Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The blog thread http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/9073?commentid=2849230#com... is pretty long to load, to the point where I am avoiding the "Next Subscription" button.

I'm not sure why, but the performance is bad enough that I'd consider it a "bug".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There could be an issue with loading blog posts with a lot of comments. This won't be an issue after the redesign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
galfridus wrote:
I'm not sure why, but the performance is bad enough that I'd consider it a "bug".
I waited until I had 50 unread comments in the thread, then hit them all at once. Not an ideal solution, but it is a solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
galfridus wrote:
The blog thread http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/9073?commentid=2849230#com... is pretty long to load, to the point where I am avoiding the "Next Subscription" button.

I unsubscribed now, partly because I no longer care but also due to that same issue. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's broken. The forum, not the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom moughan
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
ahh....I love the smell of a stack of sketchily placed animals in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Maybe it's broken. The forum, not the game.

Sorry guys...I used the BB Strategy on it and now you'll have to wait for the errata.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Blogs need paging added to them, just like normal forum threads have paging. Lack of paging is what's slowing down the page load.

While they're at it, I hope the developers add a "Quote" button to the original blog posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
There could be an issue with loading blog posts with a lot of comments. This won't be an issue after the redesign.

Yup, beta works much better. Cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Blogs need paging added to them
The addition of a pager is one of the changes in the redesign, but I still don't see a way to quote the original blog post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
We never thought comments would grow that large... consider me wrong again. We'll try to patch it for the main site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
We never thought comments would grow that large... consider me wrong again. We'll try to patch it for the main site.

You could just delete comments at random from that post as a workaround, it's not like they are talking about anything important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not on a particularly new or fast desktop and the whole thing loaded in about 20 seconds for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Thanks for adding the blog function, it has quickly become one of my favorite parts of the site. Sorry for breaking it. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
doubtofbuddha wrote:
Aldie wrote:

Thanks for adding the blog function, it has quickly become one of my favorite parts of the site. Sorry for breaking it. whistle
But is it really broken? I get another page ready and then load that page so while it's loading I read that. Not everybody approaches loading pages the same way such that ...

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
High Level
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
doubtofbuddha wrote:
Aldie wrote:

They could use a "I broke the Geek" badge here... a few here would wear that badge of shame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls