Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that the BoardGameGeek community might be interested in the new game I've developed, Chaos & Alchemy.

Chaos & Alchemy is a fast-paced card and dice game where the alchemists around the table race to become the first to build up a laboratory advanced enough to turn lead into gold. Players roll dice in an Experiment each turn, attempting to match or beat the shared Fortune Die. Successes allow players to draw cards from the deck or play cards from their hands. Failures require them to discard cards from their hands. Rolling doubles results in Chaos, and the Fortune Die changes.

The game is available for pre-order at the regular price of $25, with free shipping in the US ($5 extra for shipping outside the US). Orders will ship around August 6. I'll also be at GenCon for anyone who is interested in trying the game out there.

The full rules and print-and-play cards are available for free on the web site for folks who want to try it out. I also have some sample cards and an art gallery, along with some FAQs.

I've been blogging about the game development process as well, for those who are interested in that sort of thing (which seems to be lots of folks here, of course!).

Anyway, I hope you all find this to be of interest. Chaos & Alchemy has been a ton of fun to create, and I think it's a ton of fun to play, too!

Michael Iachini
Clay Crucible Games
Creator of Chaos & Alchemy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I look forward to checking this out at GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the game have an entry in the BGG database?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not in the database yet, no. The description of when a game should be added says that it should be actually shipping before it's added to the database if it's from a new publisher. Since this is my company's first game and I won't be shipping until about August 6, I think I should wait before adding it to the BGG database.

I'm eager to get it in the database, of course! But I want to make sure I do it right and respect the way things are done on BGG.

Michael Iachini
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith W
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are enough entries for Kickstarter and PnP games that yours would be welcome. Pretty sure that rule just means you should have a complete and ready to go game, and not just an idea for one before adding it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChaosAndAlchemy wrote:
It's not in the database yet, no. The description of when a game should be added says that it should be actually shipping before it's added to the database if it's from a new publisher. Since this is my company's first game and I won't be shipping until about August 6, I think I should wait before adding it to the BGG database.

I'm eager to get it in the database, of course! But I want to make sure I do it right and respect the way things are done on BGG.

Michael Iachini

I think it is okay to submit the game to inclusion in the BGG database now. Nearly all Kickstarter games are entered before the project even starts. I highly recommend that you submit it ASAP so that you can start posting information and pictures to get people informed and excited BEFORE you release it and before GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for letting me know; I have added Chaos & Alchemy to the submissions queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the suggestion of adding Chaos & Alchemy to the database; it's been approved!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/128352/chaos-alchemy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.