Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Webb
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New store opened in West Little Rock last week called Game Goblins. Teamgoatchris and I went up there last week and its shaping up to be a very nice game store. Like a lot of FLGSs, they are heavy on CCGs and Warhammer, but they have a good selection of board games, friendly guys running the place and a good space for gaming. Also, they're next door to Senor Tequila's, so that's a plus.

They're on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/GameGoblins and they said they'd be putting up a website for ordering in the near future. Best of all, they said they'd knock 10% off special orders. So, if you're in Little Rock, swing by and say hi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Park
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's one in Clarksville, too, though it looks like it might be mostly cards. I'm expatriated myself, but I've been looking for gaming communities in the River Valley for my father, who will be looking to get a copy of Eclipse and for people to play it with when the reprint hits. Looks like I know where to send him for the game. Any River Valley folks see this, drop me a line.

Nice to know there is place I can stop when flying home. One thing about Arkansas, you can have a drive in front of you for geek culture stuff sometimes. Back in the day, I had to drive from Russellville to Little Rock for my comics. We had a game shop VERY briefly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure I saw Eclipse on the shelf last time I was there. But that was a week ago, so there's no telling whether it is still there or not. We recently lost our only comic book store in Hot Springs, so it's at least an hour drive to a brick and mortar store for us now too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Glatter
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went by the store today they are very local to me, within a 5 min drive. I went in wanting to look at magic as I have never played and have been looking into getting started with Friday night magic. My girlfriend and I went and we were impressed with the size, great area for gaming, probably around 12-15 tables located towards the rear of the store, there were a few people around. We looked at the board games they had on the shelves and they had a wide selection in my opinion. Everything from war games including axis and allies(they have a store copy also) to the standards of settlers and dominion. Prices were full retail which is understandable. They also had RPG books and an entire wall dedicated to warhammer. They had paints and all sorts of things like that. They also had magic of course, singles and the packages.

As I said I went in wanting to learn more about magic, so mentioned to one of the owners and he said sure let me show you, he got out 6 starter sets and let us choose what looked good to us, he described the basics of the decks then brought us to a table and spent around an hour-hour and a half explaining the rules and playing through a game. Then at the end he let us keep the starter decks of cards. We did not spend a penny but spending time teaching us the game and talking with us we both decided we would be back for board game nights and some magic nights as well.

They said board game nights are on thursdays and they had enough the first week for one group. They wanted some more of course and I have to say we will be joining them this coming week for board game night. If you are in the Little Rock area make sure to check them out. I think west little rock is a great location for a game store and the closest being sherwood or conway other than WLR it is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls