Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm going to be spending next week in Vienna, and I'm looking to check out some gaming shops or game nights at those shops, or even a private game group. I checked out earlier threads on this topic, but most of the links provided were in German, and alas, it's been years since I had even rudimentary German. Is there any one place I should be sure to check out for a game night?

Thanks!

Jeremiah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Resch
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello ... the "Spielekreis Wien" has it's game-night on tuesday at 6pm. There might be 30 or more people, though some might head for the Essen fair at about 9pm. They play mostly european games. I'm not there cause I'm already on my way to Essen then. But it's worth to check out. Some of them might speak english I think.

Here's the address:
Cafe Restaurant Goldengel
Erdbergstrasse 27
1030 Wien
Web: www.goldengel.at

If you go there, let me know if you enjoyed it ...

Greetings ... Andreas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two shops:

Damage Unlimited
Theobaldgasse 20
1060 Wien
http://www.damage-town.com
Near Mariahilfer Straße, Vienna's "shopping mile".
If you use public transport, it's near the underground station "Museumsquartier" of line U2.

Personal suggestion: If the weather isn't too cold, and you like italian ice cream, Paolo Bortolotti, nearby on the Mariahilfer Straße is one of the best.

Spielerei
Mariahilfer Straße 88a
1060 Wien
http://www.spielerei.at

Not too far from Damage Unlimited, a bit further away from the city center. It's not directly on the street, there's a kind of small plaza on the right hand side (if you look away from the city center), that's where you can find it.
Line U3, station Zieglergasse, if you use public transport.

Of course, both websites are in German, but if you drop them an email, or call them maybe they can tell you about game nights or such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls