Subject: New Store in Washougal Wa! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Teresa Williams
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a new store opening in our little town of Washougal Washington! It is called Hero Support. (Very close to Camas and Vancouver and only about a 30 minute drive from Portland if you are adventurous).

The address is 823 E Street. For those a little familiar with Washougal it is right next to the Chase bank.

They are doing their grand opening on Tuesday the 17th and I saw that they had some tweets, but I did not see them in the Retailer list here.

We are so excited to get a real game store in our little town! Come out and support these great folks. I stopped and looked in the store through the window on my way to work this morning and they look like they have a great selection of merchandise.

Thank you!
GamerWench
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I peaked through their window the other day as well. Lots of blister packs with figures, , the usual mix of CCG's, a few CMG's against one wall, and a small bunch of fairly current board games. I didn't see any room that would support in-store gaming though. It's nice to have a game store nearby. I'll give a more complete assessment after opening day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teresa Williams
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stopped in today and if you are a fan of anime, star wars and maybe magic they will have what you want. All of the board games were ones I have seen on clearance at other retailers and online game stores. Since I am a board/card gamer (not cc though) it was very disappointing. They said they can special order, but I can do that from home.
cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.C. Reid
United States
Know where
flag msg tools
No room for in store gaming? That is disappointing. I am always looking for a place to play board games in my area. I will stop by this week and check it out as well. I really hope they will have weekly board game nights so I can find more people to play Rex with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teresa Williams
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There was a table set up just as you go inside the door, maybe up to 6 people. I just don't think they are all that interested in board games. Magic tournaments and maybe some stuff like that but all the board games they have are old clearance ones. Unless they sold out of stuff in the 4 hours before I got there after the grand opening. whistle I expected at least the big sellers like Dominion, Settlers, Carcassonne and stuff, but not a single one of those. I will stop in again as it would be great to be able to meet local gamers and not have to go down to Portland, but I don't think they sell my type of gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.C. Reid
United States
Know where
flag msg tools
I stopped by Thursday afternoon to check it out. Lots amd lots of Star Wars toys, and a small selection of older board games. The owners were very nice and friendly, and were open to a weekly board game night after hours (6:00pm), but had not played any of the big selling games mentioned above. I gave my name and phone number and told them I was willing to bring a few of my own games to host a board game night and show anyone that was interested how to play some games that I already owned. Cloud Cap Games in Sellwood will always be my Wednesday night destination, but it would be nice to have someplace closer every once in a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nisha Holloway
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! I'm happy for you guys to have a new FLGS!

Next time I make the trip from Spokane to Portland, I will have to stop in Vancouver and check it out. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got there yesterday and checked it out. Did my part and bought DoW Mystery Express which surprisingly I didn't have in my collection.

Unfortunately, their board game selection is very sparse at best. Their only saving grace is they sell MtG and a few other CCGs which may keep them alive. They added two gaming tables in-store which make it really tight to move around, but at least it's something. They plan on having Wednesday boardGame nights which might interest a few locals. They've got stiff competition from other PDX game stores however it's good to have even something small local.

The enthusiastic sales clerk didn't know what boardgamegeek was so I brought her up to speed but didn't reveal my secret identity. They seemed like friendly folks willing to assist or order what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hancock
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just moved to Washougal and was glad to hear of a local store. Unfortunately the stock for boardgames was very limited. I asked if they were hooked up to a distributor for games, but they are going directly to some of the lighter fare companies directly (Playroom, for example). They did have some tables in the back for gaming, but with Friday and Saturday tied into CCGs, and them being closed on Sunday, it will be difficult for me to support them much

Washougal has been looking fairly sparse for boardgaming thus far, so I was hoping this would help find some connections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls