Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been reading up on Ground Floor and I am impressed enough to consider kick-staring this game (for delivery in October).

However, to save delivery costs to the UK, it is best to get 6 copies of the game (@$260 / 6 = $43.33 = £27.24 per game + possible import tax). One UK group has already formed a 12, but I missed out on that!

I have therefore post on the following thread asking for other interested gamers to join me to make up a 6.

If anyone else from EGC is interested in kick-starting Ground Floor, please let me know ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Agius
United Kingdom
Brentford
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting, I'll definitely play your copy if/when you get it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto.

Although the designers game choices/ratings and mine seem to coincide a great deal, perhaps I would like a game he designed too........?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still looking for 2 more games to back this from the UK. Hopefully that will happen before the funding period ends in about 40 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hewson
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
I bought this...
badge
...as I had no idea what to spend my GG on!
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew, not sure if you've noticed, but they are now offering Essen 2012 pickup, I'd be happy to mule back a copy for you if it saves you some money (assuming you're not going yourself) as we're driving this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Russ

That's very kind - but because I'm now organizing a 6-pack, you would need to bring back 6 copies for it to work for my group!

I presume that is too many?

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Hewson
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
I bought this...
badge
...as I had no idea what to spend my GG on!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah right, so you got the 6 together...I presume it wouldn't save much money then. Any idea how big the box is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhtoff wrote:
Ah right, so you got the 6 together...I presume it wouldn't save much money then. Any idea how big the box is?

The only saving would be any import tax - which won't be known until the time of delivery. TMG have not announced the size of the box (to my knowledge, at least).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bond
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Ground Floor got its ask-for funding of $15 000 ... by a long margin. $116 000 pledged in the end, so all backers get the dice game Skyline as well.

This game was struggling to reach $75 000 wih just 48 hours to go and has just shot through by a further $40k! Amazing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.