$30.00
Recommend
39 
 Thumb up
 Hide
135 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Civilization Bible of Rulings and Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: favorites [+] [View All]
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beta version

I'm waaaaaaiting the mods approve the pdf file... until this happen, please look at the stuff here.

That file intends to collect all the questions, faqs, errata, clarifications and new rulings in one place. It also includes easily missed rules.

Please send colaborations in this thread or to p.s((at))ig.com.br (English or Portuguese).

You can refer to the item number in order to contest. I also happily accept language fixes, as English is not my native language.

Thanks to UniversalHead, davidb3 and InfoCynic previous work on this.

Important: where you find discrepancies between this document and the original rulebook, this document replaces the original rulebook, because there you can find ambiguities (solved here), omissions (showed here), mistakes (fixed here) and rules that were changed afterwards (updated here). This document includes changes in the rules released with the expansion.

Turn order

1. Start of turn, City Management and Movement are strictly played in turn order.
2. You can only act in your turn, except when explicitly written that you can cancel an action or interrupt another player.
3. Special case: during Start of Turn, if you unlock a new form of government (e.g., by a player using with you a “Exchange of ideas” type of card), you can switch to that government immediately, without Anarchy, even if you had already done your actions in Start of Turn previously.

Advanced tie-breaker

4. This is an official optional ruling from the designer. Although it is optional, it is very recommended.
5. The game ends immediately with a military victory, like in the normal game.
6. But, if a player completes a culture, economic or technology victory, the rest of the turn is played out.
7. After the end of the turn, every player who has completed a non-military victory calculates their victory score.
8. If a player completes an economic victory at any moment during the turn, he still applies for a victory even if he loses coins afterwards.
9. Victory score = techs learned + culture spaces advanced + coins
10. You count all the techs you have, without any exception. You count all the coins you have, even beyond 15. You count only up to the “Culture victory” space.

Resource ability

11. You can use a resource ability only once per turn. Attention: there are several tech abilities that are not resource abilities, and those always state clearly when they can be used (once per turn, once per battle, etc.)
12. When a resource ability is canceled (by a culture card, or tech for example), that resource ability is now used up, and the player can’t use it again this turn even having another resource to fuel it.

Governments
13. When a player obtains a tech which unlocks a new form of government during the Movement Phase, he can switch to that government during the next Start of Turn, as if it was obtained by research.
14. When forced into Anarchy by a Culture card, the player cannot switch to any other government in the same turn: it does not matter if he just researched a new form of government.
15. Feudalism. You can’t harvest twice from the same square.
16. Democracy. You can nuke a city with Atomic Theory.

National abilities

China
17. When Chinese win a battle, check first for loss of figures due to lost of units, and then use the Chinese ability to save a unit.

Germany
18. Germans always get the free unit by researching a tech that unlocks a level of unit, even when they unlock a level below another previously unlocked.
19. Their national ability apply even if they acquire the tech by other means, like culture event, or stealing.

Russia
20. They can rebuilt the white army.

Spain
21. They can rebuilt the white scout.

America
22. Place the starting Great Person before collecting setup trades.
23. When spending 3 trades for 2 Hammers, you can’t split these Hammers in 2 different cities. Example: You have 5 Hammers in a city and build there a Scout, by spending 3 trades and reaching 7 Hammers there. The scout is built with 6 Hammers, and one hammer is lost.

Egypt
24. You cannot combine the Egyptian ability with Engineering in the same city action.
25. You can use your ability to build a city wall.

Technologies
26. When you research a tech that grants you a coin, you gain it immediately for the sake of paying trades for that research.
27. When you invest a coin that was over a tech, you can freely refill the tech.

Atomic Theory
28. You can nuke a city even if you are in Democracy (same as 16).
29. You don’t get loot for nuking.
30. You can reuse icons on squares/tiles of your cities, because you are in fact having a second turn.
31. If you have two nuclear resources, you can use both abilities in the same turn (you can use a resource ability once per turn).

Code of laws
32. You don’t get a coin here when you defeat an enemy Scout without battle (although you do get loot for doing this).
33. You can convert to Republic and use its power in the same Start of Turn phase.

Combustion
34. You cannot destroy an enemy building if you just entered there for a battle. You must first win the battle. You only gets to destroy first the walls of a city, when attacking it.

Communism
35. If you stop a player while he is crossing water using Navigation, the figure stops in the water even if he doesn’t have a tech for doing so.

Engineering
36. You cannot combine the Egyptian ability with Engineering in the same city action (same as 24).
37. You can build 2 armies at the same time in a square with enemy figures, in order to battle with a hand of up to 5 battle cards.

Mass Media
38. When you cancel a resource ability, the affected player can’t use that ability for this turn, even if he has another of the same resource to spend.
39. You cannot use a culture card to target a player without United Nations against his will.

Metalworking
40. When you use an Iron in a battle, it increases the number of wounds you deal to the enemy unit. It doesn’t increase the number of wounds your unit can withstand, and the extra damage is only dealt once, as you play the card from your hand.

Mysticism
41. The card you choose to discard must be discarded face up.

Navigation
42. If you are stopped by Communism while crossing water, your figure stops in the water even if you don’t have a tech for doing so (same as 35).

Writing
43. It cancels a city action (some tech cards mistakenly word “an action”).
44. The affected player can’t take an action in that city, but he can take back resources that he eventually used (ex. Wheat) in the action he was trying to perform.

Culture Cards

45. You can cancel a cancelling.
46. You can draw a culture card even if you already have the max amount of cards already in your hand, but, in this case, you must immediately choose one of them to discard, face up, this way returning to the max amount. Example: you can handle 2 cards. You draw a third one. You look at all the 3 cards and choose one to discard.
47. When moving onto (but not further) the “Culture victory” space on the culture track, you gain a III level culture card.
48. Bread and circuses is a card that you can use to cancel any culture event that affects you, including cards that affect your units (even whether the card says to affect “a square”), and also including a Bread and circuses played to cancel a culture event you just played. You cannot cancel, for example, an Exchange of ideas or A gift from afar played among other players. But note that you could cancel them if the player tries to use them with you: in A gift from afar, for example, the opponent couldn’t use the resource in the card, but you also wouldn’t gain the coin. The designer explained that the intent is that you cannot mess with an event if it’s not affecting you.
49. A culture card with resources must be discarded immediately when using the resource. You cannot trade the resulting Resource and you cannot keep it for later.

Drought and Deforestation
50. You can play a desert in a water square.
51. The disaster tokens used with these cards may be put in squares with a Great People in it. Put the token under the GP token.
52. The disaster tokens used with these cards may be put in squares with a hut or a village in it. Put the token under the token.
53. The disaster token is now a terrain as any other: for example, you can build a Trading Post over a desert disaster token.

Wonders
54. You open a new wonder to purchase just after someone build one.
55. When you obsolete a wonder, you can choose to obsolete one still available in the market. In this case, discard the obsoleted wonder and draw a new one.
56. You can have only 1 Wonder in each city.
57. Even an obsolete Wonder must be replaced if you want to build a new Wonder in a city that already has one.
58. An obsolete Wonder still generates culture tokens when devoting the city to the arts.
59. Wonders cover up everything in the square they are on, just like buildings and great people.
60. Himeji Samurai Castle is virtually an upgrade of 1 level in all types of units.
61. Panama Canal. Coins gained go on the card, where they can be blockaded by any enemy figure, but not stolen.
United Nations
62. Your units and buildings are also protected.
63. If a player uses a culture card that acts as a resource to do an action (a resource ability) against the player with the UN, it cannot be stopped by the UNs ability, because the culture card is fueling the resource ability, it’s not targetting the player with the UN.
64. Porcelain Tower. The player who owns it can research a level I tech with 1 or more trade, a level II tech with 6 or more trade, etc.
65. Pyramids. If Pyramids are obsoleted, the player must immediately revert to a Government he had researched, or Despotism if any.
66. Great Wall. If the city with the Great Wall is attacked and destroyed, the winner gets only 1 Loot, because assigning the loot is part of resolving the defeat (the owner of the GW is deprived of it only after the resolving).

Scouts and Blocking

67. Scouts gather icons from squares containing buildings and wonders.
68. Military bonuses and wonders abilities can be blockaded, even by a scout only, but it doesn’t send such abilities or bonus to the scouts’ owner. It does send the culture icons on the wonders.
69. A scout in the outskirt of a city can transfer that square to another city, but the original city can’t use the icons at the same time.
70. Two scouts in the same square can’t gather twice the resources, hammers, etc.
71. In the turn when the Scout are built, it is unable to send a square to other city, because the Scout are activated only at the Start of Turn, when linked to a city. Example: a Scout built in a previous turn can gather immediately a coin to where it moves in the Movement phase, while a Scout just built in the current turn cannot.
72. Immediately when the figure leaves a square, a blockade ends.

City Management

73. You don't have to devote to the arts in order to spend culture.
74. Each city can have only 1 Star Building. Example: if a city already have a Barracks, the player can’t build other Barracks, a Market or a Temple there, unless he replaces the existent one for another one.
75. Resources and culture tokens may be spent in the same City Management phase as when they are gathered.
76. City Wall is like a building. Egypts can build it using their ability (same as 25), Gunpowder can destroy it, etc.

Battle
77. The defender plays first, except if defending a city with wall.
78. While a battle is taking place, no player can interrupt (for example with a Movement culture card) or do any action before the battle is finished and resolved.
79. In order to engage to a battle with a stack of 2 or more armies, they must be already in the same square at the beginning of your turn. This means that you have to group them in this turn if you want to attack with them all in the next turn.
80. If both players want to use culture cards to get unit cards just before the battle, the first player in the turn order can buy them first.
81. You can win a combat even if you have no units, because of the bonus.
82. If involved in a battle, you must draw and play unit cards.
83. Your turn in a battle is Ability > Card > Ability.
84. The battle ends after 2 subsequent turns where no player play neither a card neither an ability. This means that, if you are out of cards, you still can use an ability, like Mathematics. So, after the exhaustion of all cards from both players, they keep “playing” until both pass.
85. You can use an ability however you play the card (there is a misunderstanding about the rulebook saying that abilities “must be played before or after attacking an enemy front”).

Miscellaneous
86. When a player gains “2 Loot”, he can choose one of the “2 Loot” items, or he can choose two “1 Loot” items (different ones or twice the same).
87. A flight unit costs 12 (there were a misprint in the base game).
88. If a player gains a figure in a barbarian token (“friendly barbarian”), it cannot move until the next turn.
89. Stacking limit is absolut. A player can’t, for example, use a culture card to move an opponent’s figure with the result being a square with more figures than that opponent can afford.
90. When disbanding a figure, you may put a marker (caravan for scout, fortification for army) in the city if there is no marker there.
91. You can still disband a figure in a city if it has already a marker, but you can’t add a marker and you can’t replace the marker.
92. You can still move through your city centers choosing not to disband.
20 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Notsteve Notlawton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Are you sure of rule 18? It seems counter intuitive, as the german nation card explicitely states: every time you UPGRADE OR UNLOCK a unit, you recieve one of those units for free and a market rescource of your choice. I you get mathematics, but allready have metal casting, you aren't upgrading the artillery unit, you are mearly getting a tech that states if you have lower than level 2 artillery, they are now catapults (thus if you had only archers, THEN got metal mathematics, you would activate germany's ability, and metal casting AFTER math and it activates again).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some suggested Edits, to a very well done compilation.

44. The affected player can’t take an action in that city, but he can take back resources that he eventually used (ex. Wheat) in the action he was trying to perform. Resource abilities are NOT used in this case and are still available to be used in a different city (if one is still available).

You might want to * rules that only apply to the expansion.

*80. If both players want to use culture cards to get unit cards just before the battle, the first player in the turn order can buy draw them first. {Also this is the only rule I am pretty sure is a best guess rather than official}

*88. If a player gains a figure in a barbarian token (“friendly barbarian”), it cannot move until the next turn.
*89. Stacking limit is absolute. A player can’t, for example, use a culture card to move an opponent’s figure with the result being a square with more figures than that opponent stacking limit allows. You also can't move through your own figures even by flying if it exceeds your stacking limit.
*90. When disbanding a figure, you may put a marker (caravan for scout, fortification for army) in the city if there is no marker there.
*91. You can still disband a figure in a city if it has already a marker, but you can’t add a marker and you can’t replace the marker.
*92. You can still move through your city centers choosing not to disband.

Nice job Paulo!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deredbaron wrote:
Are you sure of rule 18? It seems counter intuitive, as the german nation card explicitely states: every time you UPGRADE OR UNLOCK a unit, you recieve one of those units for free and a market rescource of your choice. I you get mathematics, but allready have metal casting, you aren't upgrading the artillery unit, you are mearly getting a tech that states if you have lower than level 2 artillery, they are now catapults (thus if you had only archers, THEN got metal mathematics, you would activate germany's ability, and metal casting AFTER math and it activates again).


Kevin ruled it is such, I also thought it was counter-intuitive, but it is official.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
So that was the reason for all those questions ( maybe ). Great list - easier to read than a ufaq's with questions/answers.

Corrections (maybe):

17. I think it should be either: "...loss of units..." or "...lost units..."

37. maybe inclued that "army/scout is not allowed". And instead of the "to 5..." put in something like "...and get the +2 to your battle hand size for the battle due to an extra figure". Since 5 is not the absolute (computers and fundamentalism can get you higher)

39. shouldn't it be "...a player with UN..."? If not I don't understand this one
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dlhammond wrote:
Some suggested Edits, to a very well done compilation.

44. The affected player can’t take an action in that city, but he can take back resources that he eventually used (ex. Wheat) in the action he was trying to perform. Resource abilities are NOT used in this case and are still available to be used in a different city (if one is still available).

You might want to * rules that only apply to the expansion.

*80. If both players want to use culture cards to get unit cards just before the battle, the first player in the turn order can buy draw them first. {Also this is the only rule I am pretty sure is a best guess rather than official}

*88. If a player gains a figure in a barbarian token (“friendly barbarian”), it cannot move until the next turn.
*89. Stacking limit is absolute. A player can’t, for example, use a culture card to move an opponent’s figure with the result being a square with more figures than that opponent stacking limit allows. You also can't move through your own figures even by flying if it exceeds your stacking limit.
*90. When disbanding a figure, you may put a marker (caravan for scout, fortification for army) in the city if there is no marker there.
*91. You can still disband a figure in a city if it has already a marker, but you can’t add a marker and you can’t replace the marker.
*92. You can still move through your city centers choosing not to disband.

Nice job Paulo!


Thank you Daniel

44. Very good addition.

80. I didn't use "draw" initially because I was afraid to link with the drawing of the units already owned by the players. I will use "get" again.

Important! Yes, it is a best guess! It's maybe a rare case, I just think it's better we have something (even arbitrary) than nothing. What do people think, please?

89. Fixed ("absolut" is the vodka! )

89b. You also can't move through your own figures even by flying if it exceeds your stacking limit.
Are you sure of it? surprise

I'm not sure about using *. It would be more difficult to search if people should first think if it is expansion related or not. What do you think?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
So that was the reason for all those questions ( maybe ). Great list - easier to read than a ufaq's with questions/answers.

Corrections (maybe):

17. I think it should be either: "...loss of units..." or "...lost units..."

37. maybe inclued that "army/scout is not allowed". And instead of the "to 5..." put in something like "...and get the +2 to your battle hand size for the battle due to an extra figure". Since 5 is not the absolute (computers and fundamentalism can get you higher)

39. shouldn't it be "...a player with UN..."? If not I don't understand this one


Yes, that was the reason!

17. Fixed.

37. You are right about the "5", fixed! But why would army/scout not allowed? I can't see the problem.

39. Yes! Fixed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Howe
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent job, thanks for putting this together.

I vote for adding the * symbol to the expansion rules, this would help when playing only with the base game, especially during teaching games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
PauloSantoro wrote:
37. You are right about the "5", fixed! But why would army/scout not allowed? I can't see the problem.


I'm sure there was a discussion about this (where I was corrected ). And almost sure there also was some sort of official/semi-official answer to back it. But I can't find it .

Though it is kind of in the rules. On p.27 under Blockades - "Buildings, wonders, great people, and scouts cannot be placed in a blockaded square after being produced".

And since the battle first happens after you place the army/scout (at the same time), you would infact be placeing a scout illegaly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would allow an army/scout combo, but the only time I could see it being useful is if you is if you had 3 or less units and you wanted the scout to die if you didn't win, pretty rare situation. It says you cant build a scout where there is an enemy army, but Engineering lets you build an accompanied scout, or build an army then add the scout after the battle. Engineering isn't defined clearly, but seems you could do it two at once or one after another since it isn't stated.

I am sure about the flying not increasing stacking limit, absolute limit, no matter what, is what he said.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
dlhammond wrote:
I would allow an army/scout combo, but the only time I could see it being useful is if you is if you had 3 or less units and you wanted the scout to die if you didn't win, pretty rare situation. It says you cant build a scout where there is an enemy army, but Engineering lets you build an accompanied scout, or build an army then add the scout after the battle. Engineering isn't defined clearly, but seems you could do it two at once or one after another since it isn't stated.


It is a very rare situation. But since this is a "bible" it should contain all answers :-).

And it really must be one or the other. Either you can build two armies at the same time and get the bonus to your battle hand - and then not the army/scout combo. Or you build one item at the time - and so after the first army is build battle would start immediately before you can place the second item (be that an army or a scout).

Though I do think it is stated on Engineering - you can "purchase two items instead of only one". So the "two items" replaces the "one item" - and so it is simultanious. You don't split the build action in two - just the hammers.

Also if someone uses writing to stop you from producing in that city both items would be canceled. And for him to make that decision the whole building process would have to be over and not split with a battle in between (with a scout or army waiting to be placed - if placed on one square he might want to cancel production, but placed on another he wouldn't want to).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Randor20 wrote:
dlhammond wrote:
I would allow an army/scout combo, but the only time I could see it being useful is if you is if you had 3 or less units and you wanted the scout to die if you didn't win, pretty rare situation. It says you cant build a scout where there is an enemy army, but Engineering lets you build an accompanied scout, or build an army then add the scout after the battle. Engineering isn't defined clearly, but seems you could do it two at once or one after another since it isn't stated.


It is a very rare situation. But since this is a "bible" it should contain all answers :-).

And it really must be one or the other. Either you can build two armies at the same time and get the bonus to your battle hand - and then not the army/scout combo. Or you build one item at the time - and so after the first army is build battle would start immediately before you can place the second item (be that an army or a scout).

Though I do think it is stated on Engineering - you can "purchase two items instead of only one". So the "two items" replaces the "one item" - and so it is simultanious. You don't split the build action in two - just the hammers.

Also if someone uses writing to stop you from producing in that city both items would be canceled. And for him to make that decision the whole building process would have to be over and not split with a battle in between (with a scout or army waiting to be placed - if placed on one square he might want to cancel production, but placed on another he wouldn't want to).


True and I was on the simultaneous side of the debate from the beginning and your example is excellent. So then you have to decide if "you can't build a scout on an enemy army" was is the type of rule that serves some purpose beyond, you can't make a scout to trigger a loot loss to help an enemy which would be irrelevant when you build an army with it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
dlhammond wrote:
True and I was on the simultaneous side of the debate from the beginning and your example is excellent. So then you have to decide if "you can't build a scout on an enemy army" was is the type of rule that serves some purpose beyond, you can't make a scout to trigger a loot loss to help an enemy which would be irrelevant when you build an army with it.


Yes, it is irrelevant if the army/scout losses. But it could make a difference if the building player wins the battle. He may need the scout at that exact spot in order to reach a specific square in the movement phase (maybe to build something next turn - either in another city or simply a new city). And a potentially winning move if this involves getting his 15th coin or the needed extra trade and/or culture for a cultural victory (or a tech victory next turn).
Or if he builds in another square, it could be destroyed by a nearby army (if the building player is after that army's player in turn order).

And so it is important to know if it is allowed or not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I create a poll about it:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9636692
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we have to answer any question, by asking the designer or by discussing the matter and then voting. The important is that all people can sit down and enjoy the game, knowing that they can solve any dispute with an easy to search text, just beside the board. So please show your questions!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franck
France
flag msg tools
Quote:
30. You can reuse icons on squares/tiles of your cities, because you are in fact having a second turn.
31. If you have two nuclear resources, you can use both abilities in the same turn (you can use a resource ability once per turn).


30. seems a bit strange stated like this. What then prevent me from taking as many "extra" turn as nuclear resources owned?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
n3ige wrote:
Quote:
30. You can reuse icons on squares/tiles of your cities, because you are in fact having a second turn.
31. If you have two nuclear resources, you can use both abilities in the same turn (you can use a resource ability once per turn).


30. seems a bit strange stated like this. What then prevent me from taking as many "extra" turn as nuclear resources owned?


Yes, that does look a bit strange. The "second turn" kind of indicates that you could also reuse any tech abilities (which is not the case since you don't actually get a second turn, but rather get to take another action with each of your cities).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
n3ige wrote:
Quote:
30. You can reuse icons on squares/tiles of your cities, because you are in fact having a second turn.
31. If you have two nuclear resources, you can use both abilities in the same turn (you can use a resource ability once per turn).


30. seems a bit strange stated like this. What then prevent me from taking as many "extra" turn as nuclear resources owned?


Maybe the wording is strange in this explanation. What this means is: when using Atomic Theory to play two actions with each city, you can reuse the icons in the second actions. For example, you can harvest incense in the first action of a city and, as a second action in the same city, you can harvest that incense again. I will change the word "turn" in the 30.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:
n3ige wrote:
Quote:
30. You can reuse icons on squares/tiles of your cities, because you are in fact having a second turn.
31. If you have two nuclear resources, you can use both abilities in the same turn (you can use a resource ability once per turn).


30. seems a bit strange stated like this. What then prevent me from taking as many "extra" turn as nuclear resources owned?


Maybe the wording is strange in this explanation. What this means is: when using Atomic Theory to play two actions with each city, you can reuse the icons in the second actions. For example, you can harvest incense in the first action of a city and, as a second action in the same city, you can harvest that incense again. I will change the word "turn" in the 30.


It should be after finishing your all of your city actions in your city management phase, you may take an additional action with each of your cities as if they were just starting the phase again (resources can be harvested again).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think:

30. You can reuse icons on squares/tiles of your cities, when making the second action for the city. Example: you can harvest incense in the first action of a city and, as a second action in the same city, you can harvest that incense again.

30b. But you can’t “double the icons” and do only one action. Example: if a city has 5 Hammers, you can (as seen in 30) use them to to make a item costing 5 Hammers in the first action and again a item costing 5 Hammers in the second action, but you cannot “spend 2 actions at the same time” and make a item costing 10 Hammers.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Fuentes
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paulo, I like Daniel Hammond's explanation for #30 a lot more. It is clearer and easy to understand. I would take his. Just my humble opinion. Keep up the good work!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, but what about item 30b? It explains a new thing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Fuentes
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they are both resolved with this: "After finishing your all of your city actions in your city management phase, you may take an additional action with each of your cities as if they were just starting the phase again (resources can be harvested again)".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Fremen wrote:
I think they are both resolved with this: "After finishing your all of your city actions in your city management phase, you may take an additional action with each of your cities as if they were just starting the phase again (resources can be harvested again)".


I agree this covers "b". You have to complete all your actions with all of your cities. Then you take new actions with each of your cities.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree this covers "b". Nevertheless, people ask strange things in the forum, just as if they couldn't see obvious rulings.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.