Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in Maryland for a friend's wedding, and I searched online for any game stores that were close by. I found Neverland Games in Waynesboro, PA and I just wanted to take the opportunity to tell anyone in the area that they should definitely check this store out! It's actually in two locations, almost across the street from one another. I got there just at opening and the owner told me about the other location. When I told him that I would head over there, he called to see if the person running that location had come in yet to open. When no one answered, he closed up that store for a couple minutes (it was early and no one was around), and he walked my wife and I over so we could browse there. We discussed a lot of games and he gave me some good recommendations. I probably would not have walked out of there with quite as much as I did, but I really wanted to support such a great small business owner that went out of his way to help a customer. If I am ever in this neck of the woods again I will be buying some more games! Fantastic FLGS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the difference between the two stores?

I'm considering a road trip from Baltimore, but the only weekend day both are open is on Saturdays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Voge III
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my podcast at www.thepartygamecast.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Close to Waynesboro, PA is the lovely Hagerstown Suns baseball team, that play at Municipal Stadium. If you think of heading out during the 2012 season, another geek is the Stadium PA voice for most games. I would love to know a few geeks are in the crowd, and I will have to check this store out.

Thanks for the tip,

Bruce H. Voge III
PA Announcer for the Hagerstown Suns
Class A Affiliate of the Washington Nationals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
What's the difference between the two stores?

I'm considering a road trip from Baltimore, but the only weekend day both are open is on Saturdays.

One (the one on E. Main St.) is fairly small and has a mix of family games (Monopoly and that sort of thing) with lighter games like Ticket to Ride, Carcassone, Fluxx, etc. The other (W. Main St.) is much larger (and harder to find if their banner isn't up though as it is just a doorway that leads to the store on the second floor)and carries war games, (many tables set up to play) and more complex board games. Since I don't really have any great FLGS near where I live, I can't really compare in terms of stock to other game stores, but I thought they certainly had quite a nice selection and, like I said, the attention to customer service was top notch. My wife and I were made to feel very welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls