) 0136-AUG152 receives (TANAR) 0023-AN1CT and sends to (AQUARIAN) 0101-SABOT
(ROXON) 0137-ZOOLO receives (TANAR) 0076-RTDG and sends to (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0001-ANTIK
(ROXON) 0139-PALAZ receives (VELKO) 0089-KELTIS and sends to (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0095-DRACU
(ROXON) 0141-SJUAN receives (MUHONEN) 0063-ELASU and sends to (SALATTU) 0065-PANDE
(ROXON) 0142-EDELS receives (SIIRTOLA) 0082-PERIK and sends to (VELKO) 0088-CIVIL
(ROXON) 0144-CITAD receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0057-AN1CT and sends to (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0002-ANP3O6
(SALATTU) 0065-PANDE receives (ROXON) 0141-SJUAN and sends to (JOCKIB) 0084-OLTRE
(SIIRTOLA) 0082-PERIK receives (JUMATAKE) 0121-PRINC and sends to (ROXON) 0142-EDELS
(TANAR) 0023-AN1CT receives (JUMATAKE) 0103-ALADD and sends to (ROXON) 0136-AUG152
(TANAR) 0025-AN9CT receives (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0095-DRACU and sends to (HAKUUS) 0032-BACBAN
(TANAR) 0076-RTDG receives (NORTHBURNS) 0148-ACQUI and sends to (ROXON) 0137-ZOOLO
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0043-MNBE receives (MEJV) 0060-SOS and sends to (MISSU) 0072-ANCAOAOTF
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0045-MITH receives (AQUARIAN) 0099-PS and sends to (JUMATAKE) 0114-BRITRO
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0055-AN2CT receives (AQUARIAN) 0101-SABOT and sends to (JUMATAKE) 0109-NORPOL
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0057-AN1CT receives (MISSU) 0072-ANCAOAOTF and sends to (ROXON) 0144-CITAD
(VELKO) 0088-CIVIL receives (ROXON) 0142-EDELS and sends to (KREIKKATURKULAINEN) 0004-ANIAWE
(VELKO) 0089-KELTIS receives (JUMATAKE) 0109-NORPOL and sends to (ROXON) 0139-PALAZ

Num trades = 39 of 148 items (26.4%)
Total cost = 39 (avg 1.00)
Num groups = 3
Group sizes = 31 6 2
Sum squares = 1001
Elapsed time = 16ms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, Justus must be thirsty up there!

"Who wanted mine", official wants and results summaries are now live on OLWLG. These are useful for those that want to go and do individual side trades after the end of the MT.

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/wantedby.cgi?listid=133165
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/mostwanted.cgi?listid=1331...

And again, all the trades:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/133165-officialwants.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teppo Saarinen
Finland
Piikkiö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, is the deadline tonite or tomorrow? It says Sunday March 12th, today is Sunday, but it's only the 11th...

(Same with the next one - Sun 19th vs. 18th)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teppolainen wrote:
Hey, is the deadline tonite or tomorrow? It says Sunday March 12th, today is Sunday, but it's only the 11th...

(Same with the next one - Sun 19th vs. 18th)
Kopipeist error... I got the date right and the day wrong. The deadline is tomorrow, Monday the 12th at 23:00. and the deadline to submit want lists is next Monday the 19th at 23:00.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also made a copy-paste error with the last of my two entries: Acquire and Genial. A sweetener made its way to the wrong item, I edited it to the correct entry, but I forgot to edit the Language -info.
Now, this has already spurred a question, which I've answered. Is there anything that this blunder can screw up, and if so, is there anything I can do to rectify the situation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Northburns wrote:
I also made a copy-paste error with the last of my two entries: Acquire and Genial. A sweetener made its way to the wrong item, I edited it to the correct entry, but I forgot to edit the Language -info.
Now, this has already spurred a question, which I've answered. Is there anything that this blunder can screw up, and if so, is there anything I can do to rectify the situation?
It's ok, we all make mistakes. Make a comment on both items with size 16 text, indicating the correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teppo Saarinen
Finland
Piikkiö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kreikkaturkulainen wrote:
I'll try to get a bottle for the next trade. Got to help a guy, at least until they get an Alko branch in Vaasa.

Thanks for organising this again.

BTW, is it true that no-one's coming/going from Tampere??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus Kelloniemi
Finland
Lappeenranta
Etelä-Karjala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teppolainen wrote:
I'll try to get a bottle for the next trade. Got to help a guy, at least until they get an Alko branch in Vaasa.

I am just trying to get rid off the reputation that some people here might have own distilleries. Which is only a rumour and not true, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teppolainen wrote:

Not a clue. Perhaps we should have offered more alcohol...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teppo Saarinen
Finland
Piikkiö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a clue. Perhaps we should have offered more alcohol...
True, that usually works with the Tamperelaiset. And Vaasa. And...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were no complaints, and so the results stand.

For all trades, please use the BGG trade manager. A more direct way to do it is to click on the OLWLG results page, scroll down to your username, and then click on the username of the user that you are giving items to. This will automatically open the BGG trade manager, where you can check off what games you are giving.

Set the expiration date for the trade offer as 30 days. I, for one, always include this text in the note or address bar:
Quote:

Note to all senders: Please keep the receipt from the post office, and if possible, take a picture of the game before sending it, to track any possible damage to it. I take pictures of all games before I send them.
I actually do this. It helps immensely, and I have peace of mind.

When I later leave feedback, I use this template to keep it as objective as I can:
Quote:
||| JunaCon III Math Trade /// GAME /// Received: DATE /// Packing: DESCRIPTION (e.g. cardboard box, styrofoam) OR "N/A - face to face meeting" /// Condition: DESCRIPTION |||
Among the many reasons for using the BGG trade manager are:
- It keeps track of where games went.
- It allows for feedback to be given, keeping traders accountable.
- It gives you a good trade rating, which is an advantage in other, direct trades.

Please make sure to have marked items you are giving as "For trade" within BGG. Givers of items should initiate the process, but if they for some reason forget or delay, it is ok for the recipient to do this too.

Note that I, as the math trade organiser make no guarantees for games or other items other than my own. I will respond to complaints about the math trade itself, but if you get a damaged, incorrect or incomplete item, please use the BGG trade dispute resolution process. Even in math trades, I check the trade ratings of users that offer games I put in my want lists

Logistics

There will be a table at JunaCon for the math traders to leave and pick up their games. I will try to have it as close to the registration table as possible, but if in doubt, ask.

Please mark games with a post-it note:
FROM [YOUR NICKNAME]
TO [RECIPIENT'S NICKNAME]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls