14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: SM-kisat 2012 Math Trade discussion thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
SM-kisat 2012 websites:
http://www.lautapeliseura.fi/index.php?id=174
http://www.lautapeliseura.fi/foorumi/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108...
http://www.lautapeliseura.fi/foorumi/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=111...

Ask questions and request games here.

The GeekList:
SM-kisat 2012 Math Trade

The deadlines:
Deadline to add games: Sunday, May 6th 2012, 23:00
Deadline to submit want lists: Sunday, May 13th 2012, 23:00

---------------

---------------

Do not give or send any games yet!
All participants have now 24 hours to report any problems to me.

RESULTS FINAL - TRADE AWAY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Below are the raw results, and for a more user-friendly presentation, you can head over to http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

TradeMaximizer Version 1.4a
Options: ALLOW-DUMMIES REQUIRE-COLONS REQUIRE-USERNAMES HIDE-NONTRADES SHOW-ELAPSED-TIME

Input Checksum: c112b33be1ad5cf35c7f03948db45c
TRADE LOOPS (16 total trades):

(JUMATAKE) 0052-CARAST receives (SALATTU) 0042-CHINA
(SALATTU) 0042-CHINA receives (TANAR) 0081-AN1CT
(TANAR) 0081-AN1CT receives (JUMATAKE) 0053-ANP1
(JUMATAKE) 0053-ANP1 receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0064-CARMAG
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0064-CARMAG receives (JUMATAKE) 0059-LEM
(JUMATAKE) 0059-LEM receives (TREISI) 0094-DIPLO
(TREISI) 0094-DIPLO receives (PERICLES1958) 0009-THRON
(PERICLES1958) 0009-THRON receives (JUMATAKE) 0103-GOA
(JUMATAKE) 0103-GOA receives (TANAR) 0036-CHAINC
(TANAR) 0036-CHAINC receives (JUMATAKE) 0054-SOCCG
(JUMATAKE) 0054-SOCCG receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0063-CHINA
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0063-CHINA receives (SALATTU) 0061-CHINA
(SALATTU) 0061-CHINA receives (TANAR) 0080-AN1CT
(TANAR) 0080-AN1CT receives (TREISI) 0097-LCTBG
(TREISI) 0097-LCTBG receives (SALATTU) 0043-ANBAPAFFATDBFBG
(SALATTU) 0043-ANBAPAFFATDBFBG receives (JUMATAKE) 0052-CARAST

ITEM SUMMARY (16 total trades):

(JUMATAKE) 0052-CARAST receives (SALATTU) 0042-CHINA and sends to (SALATTU) 0043-ANBAPAFFATDBFBG
(JUMATAKE) 0053-ANP1 receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0064-CARMAG and sends to (TANAR) 0081-AN1CT
(JUMATAKE) 0054-SOCCG receives (TEPPOLAINEN) 0063-CHINA and sends to (TANAR) 0036-CHAINC
(JUMATAKE) 0059-LEM receives (TREISI) 0094-DIPLO and sends to (TEPPOLAINEN) 0064-CARMAG
(JUMATAKE) 0103-GOA receives (TANAR) 0036-CHAINC and sends to (PERICLES1958) 0009-THRON
(PERICLES1958) 0009-THRON receives (JUMATAKE) 0103-GOA and sends to (TREISI) 0094-DIPLO
(SALATTU) 0042-CHINA receives (TANAR) 0081-AN1CT and sends to (JUMATAKE) 0052-CARAST
(SALATTU) 0043-ANBAPAFFATDBFBG receives (JUMATAKE) 0052-CARAST and sends to (TREISI) 0097-LCTBG
(SALATTU) 0061-CHINA receives (TANAR) 0080-AN1CT and sends to (TEPPOLAINEN) 0063-CHINA
(TANAR) 0036-CHAINC receives (JUMATAKE) 0054-SOCCG and sends to (JUMATAKE) 0103-GOA
(TANAR) 0080-AN1CT receives (TREISI) 0097-LCTBG and sends to (SALATTU) 0061-CHINA
(TANAR) 0081-AN1CT receives (JUMATAKE) 0053-ANP1 and sends to (SALATTU) 0042-CHINA
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0063-CHINA receives (SALATTU) 0061-CHINA and sends to (JUMATAKE) 0054-SOCCG
(TEPPOLAINEN) 0064-CARMAG receives (JUMATAKE) 0059-LEM and sends to (JUMATAKE) 0053-ANP1
(TREISI) 0094-DIPLO receives (PERICLES1958) 0009-THRON and sends to (JUMATAKE) 0059-LEM
(TREISI) 0097-LCTBG receives (SALATTU) 0043-ANBAPAFFATDBFBG and sends to (TANAR) 0080-AN1CT

Num trades = 16 of 99 items (16.2%)
Total cost = 16 (avg 1.00)
Num groups = 1
Group sizes = 16
Sum squares = 256
Elapsed time = 0ms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Who wanted mine", official wants and results summaries are now live on OLWLG. These are useful for those that want to go and do individual side trades after the end of the MT.

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/wantedby.cgi?listid=140624
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/mostwanted.cgi?listid=1406...

And again, all the trades:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/140624-officialwants.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish the people participating would not leave it for the last minute. It would be a different and better math trade if those on the fence saw all the good games being added in the last 24 hours.

The irony is that this actually is against the interests of those participating.

Adding games early does not mean you can not sell, trade or keep them. In fact it might act as a way to advertise your games, and lead to more direct sales/trades, which of course is perfectly ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus Kelloniemi
Finland
Lappeenranta
Etelä-Karjala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kreikkaturkulainen wrote:
In fact it might act as a way to advertise your games, and lead to more direct sales/trades, which of course is perfectly ok.

So true, this can be seen on my games added on and removed from the list later, after they were sold.

That made me do some more searching for some games to trade...which were added last minute, of course.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding games is now closed. Please submit your want lists via the OLWLG. For instructions, see the GeekList header.

Feel free to post any questions to the discussion thread, I expect this to confuse some first-timers, so don't hold back.

For item-specific questions, you can ask the giver by commenting on the relevant GeekList item. Givers have to answer, otherwise their entries are marked red by the OLWLG.

Important note:

If you are not seeing the entire list on OLWLG, check to see if this shows on the top of the page:
Quote:
You are only viewing new items added since you last viewed this page. If you would like to view the entire list click here

Also, check to see for this also:
Quote:
After you are done with this step you may want to make one more pass viewing only items that are on your wish/want/etc lists, to do so click here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I would appreciate some help in advertising the trade. After all, it helps us all.

For example, several of you have posts in Kauppapaika. Why not post that you are trading and selling your games also through the Math Trade???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The results are out, see the top of this thread.

Disappointing, although expected. Frankly, I am surprised we got even these few trades that we did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Disappointing numerically, but personally I'm pleasantly surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Björklund
Finland
flag msg tools
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
badge
Overtext?! We don't need no stinking overtext! Oh wait...
mbmbmbmb
The trade might have been a bit too close to the Junacon trade and the trade before that. People might not have much to trade at moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JockiB wrote:
The trade might have been a bit too close to the Junacon trade and the trade before that. People might not have much to trade at moment.

Well the kauppapaika part of the SLS forum says otherwise. Perhaps they don't understand that buy/sell can be "trade for money", in some cases a lot more money than they would get selling through that thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus Kelloniemi
Finland
Lappeenranta
Etelä-Karjala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Salattu wrote:
Disappointing numerically, but personally I'm pleasantly surprised.

Me too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus Kelloniemi
Finland
Lappeenranta
Etelä-Karjala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kreikkaturkulainen wrote:
JockiB wrote:

Well the kauppapaika part of the SLS forum says otherwise. Perhaps they don't understand that buy/sell can be "trade for money", in some cases a lot more money than they would get selling through that thread.

At least I had, but I did notice that there were not so much for me in the trade. Plus the games that I did get sold via kauppapaikka, were for a good price and postage included.

Anyway, for the next trade(s) I'll freeze the selling through kauppapaikka, just because it is too much trouble to update both lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you expecting games from Vaasa, I will be picking them up from the post office on Saturday at the latest. They open at 10:00 and as the SM-Kisat starts at 09:30 or so, they will be there slightly late. Whoever is sending games to Vaasa can give them to me, or leave them at the table that will be there, and I will pick them up at the end of the event. If for some reason you need special arrangements, GeekMail me to get my cell number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls