David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

My family is making a run from Waterloo, Ontario to Louisville, Kentucky this July for a visit with some friends of my wife for a few days. I'll be passing through Detroit, Toledo, Dayton and Cincinnati on my way and wondered if anyone could recommend any outstanding board game stores in those places.

They'd need to be outstanding as I'm spoiled with J&J's here in Waterloo, which is both a few minutes walk from my work, and also happens to be one of Canada very finest brick-and-mortar board game stores. I also need to convince my better half to actually stop enroute.

So, with that high mark in mind, are there any great brick and mortar board game worth considering?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd mewborn
United States
toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boards and Bits' warehouse is in Toledo if you are looking to save some money. Not really a place to walk up and down isle, but great prices. http://www.boardsandbits.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yottaquest Fantasy Gaming
7607 Hamilton Ave.
Ph.: 513 923 1985
Web: www.yottaquest.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
Who has two thumbs and likes Tacos....?
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
tmewborn wrote:
Boards and Bits' warehouse is in Toledo if you are looking to save some money. Not really a place to walk up and down isle, but great prices. http://www.boardsandbits.com/

what he said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
kcskedz wrote:
tmewborn wrote:

what he said.

What they said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Barlow

Cleves
Ohio
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Yottaquest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Duke
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having never been to J&J's I've got to give a shout out for my FLGS, Epic Loot, on Ohio 48 in Centerville. It's clean, friendly, and well stocked and it will take you only 10 or 15 minutes off of I75.

On a side note I like to stop at the Bass Pro shop outside Bowling Green
for cheap Plano boxes on my way to Detroit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
avsfan wrote:
+1 to Yottaquest.

Another +1 to Yottaquest. You can get from I-75 to Yottaquest in probably under 10 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shore
United States
Georgetown
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

The best shop in Louisville is BluegrassMagic GameShop while they may not have the largest selection of games for sale they definitely have the largest and cleanest play area around. Our game group loves it and meets here several time a week!

BluegrassMagic GameShop - google directions
5629 Outer Loop,
Louisville, KY 40219

502-964-1170

If you are coming to Louisville we'd love to have you as a guest at one of our meetups! Check out our site:

Louisville Card Board Gamers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls