Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: Einstürzende Neubauten fanMicrobadge: Wargame Design HobbyistMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Colonial Twilight fanMicrobadge: Canadian Wargamer
I really liked this game and played it a lot back in the day. It was designed by Chuck Kamps, who also worked on the series of games that ran in Strategy and Tactics magazine on future conflict in Germany that also never came to pass: Fifth Corps, Hof Gap, BAOR, North German Plain, Donau Front. Kamps also did Nordkapp, which is kind of the same situation as Central Command but up in Norway, and you may find it interesting.

I liked the way the sub-systems meshed with each other, and the decisions players had to make.

Another game on the same subject, but more intricate is 3W's Light Division.

Thanks for the review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Microbadge: Einstürzende Neubauten fanMicrobadge: Wargame Design HobbyistMicrobadge: Platinum Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Colonial Twilight fanMicrobadge: Canadian Wargamer
I like Central Command best of all. I've played the Central Front series of games but this one moved the fastest and had me involved most in the experience. Nicest looking map of the bunch, too.

Thank you for the compliment on Battle for China!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Berlin 85 is also one of my favourites, though the Modern Battles system is maybe too mobile for the situation. JOe Miranda has tried to address this with his Manila 45 and Leningrad 41 games, which are all about urban combat but are not overly complex.

Unfortunately I do not have any copies of Algeria to trade.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Glad to hear it Takashi!
I hope you enjnoy it.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls