Subject: Boardgame stores in Italy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Strauss
United States
Tualatin
Oregon
flag msg tools
I will be traveling to Italy in the begining of November. We will be stopping in Rome, Venice, Florence, and others in between. Does anyone know if there are some good stores where I could find some games? How are the prices compared to ordering them here in the US?

Thanks

iamstrauss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Silva
Italy
CARPI (MO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best is I GIOCHI DEI GRANDI in Verona few meters from the Arena (center of the city); good assortment of games and magazines.
Another one is STRATEGIA AND TATTICA in Rome.
The prices in my opinion are high ... speaking about BOARDGAMES (doesn't matter if recent or old games) I prefer to buy on EBAY, or from the companies, or from stores in USA or in UK because, also including the shipment prices and sometime the import fees, they cost me lower compared to the Italian stores (including also local shipment costs of course).
If you come from USA, you should also consider the differences bewtween our currencies of course (1 EUR = 1,20 USD today).

Roberto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axel Toelke
Germany
Bielefeld
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been dealing with STRATEGIA AND TATTICA before, mainly through mail-order to Germany. Prices are generally high. However, I found them to be very friendly, helpful and usually well-stocked even on some out-of-print items. So I don't mind paying a little bit extra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paola B
Italy
Brindisi
flag msg tools
I often use "La Citta' del Sole", which is a chain that has shops a bit everywhere. Usually the do not have a massive selection of Euros, but you might find what you look for. The following link is their store locator: just select the area you're interested in and it will show the addresses of the shops in that area:
http://www.cittadelsole.it/customer/pages.php?pageid=12&mode...

I agree with Roberto though, prices might not be convenient. I'd suggest you make a list of the games you're interested in, and the prices you'd get them for in the US. I'm not sure, but you might find that the games by Italian publishers are cheaper in Italy; for the other ones, I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Strauss
United States
Tualatin
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info. It looks like I am better off just ordering the games here, especially since I live only a few hours from Funagain, Gamefest, and Boards & Bits. Although, I will still have to make a point of visiting the game stores in Italy, can't miss that opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls