RJJ Zwiers
Netherlands
Enschede
Nederland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I'm in Boston right now for a convention for my work. Since I'm at this side at the Atlantic, I just as well might check on the nearest game store. But, where (if any) is a game store in the Boston (MA) area?

Thanx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Vosper
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's the Compleat Strategist on MAss Ave, across from the Christian Science buildings, and the Games People Play in Cambridge, around 1100 Mass Ave, between Central and Harvard Squares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, I love BoardGameGeek. I only wish when I was traveling several years ago, I could have as easily found game stores and gamers to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, a plug for a cool site: http://boardgamestuff.com/cgi-bin/gamestore.pl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Eno
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
Where are you staying, how long are you here? We play games in the Back Bay of Boston every other Wednesday. This Wednesday being the day. We'd love to see you there. Private message me if you are available Wednesday night!

Rob Eno

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Danger Palnet. My old haunt. However, "Games People Play" blew my mind! Fantastic! A must for anyone who is a gamer. The store where it all began for us Americans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Fuller
United States
Ashland
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also a nice game/bookstore in the "Garage" mall at Harvard square just a few blocks down from Games People Play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Noneyobusiness
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Check out Danger Planet Games just off of Moody Street in downtown Waltham. http://www.dangerplanetgames.com/nuke/

There is also another game store just a block or two away called... uh, forgot the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJJ Zwiers
Netherlands
Enschede
Nederland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Robert!

I'm at the Marriot Copley, so Back Bay is near! The conference lasts till wednesday, and I guess I've nothing to do wednesday night. Might be I'd have some dinner to attend for a little networking, but nothing has been scheduled yet. I'd love to come, but I'm not yet sure whether I'll be able.

Please let me know the directions, and I'll see if I'm able to make it!

Grts
Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Maloney
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games People Play! Games People Play!
Both Games People Play and The Compleat Strategist are on the same street, albeit in different cities - Massachusetts Ave; the road those pesky British took from Concord to get to Boston in 1776. It goes right through Harvard Square, over the Charles River and right by the Compleat Strategist (as indicated, directly across from the Christian Science Center).
I'd say Games People Play is the better store. Larger, if memory serves, and with a broader selection. The Compleat Strategist in Boston is focused very heavily on wargames. You'll find the "Euros" there, too, but not nearly as varied a selection as you'll find in Cambridge at Games People Play. (the Compleat Strategist in New York is a different story altogether). You can 'subway' it out to Harvard Square on the Red Line. You could actually walk there if a few miles wouldn't bother you.
If you have on-line access, check out the Games People Play Web site. When you get there, ask for Carol Monica; this woman started importing German titles long before they became fashionable. Fascinating woman to talk to; reason enough to go there. Staff are all gamers. You'd be hard-pressed to find a game on the shelf or counter that someone hasn't played personally.
A must experience. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls