Popular Tags: [View All]
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new store just opened up at the Great Northern Mall in North Olmsted called "I'M GAME". Miss Panda and I went there and I won a Catan tournament (2 games) for $25 of store credit which I spent to get the new expansion for MEMOIR 44'. The owner is Mike and he really enjoys games with his wife Wendy so they opened up the shop to promote and play. Stop by and play one of the many games they keep open on their shelves if you're in the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How different is the store compared to The Game Keeper (the WotC chain store)? And what sort of stuff do they have there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcpranno wrote:
How different is the store compared to The Game Keeper (the WotC chain store)? And what sort of stuff do they have there?

As opposed to he WotC store (which closed it's doors there several years ago) Their shop is aimed directly at the Boardgame Market and Eurogame specifically. They've had the most complete in-store inventory of Eurogames that I've come across. Where our other local stores stock a few shelves to keep us coming back, here's a whole store of boardgaming goodness

There's a nice in-store library and the owners are willing to take the time to teach you to play a game you're interested in.

Kudos to them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news! Thanks for posting it. Is the store in the mall proper, or in the surrounding shopping center? What is it near?

I hope they make it. Game stores have not had a great track record at that mall. The Keep and the WotC store both lasted only a couple of years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus the Bull
United States
Elyria
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the side hall that was closest to where Fridays used to be. It's near the Dick's entrance to the mall proper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
There'll be a special Boardgames Meetup there on October 20!
If you would like to check out the store AND play some great games AND meet some fun players from the area, then be sure to make it to the special Boardgames Meetup scheduled at the store on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 20!

They'll be starting at 5:00 PM and going until 9:00 PM or later.

For information about the event, see http://boardgames.meetup.com/38/events/4779796/

For more information about The Cleveland Boardgames Meetup Group, see http://boardgames.meetup.com/38/about/

Cheers,

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls