12 Posts

Indonesia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Seas around Java Timur rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a sea border between Java Timur and Bali? Is there a one big sea area that's both north and south of Java Timur, or is the sea area split in two? We thought it was all one big area, so it doesn't matter whether a ship is north or south of Java Timur, but I'd like to clear this one up.

Edit: You can see the area in question in this image:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nevis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
N-H
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering exactly the same thing. I also thought it was one sea region, but wasn't sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's split in two. Both seas are adjacent to the westernmost area on Bali .

This will be in the FAQ appearing soon on our webpage.

Jeroen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lolo Mac
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

So ok, there are two sea areas, but are they adjacent ? Can a boat go from one to the other ?

Thank you,
Laurent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they are not adjacent.

Still working on the FAQ webpage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
jmdsplotter wrote:

Clarifying:

Does it require two or three ships to ship an oil from the south-eastern corner of Kalimantan Selintay to the southern coast of Java Timor?

To me it looks like only two ships are required. ie that the sea area around eastern Java Timor wraps around by Bali to reach both the northern and southern coasts of Java Timor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nevis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
N-H
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I think it should take three ships. There are two seas north and south of Java Timur and they are not adjacent (at least that's what I figured out from the posts above).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adriaan de Goeij
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the same question to Splotter a few weeks ago and received one week after asking the followimg reply:
The sea area around eastern Jave is actually tow sea area's (we were playing that it was one sea area) and they are *not* adjacent. As such transporting a good from the northern east Jave sea area to the southern Jave sea area would take 3 shipping legs because it has to pass through the Bali sea area (assuming there is a matching ship there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Diziet_Sma wrote:
I asked the same question to Splotter a few weeks ago and received one week after asking the followimg reply:
The sea area around eastern Jave is actually tow sea area's (we were playing that it was one sea area) and they are *not* adjacent. As such transporting a good from the northern east Jave sea area to the southern Jave sea area would take 3 shipping legs because it has to pass through the Bali sea area (assuming there is a matching ship there).

Ahh, thanks. We looked hard there for a little line to separate the north from the south but obviously failed to spot it. Cool, we know better now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
jmdsplotter wrote:

Clarifying:

Does it require two or three ships to ship an oil from the south-eastern corner of Kalimantan Selintay to the southern coast of Java Timor?

To me it looks like only two ships are required. ie that the sea area around eastern Java Timor wraps around by Bali to reach both the northern and southern coasts of Java Timor.

Yes, it takes three ships: kalimantan Selatan -> Bali -> Java Timor (south sea).

Jeroen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
jmdsplotter wrote:
Yes, it takes three ships: kalimantan Selatan -> Bali -> Java Timor (south sea).

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McCoy
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We also had this wrong and were treating the sea around northern and eastern Java as one big area. The way the sea area line runs right through the island of Bali seemed to indicate this was what Splotter had in mind. To hear that the opposite is true--that the sea areas are not only separate but aren't even adjacent to each other--is rather surprising. I'm disappointed that Splotter didn't make this more clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.