5 Posts

Lost Battles» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Opening moves - Marathon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Until now I have only used historical deployments.
In two games I tried a probably uncommon approach for the Greek player:
In turn 2 I ignored the cavalry and moved and express moved as many units as possible into the Persian right (priority) and left (as much as is left) centre, imposing a morale -1 modifier on the Persians.
In turn 3 I concentrated my attacks on the archers in the Persian left rear, causing panics and possibly getting rid of the enemy leader.
The Greeks won both battles but I did not have time to tally the final scores, so I don't know if it was a game victory, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redfred666 wrote:
I'll try this move next time we play to see what happens.

Maybe you'll find the flaw in my plan, e.g. a good way for the Persian to use the now free cavalry.

P.S.: I added a link to this thread to the wiki page "Lost Battles".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.