Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We're in Topsfield Mass this afternoon heading north to Bath Maine. We decided to take US 1 instead of the freeway to enjoy the country and look for interesting stops. Are there any good game store recommendations along the way? I see one store mentioned in an old thread in Portsmouth NH that I'll drive past. Anything else?

I love old dusty shops, but my primary goal is to find a particular Magic: The Gathering common that I collect, so any place that sells Magic singles could be worth a visit even if they don't carry board games.

Thanks in advance! I've never been to New England before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Diversions in Portsmouth is probably your best bet. I don't know of any other game stores along that route. They're a pretty new store, so I don't imagine they have a huge inventory of older Magic cards, but Portsmouth is a beautiful town and well worth visiting. Go to Bullmoose music for CDs and have a burger at Gilly's for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The one I planned to see in Portsmouth was alas gone. But I just stopped at Crossroad Games in Standish. It was a small but packed store with a huge gaming space. I picked up a limited edition copy of Puerto Rico, a Power Grid expansion, and the Agricola Legendary Forest Deck, plus a dozen or so Llanowar Elves. Good find!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls