Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the game has entered the first part of the production phase with the publisher I can begin to provide some more information about it.

I'll use this topic as a production F.A.Q., adding questions along the way. Feel free to ask!

Q: What kind of game is Gnominia?
A: The best description could be "a deck building game without the deck". It uses cards and dice to provide a somehow similar experience to deck building games such as Dominion or Ascension, yet mostly different.

Q: Is the game similar to Quarriors?
A: Absolutely not. They have almost nothing in common, except for the use of some dice.

Q: What is the setting of the game?
A: Currently it is a fantasy game based around a village of gnomes. I say "currently" because in this pre-production phase the theme and setting could be changed by the publisher. So, don't be shocked if in the end it will arrive on shelves with a sci-fi or pirate or zombie setting. Even if I would personally avoid the last one, a little bit TOO MUCH used recently.

Q: What is the players range for Gnominia?
A: The game works very well with 2, 3 or 4 players. The amount of interaction between players changes according to the initial setup of the game, so the experience can be tailored to the preferences of the gaming group (or be decided by fate with a random setup)

Q: It the game suited for a single player experience?
A: Absolutely yes. Gnominia includes a solitaire setting which can be "configured" with different initial setup. Think of them as difficulty levels.

Q: How long is a game of Gnominia?
A: Depending on the number of players and on the setup, it could take 20 to 30 minutes. About 15 minutes for a solitaire game.

Q: Is the game language-dependent?
A: No, apart from the names of the cards. Everything else is "written" with symbols.

Q: Is "Gnominia" the definitive title?
A: As per the setting, no. It is up to the publisher to decide the final title of the game.

Q: When will Gnominia be released?
A: To be announced. Most probably by end of 2012.

Q: Will Gnonimia be expandable?
A: Most probably it will. Yet, the game I provided to the publisher is a complete, stand alone game. I have not thought about expansions right now, as I consider it a complete game with a good longevity (due to the different setup players can choose). In the future... who knows?

Adding a pair of questions made me by players:
Q: Will Gnominia be on Kickstarter?
A: Not to my knowledge. Most probably not.

Q: Will the game be released in Italy only?
A: No. It will be available in several countries. More on this to come, as international publishers are still a secret (even to me! )

Q: Will Gnominia use custom dice?
A: No. It just uses regular 6-sided dice. Oh, and one 4-sided die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Fail
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no no NO zombies. There are plenty of those games for zombie fans already and I know a variety of people who would NOT buy it even if the mechanics made it a rating of 10, just because they're on zombie overload.

Please. nothing against zombies, it's just too too much, and there's so many under-utilized awesome themes out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sarebear62 wrote:
no no NO zombies. There are plenty of those games for zombie fans already and I know a variety of people who would NOT buy it even if the mechanics made it a rating of 10, just because they're on zombie overload.

Please. nothing against zombies, it's just too too much, and there's so many under-utilized awesome themes out there.

Look, I can mostly assure that no zombie will be harmed in the making of this game.

(can't guarantee about necromancy, though...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the status of this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
What is the status of this game?

Hello and thanks for asking!

The game went through a major re-development in terms of theme and so on, due to publisher's request.

On saturday I'll check the latest revision and try to understand the with italian publisher when it will be published.

I'll keep you informed as soon as I have official (and spreadable ) news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.