Sébastien Cormier
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
El Sebador
mbmbmbmbmb
All right!
I'm going to Bremen. Can anyone tell me where the good boardgame stores are? Gonna grab me Die Macher if I see it there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Peterson
United States
Hilo
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help you with game stores, but I must let you know to get some Beck's on tap (its brewed in Bremen). I was there in May, and it was fantastic! Try the Beck's Gold; you can't get it here in the states!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Panzer
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should try "Die Spielerei" (partly owned by Friedemann Friese afaik), Vor dem Steintor 33. They tend to have a good selection of current games and a few older ones, too. They are a mite expensive, though.

The shop is in a part of Bremen (the so-called "Viertel" or "1/4") that is known for some very nice cafés and brew-pubs. Stay away from plain Beck's, though. (Okay, you might wish to try the "Gold" variant). It is indeed brewed in Bremen, but is drunk all over the world. The brand for the 'natives' is Haake-Beck. And if it's dark beer you fancy, ask for a "Dunkel". Yum ...

Have fun!
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien Cormier
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
El Sebador
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the tips guys. Boardgames, Beer and a Baptism in Bremen(I'm going to be a godfather). Should be a good trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls