Subject: Cult of the Tweeners Math Trade (2005 - 2009) - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
*** Due to unforeseen circumstances, tonight's deadline for posting games will be extended by a few extra hours. No other deadlines will be changed, unless absolutely warranted. ***

We all knew this was coming, so here it is. Here's your chance to get rid of all your junk from years 2005 to 2009.

Please make sure to read through the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. Pay particular attention to rule #1.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades: Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Cult of the Tweeners Math Trade (2005 - 2009)

Request GeekList: Cult of the Tweeners Math Trade (2005 - 2009) - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Thursday May 17th (9:00 PM EDT) to Tuesday May 22nd (9:00 PM EDT)

Want List Submissions: Tuesday May 22nd (9:00 PM EDT) to Thursday May 24th (11:00 PM EDT)

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Only boardgames, RPG's and videogames released in the years 2005 to 2009 are allowed to be put up for trade. CD's, DVD's and books released during those years will also be allowed for this math trade. Geek Gold and Gift Certificates will be allowed for this trade, but GG and GC arbitrage is forbidden.

2. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

3. Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown menu or manually inserted using the GAMEID link. If you don't follow this format your sweeteners will not show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You must clearly state your shipping policies for this math trade. At a minimum, you shall be required to cover shipping to your own country's contiguous mainland (sorry AK & HI). If you fail to state your shipping policy, it will be assumed that you will ship anywhere in the world for free!

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweetners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012, 9:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Thursday May 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Cult of the Tweeners Math Trade (2005 - 2009) - Discussion
# MISSING x WANTS (0.0%) FROM x USER(s) (0.0%):

Num trades = 0 of 0 items (0.0%)
Users Trading = 0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Cult of the Tweeners Math Trade (2005 - 2009) - Discussion
Official Wants =

Results (OLWLG) =

Results (TXT) =

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing the tweeners!! Most of my trade games fall into this category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
eekamouse wrote:
Same here. Didn't really have much to add to either of the other two math trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY!!!!
Thanks for doing this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Forgot to mention that any help policing the math trade for illegal entries (aka items not from the designated years) would be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Crawford
United States
Pacifica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
Yeah, too bad most of my Wants are not in this category...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear, are we talking the date published shown on BGG? Some reprints/newer editions may have a different date. I just don't want to add anything out-of-bounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Monkeyman wrote:
Just to be clear, are we talking the date published shown on BGG? Some reprints/newer editions may have a different date. I just don't want to add anything out-of-bounds.
As long as the date of the printing/version is between the given years, it's valid to post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoic Bird
United States
Fairport
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Forgot to mention that any help policing the math trade for illegal entries (aka items not from the designated years) would be helpful.
Yeah, I had a much easier job than you or Albert in that regard - Ctrl-F, 6 search terms ("(201" covered everything new) was all it took for me. That's why I used BGG year as a cutoff.

Well, that, and to avoid arguments about what was a version vs. a new game - which was still only partially successful, but I don't think anyone got really upset, so I'll call it a win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
VolcanoLotus wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Yeah, I had a much easier job than you or Albert in that regard - Ctrl-F, 6 search terms ("(201" covered everything new) was all it took for me. That's why I used BGG year as a cutoff.

Well, that, and to avoid arguments about what was a version vs. a new game - which was still only partially successful, but I don't think anyone got really upset, so I'll call it a win
I'm trying to be pretty lax with the rules here in terms of different versions or editions. Unless I see someone blatantly posting whatever games they want of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cavan Cunningham
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: If you feel your game is worth 2 other games being offered, but they're not an item + sweetener, they're 2 separate listings (by the same owner), is there anyway to make those 2 games a "want" item as a pair?
Thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cpcunningham wrote:
Question: If you feel your game is worth 2 other games being offered, but they're not an item + sweetener, they're 2 separate listings (by the same owner), is there anyway to make those 2 games a "want" item as a pair?
Thx.
No, there isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DigitalMan
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Fretboard Gamer
badge
p/g
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeyman wrote:
cpcunningham wrote:
Thx.
No, there isn't.
That'd be cool, though. (But probably difficult to implement, and would make submitting want lists even more complicated.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
On other math trades, people have blanked (NOT deleted) the second item, and added it as a sweetener to the first. Is that not allowed in this math trade?

Either way, it's not a guarantee you'll get the two for your game. Another alternative is to offer the one game for those two if none of them are traded during the math trade, though that is unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to see if this was a 'legal' item...

I have Family Business 3rd edition from 2008 that I was going to include as a sweetener since it falls within the allowed range, however the database uses the earliest date which is 1982. So would this item be allow or not allowed?

Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick R
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Just wanted to see if this was a 'legal' item...

I have Family Business 3rd edition from 2008 that I was going to include as a sweetener since it falls within the allowed range, however the database uses the earliest date which is 1982. So would this item be allow or not allowed?
Cannibal Ox wrote:
As long as the date of the printing/version is between the given years, it's valid to post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Something unexpected has come up tonight around the deadline for posting items to this math trade. Would everyone prefer I pull in the deadline by an hour or let it run for an extra hour or two instead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind either way. But I think it would be better to push the deadline back at this short of notice than to pull it forward, so nobody's surprised when they come on and find they can't post their final games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Dolus wrote:
I don't mind either way. But I think it would be better to push the deadline back at this short of notice than to pull it forward, so nobody's surprised when they come on and find they can't post their final games.
That's what I was leaning towards doing (but thought I'd check with the masses first).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolus wrote:
+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Bruiser419 wrote:
Dolus wrote:
+1
Ok. I'll let this thing run for the extra hour or so until I get back home. I've edited the headers to reflect this change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Alright. The trade list is now locked down and we are open for wantlist submissions.

Sorry again for the unforeseen delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Heffernan
Canada
Smiths Falls
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case it matters to anyone, I'm submitting a blank want list for item #2 (Age of Conan) as I didn't see anything I wanted to trade it for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |