Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stiletto Blade
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on vacation (from the USA), and I'll be in Munich for the next couple of days. Can anyone suggest a good board game store to visit while I'm here? My hotel is near the Leienfelsstrasse stop on the S4 S-bahn, and I'll be spending most of my time in the inner fare zone.

Also, if anyone can suggest a hot game I should pick up while here that's hard/impossible to find in the US, I might be able to squeeze more than an expansion in my luggage.

Thanks!
Stilettoblade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stiletto Blade
United States
Wheat Ridge
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And then the search function decided to work for me. I found the "FLGS of the world" thread at http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302/flgs-of-the-world... and located a couple of places to check out. I'd still welcome suggestions on hot games to look for that I won't find back home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
badge
fghfghfg
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am currently visiting Dusseldorf, and recently visited Hamburg and went to about 6 specialized BG shops in total. Here is my take on German BG stores:
- They carry ~50 good boardgames
- Nearly all theses games would be twice the price on CSI.
- Most of the games would be in German
- The BEST PLACE to find cheap games is Galeria Kaufhoff that can be found in all major german cities, and often there are several stores quite close one to another. You would find there many Queen Games games with a large number of them at 5-10 euros. Even games at full price would be around 25E.
-- Remember that when purchasing in a store for more than 25E you can have a partial tax refund (~10% off the price)
- Another place to find games is "Karstadt", but they have higher prices

Enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obletter in Karlsplatz is the one I know in Munich. Prices aren't really good (MSRP for just about everything) but there are occasional clearance items, or at least there were back in 2004/5 when I was last there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
There used to be a really good Spielwarren (toy store) across from the Glockenspiel on Marienplatz, right downtown. Of course that was 30 years ago. It was more of the FLGS/hobby type store you could find good games in. There's always Kaufhof that's worth checking out, also downtown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls