Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norman Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
clarifications and notesns:

Every time an activation chit is drawn, the player decides whether that formation will move first and then fight OR fight first and then move. All units in that formation comply with the order chosen.

stacking is not just checked in the admin phase, rather stacking rules are in force throughout the entire movement (including retreats) of a unit.

mech units can advance 2 hexes after combat and as with 1 hex advances, enemy ZOCs are ignored.

German 4th and 8th regiments arrive in the game with the rest of their divisions.

German 13th division arrives on turn 3 at D

German 29th division arrives on turn 4 at B

There is no limit on the number of air units that can be allocated to a battle.

Surviving bombers (just like surviving fighters) acrue from turn to turn and can be re–used.

Units are always in command on their turn of entry onto the map. For those units that arrive ahead of their HQ (i.e. some turn 1 Germans) then on the next turn the normal command rules prevail, so if a HQ is not on the map and within command range, then that unit cannot activate. Think of it as advanced elements waiting for the HQ to catch up.

Don't forget – The one important rule that I overlooked was that ZOCs do not extend into heavy woods, this is critical to German progress and for French retreating units to find it easier to slip away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Norman, what do you think about Clayton's comments?

Quote:
Wow, this felt so underdeveloped. Armour has the same effect in clear as heavy woods? OK, there is a 1 column shift but that's even for infantry.

The Germans can cross the Muese on turn one since the French can't possibly move units near all of the crossings.

Rules state activation chits are put into the cup at the start of the turn, but French chits are part of the reinforcement phase which is AFTER the chit to cup placement, so does this mean there is a one turn delay for French activations? Rules oversight? Several other rules issues like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ethan I did not have a problem with the rules at all once the clarifications's Norman posted are taken into account.

I think the French delay is deliberate

I think Clayton is plain wrong re crossing the Meuse.
Something not right about his set up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Noble
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looks like Clayton has relized his mistake and deleted.

Having played the Tobruk game some serious issues have emerged.

To address I propose the following

Delete the Air rules - they are a mess.
Instead allocate Air Points to each side according to the number of Air Units they receive in the game. Each Air Point can be used once per turn

- Each Air Point provides a +1 modifier in a Combat.
- A maximum of 2 Air Points can be allocated by the attacker, per combat, and a maximum of 1 Air Point by the Defender (Attacker allocates first)

The retreat rules created silly results at low odds so I propose the following.

- Loses in retreat equate to a maximum according to the Combat ratio e.g 1-1 (1 step lose maximum), 2-1 (2 step lose maximum) etc etc
no step loses in attacked at negative ratio's - it is a simple retreat. This stops nonsense low odds attacks with a load of Air and Artillery points thrown in.

Also a couple of game specific rule changes:

- Tobruk. A retreat can be taken as a step lose if in a fortification.
Without this Tobruk falls too easily

- Sedan. France can allocate Air Points to blow a bridge. Need a 1 on a dice throw to succeed if 1 Air Point, 2 if 2 Air Points etc etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.