Rocky Patrick
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
So, I'm recently looking into gaming. I just moved to the Aurora/Naperville, IL area. I need to find a good place to buy games. I went to Gamer's Paradise. I bough Ticket to Ride and Carcasonne. I really want to get Memoir '44, but they didn't carry it. Does anyone know of a store that would?

Thanks,

Rocky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gamer's Paradise up at Woodfield Mall (Schaumburg) has an unusually good selection. Last time I was up there (about 3 weeks ago), they had all of the Days of Wonder games.

It's a little bit of a hike from Naperville, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gamer's Paradise in Fox Valley Mall would be much closer and about as good as any other one. Neither are amazing for boardgames. As far as I've been able to find, there is not much else in that area.

Games Plus in Mt. Prospect has a pretty good selection, but is also far. Tomorrow is Yesterday in Rockford is very good if you ever go that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ding Dong
United States
Ding Dong
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?Pyt=Typ&city=Naperville&...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another gamer in the Chicagoland area...

...that lives either straight west or clock-wise.

(I haven't complained about this in a couple of weeks.)

Welcome to the area. There are numerous game groups in your area.

I second Games Plus in Mt. Prospect. Hint: Leave your credit cards at home. I usually look at every game twice before I am able to pick just one and barely sneak out the door (after paying for my purchase of course).

Any gamers live south of I-80 and east of I-55 and are still in IL or near the border?

Later,
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kice
United States
Shorewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timlillig wrote:
The Gamer's Paradise in Fox Valley Mall would be much closer and about as good as any other one. Neither are amazing for boardgames. As far as I've been able to find, there is not much else in that area.

I live near Fox Valley Mall and make the 45 minutes trek up to Woodfield and that Gamer's Paradise due to their selection. (The manager there seems like an actual gamer...)

The Fox Valley location is about 800 party games, blacklight posters, poker chips, and 3 dusty games that you might actually be interested in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Hobbytown USA in Oak Park has an ok selection of boardgames. there are some other stores from that chain in the suburbs but each one has a different selection of items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wandering Dragon
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
Old thread but new store...

The Wandering Dragon Game Shoppe in Plainfield, IL.
www.WanderingDragon.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls