Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny H
China
Dongguan
Guangdong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saddly none as I know. If you wanna buy games use Taobao, dude.

Edit:Noticed that you are not a Chinese. FYI Taobao is an online mall for all kind of stuffs including boardgames of coz, search for stores like 一刻馆, 天X天 or 棋乐无穷, they are all online boardgame stores in Taobao, or you could just search for the very game you like to buy.

Here's the link: www.taobaoenglish.com
Here's another link if you reads Chinese: www.taobao.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lowell Drake
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross over to HK. Small game store in Kowloon that carries major title games. Limited selection (I had more games in China than they have) but you'll probably see something you like. My Chinese friends LOVED Clue, which you can buy (in Chinese) at a Chinese Walmart, along with Risk and Monopoly if you're that desperate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PublicEnemy wrote:
Saddly none as I know. If you wanna buy games use Taobao, dude.

Edit:Noticed that you are not a Chinese. FYI Taobao is an online mall for all kind of stuffs including boardgames of coz, search for stores like 一刻馆, 天X天 or 棋乐无穷, they are all online boardgame stores in Taobao, or you could just search for the very game you like to buy.

Here's the link: www.taobaoenglish.com
Here's another link if you reads Chinese: www.taobao.com
I didn't think to check taobao, as I had assumed there would be no wargames. I can read and write CHN without any trouble. Do they generally translate the game names or should I be searching in for correct titles?

L4D2 wrote:
Cross over to HK. Small game store in Kowloon that carries major title games. Limited selection (I had more games in China than they have) but you'll probably see something you like. My Chinese friends LOVED Clue, which you can buy (in Chinese) at a Chinese Walmart, along with Risk and Monopoly if you're that desperate.
Didn't have time to cross over as I was just in town for 3 days on business. Maybe next time though. I know there is a wargaming group there that operates a decent webstore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turns out that HK club is on Taobao now:

http://wargamesclub.taobao.com/

Decent prices too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shad wrote:
I didn't think to check taobao, as I had assumed there would be no wargames. I can read and write CHN without any trouble. Do they generally translate the game names or should I be searching in for correct titles?
Um, taobao has everything.

Many/most games get translated titles if there's a local production. Many games can be found which are simply imported (more expensive, obviously). In any case, the English name will almost always also work, whether or not there is also a localized name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls