Subject: Gameshops in Berlin rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eero Pailinna
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Next sunday I'm heading to Berlin for four days and I'd like to know which are the best spots to pick up a good selection of boardgames! If you've got tips mail to me or write back here! Thanks already!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Brandt
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Since I am living in Berlin I can try to give you some help even though, personally, I almost always order my games via internet (The shops are a bit on the expensive side).
Nevertheless you might try these shops:

- Spielbrett
Körtestr. 27, 10967 Berlin
Nearest Underground station: Südstern (U7)
Excellent range of German games plus a few imported games. And they know what they sell, too! Probably the best of the Berlin shops. Usually a bit more expensive than department stores, though.

- Spielbrett
Berliner Str. 132, 10715 Berlin
Nearest Underground station: Blissestraße (U7)
2nd shop of same company but a bit smaller.

- Serious Games
Bundesallee 83, 12161 Berlin
Nearest Underground station: Friedrich-Wilhelm-Platz or Walther-Schreiber-Platz (both U9)
Large shop, German games plus a good range of imported games. Mainly, though, role-playing and tabletop games. Also comics and paraphernalia.

- Beutelsend
Karl-Marx-Str. 30 (corner of Reuterstr.), 12043 Berlin
Nearest Underground station: Hermannplatz (U7)
Specializing in role-playing and tabletops, but also some imported games that fit into the range. Also fantasy books in German and English language. Staff knows what it sells, too.

-Spielzeugland Ratzekatz
Raumerstr. 7 at the Helmholtzplatz, 10437 Berlin
Nearest Underground station: Eberswalder Str. (U2)
I have never been in this one but I was told that they carry a nifty range of boardgames.

- SpieleMax and Toys"R"Us
Several around the city
If you are more into mainstream games you may strike a bargain at one of these though the range is mostly limited.

- Department Stores
(e.g. Karstadt, Wertheim, KaDeWe) Most of them also also carry a reasonable range of current German games, and sometimes you can find real bargains there. Most are conveniently near underground stations.

I hope that will help you. Have fun in the city!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guenter Cornett
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I also recommend

Spielewerkstatt Kerber
Drakestrasse 35 A (corner Margaretenstraße)
12205 Berlin
Tel.: 675 674 9
next Station: Lichterfelde West
http://www.spielewerkstatt-kerber.de/

gaming groups:
http://www.bambusspiele.de/news/termine_sptreff.htm

best, Guenter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eero Pailinna
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Quote:
Man, it must be nice to live in Europe and be able to drive to a foreign country in less than two hours!
Well, a flight from Helsinki to Berlin takes about that two hours But yeah it's kind of nice, driving to St. Petersburg takes something like six or seven hours from here. And to Tallinn it's ~1,5 hours with a catamaran. I'm hitting Toronto and NYC next January - a bit further trip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eero Pailinna
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Whoa, thanks a lot! I'm going to be staying at a friend's place in Xberg, Gürlizer Strasse to be exact. Four days from sunday on, Hell Is For Heroes gig on tuesday at Kato. I guess I'll have bunch of time for checking out the game shops but it might be that I end up ordering something from Playme.de anyway... It's quite easy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls