Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am on vacation in Vermont and was thinking of going to Quarterstaff Games in Burlington, but since it's about 60 miles from where I'm staying I was just wondering if it's worth the trip. If anyone could post about it I would appreciate it. Thanks ahead of time! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarterstaff has a very good collection of board games, and a huge assortment of Warhammer Fantasy/40k minis and collectible card games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Menzel
United States
Montpelier
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
Missed it by that much ...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely worth a visit - the Church Street area that its located in is also a really nice place for a stroll, and you can get a really nice look at Lake Champlain while you're at it. Also lots of good food there ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baub64 wrote:
It's definitely worth a visit - the Church Street area that its located in is also a really nice place for a stroll, and you can get a really nice look at Lake Champlain while you're at it. Also lots of good food there ...

good to see someone who lives in the same general area as me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Nothing beats Church St. on a nice summer afternoon. The bars roll up their fronts and there are performers out all over the place. It was a very happening place the last time I was there in 2002...so..check that...

I have no idea how it is any more, but in the 90's when the Hippy cultural revival was in full swing and Phish was still playing pop-up shows on the side of the road...Burlington and Church St. rocked.

Stick juggling, drum circles, guitar players, there was a crazy good sax player. Head shops and other little quirky "earth store" places all over the place. It was pretty awesome stuff. Made me desperately want to go to UVM! Then I realized I had no interest in any of their degree programs except skiing all winter long .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information everyone. I will definitely be traveling there tomorrow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarterstaff Games is an okay store. Much better for Warhammer than board games. I wouldn't just go there for board games but more for Burlington. It is a fun city and there are less interesting shops on Church street than 10 years ago. More chain stores but it still has a cool vibe. Red Square and RiRa up the street are great bars and have good music. Nectars around the corner is an institution for music even though it is hit or miss these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, Quarterstaff is on the second floor and above a comic book shop. I believe it is next to a hand blown glass water pipe shop. It is right across from City Hall on what is called lower Church Street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Funguy wrote:
...it is next to a hand blown glass water pipe shop.

Wow. Apparently nothing has changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
medlinke wrote:
Funguy wrote:
...it is next to a hand blown glass water pipe shop.

Wow. Apparently nothing has changed. ;)

Yes, it has changed. Besides only one water pipe store there are several in Burlington. Gotta have some choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls