Subject: Board Games shops in London? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ahmed Alabbasi
Bahrain
Springfield Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
I was suppose to write Arabic Words, but BGG don't sport that, so you have to live up with this..
badge
Before you head to the desert, make sure you have your own falcon....
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

A friend of mine is visiting London (United Kingdom) at the moment, and I want him to get me several games from there, I would appreciate if you could provide me with the names of good places and in which part of London they can be found? or perhaps websites to buy from if it's better and faster to get the games through?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahmed

Only really two proper board game shops in London (there are some others that might stock a few games) Orc's nest which is just off Cambridge Circus in central London.

http://www.orcsnest.com/

The other one is Leisure games in North London. This has a lot more older games that Orc's nest.

http://www.leisuregames.com/

Also you can usually order online from www.boardgameguru.co.uk. Paul does not have a shop but will quite often agree to allow you to collect orders from him. (Check with him first)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
All hail Xipuloxx the Unsound!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ahmed,

As far as I know, the two John mentioned are the two main gaming shops in London. Orc's Nest is very central, about 5 minutes' walk from Oxford Street. The shop is small but does have some good stuff.

Leisure Games is much further out, in Finchley which is nowhere near central London really. But it is very good indeed.

Another possibility is Forbidden Planet London, which is in Shaftesbury Avenue, very close to the Orc's Nest (pretty much just round the corner). It's not primarily a gaming shop, and is more worth checking out for its huge range of science fiction-related books and merchandise, but it does have some of the more popular stuff. When visiting London I have picked up stuff there like the odd Carcassonne expansion, cheaper than the Orc's Nest had them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls