Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Use this thread for discussion and requests for the Austin Board Game Bash 2012 No-Ship Math Trade

Trade List: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/143589/austin-board-ga...

...and also for the Austin Board Game Bash Virtual Flea Market

Trade List: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/144240/austin-board-ga...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The trade date will be Saturday, August 4. The time is TBD. I'll look for a time that avoids all the tournaments, and Jonathan said he'll give us a room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Let me hear you hissssssss...."
mbmbmbmbmb
Requesting "Dungeon Petz".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
requesting:
a Scrabble set with a turntable

also requesting:
JAVA
Lords of Waterdeep yeah, sale: $30 on Amazon + free shipping!
Kingsburg
Merchants & Marauders

Feel free to look at my Trade List, I'm willing to put any of them on here, I'm driving so it's no trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sam, I'll start the virtual flea market thread in a week or so. I want to funnel as much as possible into the math trade first so it can be successful, since math trades are the most likely way for people to find trade matches (including sales, if enough people push cash entries into the trade).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm looking for
World of Warcraft: The Boardgame – BlizzCon Epic Armor Pack
Power Grid: Supply Contract
Formula De tracks I don't already have
Power grid expansions I don't already have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I'm missing something, I don't see the Math trade in http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GilgaTex wrote:
I feel like I'm missing something, I don't see the Math trade in http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/
I haven asked him to put it in yet; we have a few weeks still until submissions close. I'll ask this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Grabert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Central Texas' biggest board game convention! Every August!
badge
Board Game Bash; Austin, TX; www.boardgamebash.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick note to say that I've scheduled the trade for Saturday of the convention (August 4th) at 1 PM. The flea market will immediately follow the Math Trade.

I'm excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Digren wrote:
GilgaTex wrote:
I haven asked him to put it in yet; we have a few weeks still until submissions close. I'll ask this week.
I've asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neal T
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a list of about 36 games to add. IS there any way to add them as a batch into the geek list, or do I add them one at a time?

Also, is that the right way to add to the geek list? Click on the link above then click Add -> Board Game, and fill it out?

Sorry, first time doing this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
zyrain wrote:
I have a list of about 36 games to add. IS there any way to add them as a batch into the geek list, or do I add them one at a time?

Also, is that the right way to add to the geek list? Click on the link above then click Add -> Board Game, and fill it out?

Sorry, first time doing this.
No need to be sorry. Thanks for participating! To add items to the math trade, follow the link to the trade geek list.

On that list, at the bottom of my header post, you should see a link for "Add Item". Click that link. It will bring up a window allowing you to enter one board game, with a description, etc.

There's no way to bulk enter items into a geek list, but since math trade items generally need to be inventoried before they are listed (unless they are new in shrink) then time has to be devoted to each item anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Digren wrote:
Sam, I'll start the virtual flea market thread in a week or so. I want to funnel as much as possible into the math trade first so it can be successful, since math trades are the most likely way for people to find trade matches (including sales, if enough people push cash entries into the trade).
The virtual flea market geek list is up and ready for your fixed price sales, auctions, and trade listings.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/144240/austin-board-ga...

The math trade is still accepting new items, and remains the best way to secure a trade.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/143589/austin-board-ga...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Austin Board Game Bash 2012 No-Ship Math Trade and Virtual Flea Market Discussion Thread
The math trade is up in the on-line want list generator:
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/viewlist.cgi?listid=143589...

Please note that I haven't yet had any requests for me to help with want list generation at the South Austin Game Night / Boards and Brews Meetup at Rockin' Tomato next Tuesday. I'm happy to help, but I won't bring my laptop unless I know ahead of time that someone needs any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
At the request of the convention organizer, I have extended the item submission period for the math trade by one week. This provides more time for late-comers to list items in the math trade, while also allowing Jonathan to advertise the math trade in upcoming BGB promotions.

There is still a full week between the end of the math trade and the convention, giving time for people to fill the virtual flea market with any items that don't trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One more day left on the math trade. If you have anything left to list, do so soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The math trade item list has been locked. Submit your wants starting now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I will be at Rockin' Tomato tomorrow for help with using the OLWLG.

If you want help, you need to do some work ahead of time:

1. Go through the list of trade items and identify things you want. Bring this list Tuesday. Be sure to record both the item name and the entry number in the geek list (i.e. entry 2 is my Jet Set expansion, etc.).

2. (optional) For each item you included in the math trade, identify things you want that you would accept in exchange for your item. This is a separate list for each item you included in the math trade. If you don't do this ahead of time, we'll do part of it together Tuesday and then you'll have to finish on your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just do you know, I've been monitoring the submissions closely, running a mock trade every time there's a new submission.

We're currently at 47% of traders submitted, and, with this afternoon's entries from Sam Houson, I'm please to report that we have our first trades! There's one trade loop with three traders.*

That said, we're only at 36% submission for items, due to one user having almost a third of the items and not yet submitting his want list. So I'm very hopeful that the numbers will scale up as more people, particularly him, submit their wants.**

*Please note: this doesn't mean any given person has a guaranteed trade yet, as things can change when more people submit their want lists.

**Yes yes, I haven't done mine yet either. Only one person with an item on my want list has submitted already, so I'm not making or breaking any big trade chains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Of the items with submitted want lists, about 10% are now trading. I wouldn't call this excellent, but it's good, and should only go up with the remaining want list submissions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am so ready for the results!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With two and a half hours before want list submission closes, I assume everyone who plans to submit a want list has done so. I don't see any with pending unsubmitted edits.

That said, things look great right now! After our infallible convention organizer submitted his wants this afternoon, I ran what should be a final test run.

As of right now:

- 17 of the 21 people in the math trade are getting a trade! Of the remaining four people, one has a pretty small want list, one had just one item which is on no one else's want list *, one submitted a blank want list, and one didn't submit a wantlist, so overall I feel pretty good.

- There are 43 total trades! The loops are 31, 5, 3, 2, and 2.

- One person has 7 trades, and someone else has 6, with others at 4, 3, 2, and 1 each.

* Actually, my wife may want that item. Let me check, and if so, I'll see if it's possible to create another trade loop if I edit my want list one more time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
will the results be posted here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I'll post a link here to the results, which will be in the OLWLG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Results are up!
http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Trades will occur at 1 PM on Saturday, August 4, at the Board Game Bash. Be sure to bring everything you need to give away that day, as you'll otherwise need to leave the convention to run home and get it.

Have items that didn't trade? Take a look at the lists of stats generated by the OLWLG. One of them is a list of Who Wanted Mine, so you know who, if anyone, was interested in some of your games.

Then, relist things that didn't trade (at least the ones other people wanted) in the virtual flea market. Maybe you'll pick up some trade or purchase offers.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/144240/austin-board-ga...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls