22 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Asia » Malaysia

Subject: Game stores in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Hi, I'm going to be visiting KL in mid-September and was wondering if there were any game shops that to visit in the area?

Thanks! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Richard

Welcome to sunny malaysia.

You can get games from the following places/location, the name of the shop is in brackets
- KLCC and Midvalley (ROOM): boardgames etc
- 1 Utama (Toys in Motion): boardgames etc
- Damansara Jaya (Games Circle): Warhammer

If all else fails, visit my fren Edwin's homepage at http://homepage.mac.com/imagine_newszine/Personal16.html. He's the one distributing all those games to the above shops. He can get you set up with some gaming sessions if you fancy that. Email him at imagine_newszine_nospam@mac.com

(As usual remove "_nospam" from the email addr)

I'm trying to plan for a gaming club over here too. If you want to drop by my office for a few round of games, pls you are most welcome. Maybe get Edwin and some of his frens together and we do a few gaming rounds. You can reach me at jack208_nospam@pd.jaring.my

Cheers and enjoy your stay in Malaysia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
Hi there!

Heard about this thread from Jeffrey... thanks buddy!

Well, if you can shift your trip to KL to 3-4 December, I assure you that you will have no regrets as those are the days of GAMECON-1 - the biggest game convention this side of earth!

Otherwise, just email us if you would like to join a gaming session. At the moment, weekly gaming sessions are:
Games Circle - Friday nights 8pm - midnight; Saturdays 3pm - midnight; Sundays 3pm - 9pm.
This is the most "mixed" gaming place at the moment. At any one time, you would find gamers playing Warhammer40k, Warhammer Fantasy, Confrontation, Warmachine, D&D rpg, euro games, etc.

If you are looking to touch & feel games, then the stores Jeffrey recommended are spot on. Otherwise, check out our webstore. We do a next day delivery to you. Prices on the webstore are about 10% lower than in stores.

Enjoy your visit!
MAC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard is a deadly gamer. Just be careful. I suggest ganging up on him. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latria wrote:
Ganging up on him? Oh no no.. we are such honest-do-good people that such thoughts never crossed our mind.

But I suppose he has not heard of those HK mahjong games where one party vs three parties? hehehe....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Latria wrote:
Sure. What Siow Hwee fails to mention is that he won the game of Modern Art that we played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Thanks to Mac and Jeffrey for the information! I'm definitely only interested in eurogames at this time, though I would always be happy to meet fellow Asian BGGers.

Mac, for the delivery, how is it done? Can I have the delivery made to my hotel and pay in cash? Are the games on your website the only ones you have in stock? The only game I see there than sparks my interest is Magna Grecia...

Anyway, will definitely try to get around to visit one or two of the stores, depending on proximity to my hotel.

Cheers,
Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Champion Eternal
Malaysia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Richard

Drop us an email when you have confirmed your time of stay. I am also one of the gamers at Game Circle and look forward to meeting up. Gaming in GC and Edwin's Test Drive are really fun and they provide very good after sales support.

If you like, you are welcome to join my yahoo group which has members mostly from SE Asia and Australia:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheWargamesPortal/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also go to singapore easily right? I bet there are some nice game stores there too. And also that Settler Cafe in Singapore, can't find something like that in US. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
Hi Richard!

Yup, all you have to do is email us with your order, and we deliver next day (within KL), and you just pay COD to our despatch. Email today, play tomorrow...

Unfortunately as we only started developing the market in November, we have played it safe with award winners and new releases which we think will win awards. This means that we do not carry the full range from the publishers we represent - Fantasy Flight, Days of Wonder, Rio Grande, Uberplay, Eagle, Face2Face, Atlas, Shrapnel. Our partner carries a full range of Avalon Hill games though.

Let us know in advance what titles you are looking for. We do have a small range of more specialized games which is not posted online, as we do have gamers looking for the more specialized stuff. This long list includes - Attika, Troia, Das Amulet, Serenissma, Traumfabrik, Tongiaki, Metro, Hybrid, etc.

Please email us directly at imagine_newszine@mac.com formore information.

And yes, if you do drop by Singapore, you can find more variety at either Paradigm Infinitum or Settlers cafe.

Cheers
MAC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wong
Singapore
Singapore
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittyangel wrote:
You can also go to singapore easily right? I bet there are some nice game stores there too. And also that Settler Cafe in Singapore, can't find something like that in US. =)
Wow ... I did not know that Settler's Cafe is that well known outside the country. Feels good to be working there mwahahahaha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
New address for Imagine Games blog:store is:

http://web.mac.com/imagine_newszine

Email remains the same:

imagine_newszine@mac.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We now have a webstore all ready to take your orders with over 100 games!

www.boardgamecafe.net/store

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanizan Herman
Malaysia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jack208 wrote:

i cannot enter the page.. it display blank page with only the logo.. the problem arise since last week.. i dunno wether is it my computer or it affects all of the visitors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mv78 wrote:
jack208 wrote:

i cannot enter the page.. it display blank page with only the logo.. the problem arise since last week.. i dunno wether is it my computer or it affects all of the visitors?
The webstore home page looks ok from my end. Can you try on another computer and see if it's giving you the same problem? Other customers I know of have been browsing the webstore.

anyway u already have my number and email. Just drop me a note if you want to inquire about anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanizan Herman
Malaysia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jack208 wrote:
mv78 wrote:
jack208 wrote:

The webstore home page looks ok from my end. Can you try on another computer and see if it's giving you the same problem? Other customers I know of have been browsing the webstore.

anyway u already have my number and email. Just drop me a note if you want to inquire about anything.
the problem is already solve. the problem only occur when i use mozilla firefox. it should not bring any problem when i use internet explorer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aik Yong Heng
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
Visit me @ aikyong.com!
badge
This is Bubbles the pig and his best friend is Panda!
mbmbmbmbmb
i use mozilla firefox and it looks fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alam Persada
Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta Selatan
flag msg tools
mb
DO you know any store in Kuala Lumpur that has Sentinels Of The Multiverse :Vengeance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
RagingKen wrote:
DO you know any store in Kuala Lumpur that has Sentinels Of The Multiverse :Vengeance?
Tried to find a copy for you, but none of the FLGS are carrying it (well at least shops that I know of). Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen yong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Fawkes wrote:
Hi, I'm going to be visiting KL in mid-September and was wondering if there were any game shops that to visit in the area?

Thanks! meeple
in KL you can try a new board games cafe , HobbyNCoffee Board Games Cafe ( http://www.hobbyNcoffee.com )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeples Cafe
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

We're a board game cafe / game retailer located in Subang Jaya (KL suburb)!

We have over 400 board games for play in the cafe & sell over 2000 board game titles! (see the full list here: http://www.meeples.com.my/game-list.php)

Feel free to visit us or check us out at http://www.meeples.com.my/

Cheers,
Log
The Meeples Team

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Elite
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Boardgame Elite where Deliver KS exclusive game only,they are online retailer who pledge KS games from around the world to fulfill customer need, they are base on Selangor, check them out on facebook, it's still new but ya check it out https://www.facebook.com/boardgamelite/

P.S free delivery and shipping around malaysia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls